Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 112 of 170 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 111 112 113 122 162 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 4243

Thread: Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Blog Entries
    It's pretty quiet here in AOTH land so I guess I'll have to go and finish a quilt that's been haunting me for the past several months!!! :shock: I want to get this thing outta here!!!!! All I have left to do are the borders, and then I can bind it, wash it and send it on its merry way!! :thumbup: :thumbup: YEA!!!!! I'm so tired of looking at it, and I just want it GONE!!!! :D :D

Catch everyone later!! Hope you all have a great day! 8-) 8-)

now, just bc you are getting to work on a WIP...don't look at moi!
    I've got my paws full with AOTH!
    So, I guess that's my cue to go work on it! happy creating everybody! :-D

Blog Entries
    I'm still poking along, but slowly. I'm doing the hand sewing on the blocks at night and currently pulling my hair out quilting something else during the day.

Blog Entries
    I'm still waiting to be able to get mine layered and ready for quilting. I stopped temporarily to try and help Flossy with one of her UFO's.

I'm still working on my second block.

Blog Entries
    So...have you decided how you are going to quilt it Lesley?

havent spoken up in a while :( I'm in the midst.... to top of my head!! in being a quilt show chairperson for our guild... the show is in September - and taking care of daughter's health, We are trying to get her into a bechets study at NIH and getting everything together is going to take a while and there is a remote possibility that the medical investigative studies and the show could be close timing wise :shock: :cry: :x ... which would not be good... for her [DD] yes - because it could also take over a year and she is in excruciating pain. :( :|
    so pray ...whatever you do ladies and I may not really get to any of this for a little while. Got square 9 [first one??] completely embroidered last night and have done most of the applique of 8 & 11 but I really should finish SOMETHING for our quilt show...

should a co-chair have nothing in the show??? at this point nothing is finished!!! :oops:

wehen I do - you'll be one of the first to see :-D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
    havent spoken up in a while :( I'm in the midst.... to top of my head!! in being a quilt show chairperson for our guild... the show is in September - and taking care of daughter's health, We are trying to get her into a bechets study at NIH and getting everything together is going to take a while and there is a remote possibility that the medical investigative studies and the show could be close timing wise :shock: :cry: :x ... which would not be good... for her [DD] yes - because it could also take over a year and she is in excruciating pain. :( :|
    so pray ...whatever you do ladies and I may not really get to any of this for a little while. Got square 9 [first one??] completely embroidered last night and have done most of the applique of 8 & 11 but I really should finish SOMETHING for our quilt show...

should a co-chair have nothing in the show??? at this point nothing is finished!!! :oops:

Wow, your plate is overflowing!! :shock: I hope everything works out for you and your daughter. I'm not familiar with what she has, but I will do a search so I am better informed. I will pray for her and for you.

Maybe you could do a few more of the AOTH blocks and put them together for something (a small wallhanging or frame a few of them??) to have in the show. ;) I don't know how it is for you, but I find hand sewing very calming, and right now it seems you could use a little bit of something calming. Sending lots of hugs and lots of prayers your way. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Deecee
    I'm still working on my second block.
    slow down, Dee! I'll be back here by myself, LOL! j/j :wink:
    I'll have #9 of the new color scheme finished tomorrow!
    YaY!...then i have these really dripping-with-drool, ideas for #10 and one of my lily pads...must be #11.
    I have to restrain myself from planning ahead too far, bc it makes me work on one, then jump to another, and another...and I don't "produce"!
    I'm having a blast though :XD: :XD: :XD: :!:

Blog Entries
    Cre, sounds like you have your hands pretty full! I'll keep your DD in my thoughts and send good vibes your way for her and the show!

Hurry up Mouse...I wanna see this block!! Is it tomorrow yet??

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Me, too!!!! Come on Mousie!!!! Show us your block!!! We showed you ours!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: It's tomorrow SOMEWHERE in the world!!! :D :D

Quote Originally Posted by pab58
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Me, too!!!! Come on Mousie!!!! Show us your block!!! We showed you ours!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: It's tomorrow SOMEWHERE in the world!!! :D :D
    yes, but not here...it's dark!!!
    I have a tad of embroidery to do, and a few more stitches left to put in.
    I gotta practice on those circles! man! they are not the easiest thing to do, are they?
    (haven't done a swirly, yet! :shock: )

Cre...will pray for your DD.
    Hope your show is a big success. hugs

It's already tomorrow afternoon here Mousie.

Cre8 - sending good thoughts for DD and quilt show.

It's already tomorrow afternoon here Mousie.

Cre8 - sending good thoughts for DD and quilt show.
    oh yeah...I forget...your on the bottom, lol! :lol:

[quote=Mousie
    oh yeah...I forget...your on the bottom, lol! :lol:[/quote]

The bottom!! ................. I thought this end was the top. You must have your map upsidedown. :D

Here's a link to pic of new baby
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-137713-1.htm#3701231

congratulations on a real cutie, dee!
    Is her hair red or blonde?
    she looks long in the blanket...(tall), lol.
    very pretty name.
    ...you know...it wouldn't be unheard of for me to have my map upside down ;-)
    good thing we have a magnetic field in this ball we're walking around on. Keeps us from falling off.

I'm claiming indirect responsibility for her cute looks but I have nothing to do with the red hair. That comes from DIL whose a strawberry blonde.

She was 7lb 15 ozs, can't remember how long (does that make me a bad nanna?).

I'm claiming indirect responsibility for her cute looks but I have nothing to do with the red hair. That comes from DIL whose a strawberry blonde.

She was 7lb 15 ozs, can't remember how long (does that make me a bad nanna?).
    nope! I couldn't remember lengths either. You got all the important stuff right, and she looks like an 8 pounder.
    Got those cute, squishy cheeks you want to ge-ently squeeze,...and then she smiles...lol. ;)

Gosh, you have to love it, don't you.

And to think, the next one is due in October.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like the 1st one (who is adorable) will be totally spoiled rotten by then!

Blog Entries
    Aw, lovely baby pic - how adorable.

Spoiled rotten already. I can't walk past a cute toy and am sewing burp cloths between trying to get some work done on my AOTH blocks.

Who knew that these days with everyone using disposable diapers no-one has a handy cloth to throw over their shoulder for burping.

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, we are beginning Week #6 with our first block with those scrolls. There are only 4, so you can ease into making them. I did a tute showing how I am handling them. Here is a link to it:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-135357-1.htm

This week we will make Block #17. I have already posted a pic of mine & here is the link to it. There are some really pretty ones already posted, so if you are having trouble deciding on fabrics, maybe one of these will stir up your imagination.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-108527-10.htm

Have a productive week. Don't let these scrolls intimidate you. They can be mastered! I was looking at all the blocks today & there aren't really all than many blocks with scolls, so take heart.

Happy Stitching!

Quote Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
    haven't spoken up in a while :( I'm in the midst.... to top of my head!! in being a quilt show chairperson for our guild... the show is in September - and taking care of daughter's health, We are trying to get her into a bechets study at NIH and getting everything together is going to take a while and there is a remote possibility that the medical investigative studies and the show could be close timing wise :shock: :cry: :x ... which would not be good... for her [DD] yes - because it could also take over a year and she is in excruciating pain. :( :|

Have you ever been to the NIH? I had to take my late husband there. What a wonderful place you could not ask for a kinder, caring bunch of nurse's doctors an so on there was not one down hearted person there. An if you have to be sick that is the place to go it is huge and they study the rarest of rare it takes a bit to git in but worth the wait. You hang in there and give your daughter a big hug an tell her it will be here before she knows it. When your in pain time travels so slow you just have to look at the days behind you an count them and find something good in each day as it comes. You will make it. My prayers are with you and your family.
    pattyjo

Page 112 of 170 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 111 112 113 122 162 ... LastLast