Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 63 of 170 FirstFirst ... 13 53 62 63 64 73 113 163 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 4243

Thread: Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Blog Entries
    I like the painting Donna, that technique would be another one that would work very well in some of these AOTH blocks where Aie used fussy cutting. Your mum's quilt reminds me of some of the Paula Nadelsturn's (sp?) quilts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattyjo7686
    This will be one of my first quilts. I have never appliqued before. I have never sew-en by hand as far as that goes. I am left handed and dyslexic. My new quilting friend is trying to help me "god bless her heart" she has no idea what she has volunteered for and don't you all tell her. Hope she is still my friend after all of this. I got one leaf done yesterday and I have cramps in my arms today. I must have been a bit tines what do you think. Wish Her luck.
    Patty, are you intending to do these blocks by machine, or try hand applique. As you haven't done any hand sewing, I think I would recommend you try a couple of machine samples before you make a final decision - and no, we won't tell a soul!

If you check out pages 26/27 here on this thread, I did a few samples for people to look at.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by craftyone27
    I guess I must be in on some level, even though I haven't officially joined. I have ordered the book and today I bought 2 1/2 yards of Kona Black for ummmm no reason-LOL!! Guess I am officially onboard at this point - thanks for the welcome ladies!!
    Chris, you are going to need more than 2.5 yards, even with only doing 7in blocks, I think the book says 6 yards. I bought 10 yards because I am doing 10in (finished) blocks and I'm hoping that will be enough.

I'm only telling you because I have two lengths of Kona black and they aren't the same colour so I have had to put one well out of the way in order not to muddle them up.

community benefactor Merlin's Mama's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Another recruit, welcom Merlin´s Mama. As we are all friends here can we call you by your first name please ?
    Thank you, my first name is Barb. I love all of your names written really nice on the bottom of your posts how do you all do that?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Quote Originally Posted by craftyone27
    I guess I must be in on some level, even though I haven't officially joined. I have ordered the book and today I bought 2 1/2 yards of Kona Black for ummmm no reason-LOL!! Guess I am officially onboard at this point - thanks for the welcome ladies!!
    Chris, you are going to need more than 2.5 yards, even with only doing 7in blocks, I think the book says 6 yards. I bought 10 yards because I am doing 10in (finished) blocks and I'm hoping that will be enough.

I'm only telling you because I have two lengths of Kona black and they aren't the same colour so I have had to put one well out of the way in order not to muddle them up.
    Thanks for the info on the yardage. I don't have the book yet and was in my LQS and I guess I just jumped the gun a bit by buying some KONA black. Hopefully when I go back they will have more that matches - if not this will go in the stash. I haven't completely committed to the black as a background, but I am leaning that way. I've seen beautiful picks w/other colors used for background. Decisions, decisions...
    Chris

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the group to Chris, Barb and Patty!

Donna, thanks so much for the painting info. I do have some acrylics here but I don't have any of the other that you mentioned. I assume that is a requirement...hmmmm...another shopping trip I see...(darn it! :wink: )

Patty...relax...relax!!! Its only fabric! :D:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin's Mama
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Another recruit, welcom Merlin´s Mama. As we are all friends here can we call you by your first name please ?
    Thank you, my first name is Barb. I love all of your names written really nice on the bottom of your posts how do you all do that?
    Here is the link for the siggies:

http://www.mylivesignature.com/

Hi Patty Jo I am up for the adventure with you. You do a good job of listening. Too bad your arm is soar. We will go shopping next time and save your arm. Everyone, I look forward to this post every day. I start with hot chocolate and you!!! I am doing a sample in 12" but as of now I want my quilt to be 10". I have a deep purple for my background. Trish B.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trish b
    Hi Patty Jo I am up for the adventure with you. You do a good job of listening. Too bad your arm is soar. We will go shopping next time and save your arm. Everyone, I look forward to this post every day. I start with hot chocolate and you!!! I am doing a sample in 12" but as of now I want my quilt to be 10". I have a deep purple for my background. Trish B.
    That sound nice, I think you are the first one to pick purple for a background.

Trishb, I love the sound of a purple one, I am so looking forward to seeing all those lovely blocks when we all get going.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trish b
    Welcome to the group, Trish. I'm looking forward to seeing the deep purple. I bet it will be absolutely gorgeous. The 10" blocks are a nice size to work on. I don't know how the gals are able to do the needleturn on the 7" blocks.

Wish I would have thought of the deep purple. I love purple.

The AOTH quilt sounds like the type of challenge I'm looking for and I would like to join your group.I think that I prefer to sew and embroider by hand onto a blue background fabric.

You made it Michele, welcome to the AOTH Cyber sew.

Michele is a good friend of mine and we both go to the same Sewing Group here in Spain. So I am going to have a buddy sewing along with me.

Word of warning, 7" blocks are a bit fiddly if you are doing needleturn, wonderful for applique, but a lot of us have enlarged our blocks to 10" by increasing the pattern size to 140%.

The blue background sounds gorgeous.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz-spain
    The AOTH quilt sounds like the type of challenge I'm looking for and I would like to join your group.I think that I prefer to sew and embroider by hand onto a blue background fabric.
    Welcome, Michele - good to have you aboard, Elle told us you might be joining in.

Welcome, Michele. It would be fun to have someone to work with on these blocks.

Welcome to this group Michele and Trish B, you will love it here, very helpful, curtious and friendly group. I also look forward to seeing your blue and purple choices ladies.
    Happy Quilting!!

hi all

Blog Entries
    Hi, Debbie, haven't seen you here for a while, have you been OK?

Blog Entries
    so, i guess it's about time i put jane down, and opened my AOTH book. is every one using batiks?

Blog Entries
    Welcome Trish and Michele!

The purple and blue backgrounds both sound like wonderful choices!! These quilts are all going to run the gamment for colors and all look so different! I can't wait to see them!

Michele..I'm doing the 7" blocks by hand. Mind you, I don't have thick hair to begin with and I'm getting less by the day...but it can be done :wink:

still busy with the grandbabies plus i have managed to catch a cold. i am getting ready to put the finishing touches on my daughter's quilted laptop bag that she requested so it will be better protected when she carries it to her classes. then i have 12 quilted potholders that i am going to do for wedding gifts for neices and nephews. then i will be all settled in for working on jane and AOTH.

i do check in as often as i can just don't always have the time to post.

DH also tries to keep me busy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmortherest
    still busy with the grandbabies plus i have managed to catch a cold. i am getting ready to put the finishing touches on my daughter's quilted laptop bag that she requested so it will be better protected when she carries it to her classes. then i have 12 quilted potholders that i am going to do for wedding gifts for neices and nephews. then i will be all settled in for working on jane and AOTH.

So sorry about the cold Debbie, hope you get better soon - sounds as if you need to be fighting fit to cope with everything on your plate.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmortherest

Luv, what potholder patterns are you using? I got one as a Christmas swap that was a DJ block pattern. I love it.

You take good care of yourself so you don't get sicker. The cold I got from my granddaughter last month went into bronchitis.

for the potholders i went into EQ7 and picked some blocks, printed them as 8" pp blocks and got started.

DD bought me some cold medicine (she has a vested interest in keeping me healthy). besides being DH's caregiver i am her babysitter lol. luv those babies.

Page 63 of 170 FirstFirst ... 13 53 62 63 64 73 113 163 ... LastLast