Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Didn't wanna hang out too long, there, ol' pal, ol' friend! Hey, one hand looks like the other! :roll:

Blog Entries
    I'm game for bribbery - cinnamon rolls just might do it!

Blog Entries
    Aw, you be nice to each other - no squabbling, just play nicely

(But Kathy, I think since you are right handed, perhaps you should have two right hands, and one left, not the other way round).

Blog Entries
    But cinnamon rolls are so yummy, especially right out of the oven with icing dripping all over. Besides, you're on the right hand, remember! :) That might mean that I'd be slapping you instead of the other right hand!

Enough of this picture - my mind won't stop laughing about all this! Maybe if someone would feed me a cinnamon roll, I'd settle down. We have a new Cinnabon store in this po-dunk of a town, but since I'm waiting for the plumber, I can't go get one. Maybe if they come soon, that will be my lunch!!!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Lara, you could always make 2 - one for daughter & the other just for you!!!
    Enabler! Don't you know I have a quilting addiction! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Lara, your idea sounds delightful - another pretty option and I will look forward to seeing it grow. What are you planning, sizewise? I am envisioning three blocks by four in the centre, to narrow it down?

Carsey, yes, I hand stitched the embroidery, just as per the book. I haven't ever combined hand stitching and applique before, but when the app. is done, I am finding it really nice to bring it to life with the embroidery
    To get a rectangle shape, I am thinking putting the blocks in a 5 x 7 configuration, with sashing and borders to bring it to twin size. The orphan 36th block will go into a pillow sham. We'll see how long I stick with this idea before I change my mind again! :-)

Well, I'm dipping my big toe into the water. I am so intrigued by the photos here, that I went ahead and ordered the book. I love the black background/batiks idea. There's no way I could ever keep up with most of you ladies, so I'll just plod along at my own snail-like pace.

Blog Entries
    Ducks - is that you? What happened to you? Glad you're gonna be on board with us!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Ducks - is that you? What happened to you? Glad you're gonna be on board with us!
    Ohhhh, you didn't recognize me with my new, beautiful "do".

I'll give it a try. I'd like to practice on needle turn applique.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the new nickname! I'm glad that I can be of assistance. If there's anything else I can do, please let me know. :-)

I think all of us are addicted to quilting. Why else would we spend so much time here on the Board talking about it? DH doesn't get it, even when I try to compare it to his spending all his time on the computer playing with numbers in spreadsheets. He's playing with the $$$ so I figure it's my obligation to spend them so he has more things to play with. I think he'd rather I spend a big bunch at one time than all the little bunches here & there that I do spend. :!:

Ok, ladies, I am laughing here at the image of Kathy with two left hands and one slapping the other, :lol:, but I am with Lesley, perhaps you should move one of the left hnds to have two right hands :mrgreen:

Patti, I think the olive green was a Robert Kaufman, sorry, I'd have got a photo, or got a FQ, but the shopmwas packed full for the Sale and I got distracted :P Once I get my book, however, I I'll start playing with layouts and will gos back to check things out. I'll keep you posted.

Lara, I think your idea sounds fabulous! What a lucky girl!

Blog Entries
    I like the do, just didn't recognize the you under it! Glad to hear from you & that you're joining us. If you want, the schedule is up, so you could get a jumpstart on it. The quilt police have all been arrested for impersonating an officer, so you're free to do it if you want!

Ducky luv the new "do" great to see you.

Kathy i have tried to compare my luv for quilting with DH's luv for woodworking. the thing he doesn't understand is my need to have so many WIP'S. at least that way i don't get bored, and my WIP'S don't take up as much room as his does. lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmortherest
    Ducky luv the new "do" great to see you.

Kathy i have tried to compare my luv for quilting with DH's luv for woodworking. the thing he doesn't understand is my need to have so many WIP'S. at least that way i don't get bored, and my WIP'S don't take up as much room as his does. lol
    My DH makes segmented wooden bowls. He has to collect different types and colors of wood for them to be distintive so he completely understands my 'need' for my stash. Because you cut, glue and wait for glue to dry, he totaly also understands my WIPs. In fact, last night he called me from another room telling of fabric that was 30% off. Bless his heart.

Ducky, I love your doo. Quite beautiful. Nice to meet you. LindaAnn :-D

Nice to meet you, too, LindaAnn!

Without going back to reread posts, does the book offer an inkling of how many different colors would be used? I'm sure most of it would be left to personal choice, but I saw all the fabrics that QWC had, and wondered if that would be typical. I have TONS of batiks, but, of course, I'll have to buy more! 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky
    Nice to meet you, too, LindaAnn!

Without going back to reread posts, does the book offer an inkling of how many different colors would be used? I'm sure most of it would be left to personal choice, but I saw all the fabrics that QWC had, and wondered if that would be typical. I have TONS of batiks, but, of course, I'll have to buy more! 8-)
    to answer your question all the book says is assorted scraps.

and of course you will have to buy more (i thought that was a prerequsite) lol

Ducky, get you preening away there, you are beautiful and you know it LOL.

Glad you are going to join us and of course you can´t join unless you are prepared to shop till you drop for fabrics. The more the merrier.

By the way ladies, I just posted a recipe for Cinnamon Rolls on Lacelady´s blog, go look, looks easy peasy to me going to try at the week end. However it refers to Castor Sugar and I have already had a query on that, I have no idea what you call that in the States.

Elle

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Ducky, get you preening away there, you are beautiful and you know it LOL.

Glad you are going to join us and of course you can´t join unless you are prepared to shop till you drop for fabrics. The more the merrier.

By the way ladies, I just posted a recipe for Cinnamon Rolls on Lacelady´s blog, go look, looks easy peasy to me going to try at the week end. However it refers to Castor Sugar and I have already had a query on that, I have no idea what you call that in the States.

Elle
    I'll pop in here, it was superfine sugar, Elle.
    Ducky I think it will be great for you to join in - it isn't going to be a race here, and I suspect as the summer progresses and people go on holiday etc., the schedule might not always be kept up with, and you can keep those people company.

Although the author of the book uses tons of different batiks, I think you could make a really beautiful quilt with scraps from your stash, or if you want a more structured version, they I would look for small quantities (fat eighths or quarters) of two or three shades of colours in your preferred palette.

I am trying to use pinks, blues, lilac/purples, and various greens for leaves, but with a few odds and ends thrown in. The original also has yellows, oranges, reds in fact, quite a rainbow of colours.

I've decided that I'd like to definitely go with the black background, and use all Fairy Frosts for the applique.

Blog Entries
    Oooooooo! That sounds so pretty. My avatar is Kona Black w/Fairy Frosts for the spokes. This will be a dyno-mite combo!

I've seen a few sites that have the Fairy Frost on sale. Once payday hits, I'm storming those places.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky
    I've seen a few sites that have the Fairy Frost on sale. Once payday hits, I'm storming those places.
    Being a curious sort, I had to go googling Fairy frost, so I knew what you were talking about, and I found a nice site here:
    http://www.afabricoasis.com/MMFairyFrost.html

But you US ladies would have laughed at the one I found in the UK that was offering it for sale at £12.95 per metre - that's the equivalent of $20.88 for about 40 inches.

Bookmarked it, Lace. Thanks.

You found Fairy Frost for that outrageous amount per metre???

Blog Entries
    Duckster! So glad you are going to give it a whirl! I think the frosts will look so good too! We'll all understand that you MUST shop...I think it says in the instructions that you must do that to participate! Or, maybe it was Kathy (QWC) who posted that in the original rules....mayby??

By the way...your new "do" is fabulouso, but you do know I prefer looking at your pretty face side....LOL!

Lordy, I don't want to break any rules, so ***big sigh with arm over brow*** shop I must.

Hey, does this new "do" make my rearend look big?

Page 12 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 62 112 ... LastLast