Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 61 of 425 FirstFirst ... 11 51 60 61 62 71 111 161 ... LastLast

Thread: Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky
    So the diluted works as well as undiluted? I use so much of it, and it's kinda expensive, so that would help.
    It IS expensive - no kinda about it. Have you seen that the gallon size is around $55? I love the stuff & will buy the quart size next time, but even that is expensive. More expensive than gas now!!! :-)
    I didn't know they have a quart size! That would be easier to handle (money-wise) than the gallon. It's good stuff, Maynard!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Well y'all making me think I need to start washing those batiks as I have never used batiks before. I have 10" squares so will try out a few tomorrow and see if they bleed.
    Elle, I am not religious about washing fabrics EXCEPT batics. I ALWAYS prewash my batics because they tend to run. With the smaller pieces, I put them in a bowl of hot water (or hot water in the sink). If they bleed, I keep rinsing until the bleed is gone (or so faint that it won't hurt any whites next to them).

Since I hate it when the small pieces distort, I lay them flat on a towel and roll the towel up tight and twist. This dries the pieces nicely and the rest of the dampness gets pressed dry with the iron.

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carsey
    I am looking into a new method of Quilt as You Go ladies, all will be revealed later.

Elle
    I'm up for info on the Quilt As You Go!![/quote]

I'm interested in learning, too. Elle, you WILL put up a tute when you have all the facts, won't you - Please?

Thanks for all the info on batiks, Martina and everyone who has given their opinion. okay won´t take a chance this time I will definately be swishing around in the sink tomorrow.

For those of you who want to know about Quilt as You go, this method is not the same as we used on Jane and I think will be better and quicker to finish the quilt. I have to do another block and take pictures to show you all what needs to be done. I hasten to add this is not my method but one I have heard about and maybe I ahve tweeked a bit.

Elle

DH went fabric shopping with me today and helped me pick out a fabric he likes for the narrow borders. of course the picture does not do the colors justice, the blue in the flowers is prettier than the pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Welcome Inanoni, the more the merrier. Hope you are joining in the Affairs of the Heart quilt, if so you are in the right place.

We like to know peoples names here we are a real friendly bunch so can you let us know please.

Elle
    My name is Laurel Hart

Welcome, Laurel!

Luv, I really like that border fabric! I've looked and looked and haven't seen anything I'd use. Where did you find it?

Blog Entries
    I would love to be able to work with unwashed fabrics, but I've been bitten in the butt twice in the short time I've been quilting..badly...so I always do it now. I wash all small pieces in the sink, rinsing until all the bleeding is rinsed out.

Luv...love the stripe! That will look fabulous!

Elle...you know I want to hear more about the QAYG...I liked doing it that way on Jane, although I ended up combining QAYG and machine QITD, trapunto and FMQ. How to quilt this o e is going to be interesting. I have no idea yet what it will tell us it wants!

Blog Entries
    I went camping for 4 days this past week and when I got home my fabric from Connecting Threads had arrived. I love it! My background fabric is called Coal but it has shades of black, dark gray and dark brown depending on the light. I also ordered some FQ of batik and I need to prewash everything. The fabric is prettier than I expected.

Blog Entries
    I spent most of today spray basting my last quilt. It is 117" x 120" and I knelt on a rubber mat but my knees are still sore. I want to start quilting on it so it will be finished for my DGD birthday on March 1. I then have another quilt to finish for my youngest DGS and then I will be ready to start AOTH.

Page 61 of 425 FirstFirst ... 11 51 60 61 62 71 111 161 ... LastLast