Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 170 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Blog Entries
    Ummm...maybe just { } much

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky
    Hey, does this new "do" make my rearend look big?
    I think your bun and your bum are well balanced. The turban does look a little top-heavy from this angle.

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Duckster! So glad you are going to give it a whirl! I think the frosts will look so good too! We'll all understand that you MUST shop...I think it says in the instructions that you must do that to participate! Or, maybe it was Kathy (QWC) who posted that in the original rules....mayby??
    It isn't written, just understood. We are, after all, fabriholics, aren't we. Therefore we MUST shop. :!:

By the way...your new "do" is fabulouso, but you do know I prefer looking at your pretty face side....LOL!
    Oh, that's not her face :?:

I've decided that I'd like to definitely go with the black background, and use all Fairy Frosts for the applique.

Ducky have you tried to iron that Fairy frost ......mine melted´.

Be careful, try it out

Elle

Been reading the Ducky posts. LOL "Does this new do make my rear end look big" ROTFL You are all mad which is good thats a prerequisite of being on these threads

Elle

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Lordy, I don't want to break any rules, so ***big sigh with arm over brow*** shop I must.

Hey, does this new "do" make my rearend look big?
    Yes it does, 'cause that's the side you have pointed at us!

Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    I've decided that I'd like to definitely go with the black background, and use all Fairy Frosts for the applique.

Ducky have you tried to iron that Fairy frost ......mine melted´.

Be careful, try it out

Elle

:shock: :shock: :shock: I've never bought Fairy Frost -- just admired it. It melted? I may need to rethink this, because I always iron my pieces. Well, I love batiks, so that's probably what I'll do.

Just got notice that AOTH shipped. I can't wait to see it.

Blog Entries
    Yippee...another book will be arriving! In the book, she says that you needed limit it to batiks, she didn't. She used a mix of fabrics that she said she had...must have a better stash than I do.

Yippee...another book will be arriving! In the book, she says that you needed limit it to batiks, she didn't. She used a mix of fabrics that she said she had...must have a better stash than I do.
    I don't understand. She says to limit it to batiks, but she didn't do that herself? Why would she say that, then not do it?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    In the book, she says that you needed limit it to batiks, she didn't. She used a mix of fabrics that she said she had...must have a better stash than I do.
    Patti, where in the book did she say that? In my book, page 7 it said:

FABRIC SELECTION--For this quilt, it is essential to have a large variety of 100% cotton fabric scraps in different colors and values...

This quilt might appear to be made mostly with hand-dyes and batiks, but in actual fact, it also has many different kinds of commercial fabrics...Using a variety of fabrics gives more depth to a diesign and makes a quilt seem more vibrant and alive. I find that it is best to use tightly woven fabrics, SUCH AS batiks, because they are less likely to fray than looser weaves. (The emphasis is mine)

And Ducky, I have Fairy Frost, and it has never melted for me. The coppery color in my Autumn Bargello is Fairy Frost. So Elle, maybe you got a bad batch. Or maybe your iron was set too high. I have noticed that with different of my metallic fabrics I need to have a cooler iron.

I am watching. I wanna see more photos. I was browsing back through and almost dropped my teeth (which is difficult since they are real) when I saw a post from ESQ!!! Howdie girl!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    I received notice from Amazon that my book was shipped on 2/5. I hope it comes this week. I loved the colors in the pictures that LaceLady posted and I will probably use similar colors in my quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
    I received notice from Amazon that my book was shipped on 2/5. I hope it comes this week. I loved the colors in the pictures that LaceLady posted and I will probably use similar colors in my quilt.
    Lace's colors really are pretty, aren't they? I should get my book from Amazon soon, also.....I guess I'll wait until then to decide on fabrics.

Blog Entries
    I plan on using those colors too! I am so excited about this quilt. It's just beautiful!!!

Paula

Lace's colors really are pretty, aren't they? I should get my book from Amazon soon, also.....I guess I'll wait until then to decide on fabrics.

Blog Entries
    Well I just ordered the book :shock: Hope I can stick with this one :oops: I am thinking black as the back ground but haven't gotten any further then that :?

Blog Entries
    :-P I am so excited about AOTH that I have to discipline myself to finish the quilt I am working on for my youngest GD. Her birthday is March 1 so I am feeling the pressure. Then my youngest GS has a birthday on June 30 and I want to make him a quilt out of all of his old T-shirts. I made one for his brother and he loves it. I'm always working on 1 quilt & planning the next one. Makes life more enjoyable.

Blog Entries
    Your granddaughter has a fabulous day for a birthday...it's mine too!!! I bet her birthday will be a lot more fun than man.

Paula

:-P I am so excited about AOTH that I have to discipline myself to finish the quilt I am working on for my youngest GD. Her birthday is March 1 so I am feeling the pressure. Then my youngest GS has a birthday on June 30 and I want to make him a quilt out of all of his old T-shirts. I made one for his brother and he loves it. I'm always working on 1 quilt & planning the next one. Makes life more enjoyable.

Welcome Paula and Lois, two new ones, great, looking forward to hearing more of what you plan ladies.

KWhite.......its ages since Ihave seen you on here ....how are you.

Elle

I think we all do that. When I finish DJ I have AOTH planned already and I am already thinking of another I really like too

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the newcomers, I have been out all day and just checking in. Thank you too for the nice comments - when you have your books, you will be able to see what Aie used, and it will make a lot more sense.

I have already used some fabrics other than batiks in those blocks I posted, because the colours fitted in with those. I don't see a problem with that, I have appliqued ordinary cottons lots of times, and none of them have ever fallen apart (well, so far, that is). I still say that you can use up loads of scraps in this quilt.

And Ducky you look fine, though I'm not convinced that is your best side.

K White, lovely to see you here, and I agree with you, it was great that Rachel came visiting.

Blog Entries
    My AOTH book arrived today and the pictures are gorgeous. I have so much fabric that I will try to use a lot of it but I always end up buying more fabric. My GD will be 20 years old on March 1 and she's a sweetie. She wants me to teach her how to quilt. She still lives in Miami so we are trying to plan a time when we can have a quilting workshop at my house in Sebring.

Well, I was hoping my book would arrive today, but no such luck, I guess it'll be tomorrow, but I am leaving on a ski trip, so will have to wait to check it out when I get back.

Regarding the issue with fairy frost, I have bought some recently, haven't used it yet, but did wash it and press it and it was fine, nothing changed with it. I wonder what happened with yours, Elle, how sad, I know it is not cheap!

How fun! It seems like more people are joining! I am working on finishing all my planned projects before we start this.

My AOTH book arrived today and the pictures are gorgeous. I have so much fabric that I will try to use a lot of it but I always end up buying more fabric. My GD will be 20 years old on March 1 and she's a sweetie. She wants me to teach her how to quilt. She still lives in Miami so we are trying to plan a time when we can have a quilting workshop at my house in Sebring.
    Oh, that's so nice about your granddaughter. That's what I really hope happens with my granddaughter, but she's only 2 1/2 right now.

Blog Entries
    Oh...so sorry...I had a little typo...I didn't mean "needed" to limit to batiks..I meant to say "need not" limit it.

I found my background today...(I think, although its a long time to go without changing my mind). Its a green- dark olive..but not one that I see frequently. I bought all she had left- 8 1/2 yrds and hope that will be enough!

Here it is with a few of the other colors I plan to use. I'll be pulling more, but at this point...its a start..

new background
    Name:  Attachment-158841.jpe
Views: 50
Size:  62.4 KB

maybe this shows the color better-nope..still looks too brown
    Name:  Attachment-158899.jpe
Views: 46
Size:  42.0 KB

Still showing too brown..but you get the idea
    Name:  Attachment-159174.jpe
Views: 55
Size:  45.6 KB