Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 102 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 101 102 103 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 4243

Thread: Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

  1. #2526
    Power Poster Mousie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,211
    Quote Originally Posted by candi
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
    I cut out 6 backgrounds on Sunday and traced the patterns on using my light box. I have been working on block #8 this week and I hope to finish it tomorrow. I am finally getting the hang of needle turn applique but my fingers on my left hand are a mess. We finally had some much needed rain the past 2 days; it was beginning to look like a dessert around here and the lakes are so low you can't launch a boat from the ramps. Come on Rain :) :) :)
    I second that! Come on rain and go away lightening! We too finally got much needed rain a couple of days ago..accompanied with severe thunderstorms and lightening that the fires spread even more. We walk out to lots of smoke here.

    Looking forward to your 8, Losie.
    oh...that's where the smoke is coming from eh?
    we got some nice rain yesterday, but we also got lots of lightening :shock:
    Ever since I watched that twister 30 feet from the bed/window in April, for the first time in my life...I am flinching at storms now.
    Too close for comfort. Right between us and the house next door.
    Right down the center!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

  2. #2527
    Power Poster Lacelady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12,323
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousie
    Quote Originally Posted by candi
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
    I cut out 6 backgrounds on Sunday and traced the patterns on using my light box. I have been working on block #8 this week and I hope to finish it tomorrow. I am finally getting the hang of needle turn applique but my fingers on my left hand are a mess. We finally had some much needed rain the past 2 days; it was beginning to look like a dessert around here and the lakes are so low you can't launch a boat from the ramps. Come on Rain :) :) :)
    I second that! Come on rain and go away lightening! We too finally got much needed rain a couple of days ago..accompanied with severe thunderstorms and lightening that the fires spread even more. We walk out to lots of smoke here.

    Looking forward to your 8, Losie.
    oh...that's where the smoke is coming from eh?
    we got some nice rain yesterday, but we also got lots of lightening :shock:
    Ever since I watched that twister 30 feet from the bed/window in April, for the first time in my life...I am flinching at storms now.
    Too close for comfort. Right between us and the house next door.
    Right down the center!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Mousie, that was too close for comfort!

  3. #2528
    Super Member lizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,217
    The quilt is beautiful. If my attempt at a wall hanging comes out 10 % as pretty, I will be so happy. :thumbup:

  4. #2529
    Super Member lizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,217
    I hope to be able to post my first block finished soon. I have learned many lessons about machine embroidery to how many strands of emboidry floss to use (2 not 3!) and how to sew slower :oops: However, I will post it as a real beginner. I was able to order some #8 pearle cotton and that seems to work better along with a different brand of needles.

  5. #2530
    Super Member lizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Deecee
    Lizzy - in case you haven't found that website yet -

    http://www.fingergloves.com/
    Tried new needle and it seems to be better. I did find the website but am latex sensitive. Thanks for the information. :-D

  6. #2531
    Super Member candi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NE The Sunshine State
    Posts
    4,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousie
    Quote Originally Posted by candi
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
    I cut out 6 backgrounds on Sunday and traced the patterns on using my light box. I have been working on block #8 this week and I hope to finish it tomorrow. I am finally getting the hang of needle turn applique but my fingers on my left hand are a mess. We finally had some much needed rain the past 2 days; it was beginning to look like a dessert around here and the lakes are so low you can't launch a boat from the ramps. Come on Rain :) :) :)
    I second that! Come on rain and go away lightening! We too finally got much needed rain a couple of days ago..accompanied with severe thunderstorms and lightening that the fires spread even more. We walk out to lots of smoke here.

    Looking forward to your 8, Losie.
    oh...that's where the smoke is coming from eh?
    we got some nice rain yesterday, but we also got lots of lightening :shock:
    Ever since I watched that twister 30 feet from the bed/window in April, for the first time in my life...I am flinching at storms now.
    Too close for comfort. Right between us and the house next door.
    Right down the center!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Aw Mousie, that is scary.
    Yup, fires in St. Johns county and Georgia too...it is better with the smoke today, but I guess the way the wind was we were getting a LOT of smoke the beginning of the week.

  7. #2532
    Power Poster Mousie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,211
    glad it's better for you...since there really isn't any smoke here ;-) ...maybe if I stand on my porch and look real hard, I'll see you...wave your blocks, ok? :lol:

  8. #2533
    Super Member candi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NE The Sunshine State
    Posts
    4,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousie
    glad it's better for you...since there really isn't any smoke here ;-) ...maybe if I stand on my porch and look real hard, I'll see you...wave your blocks, ok? :lol:
    Waving my blocks...the sun should reflect the metallic in the bobbin work, can you see me? Jumping up and down and racing side to side...looking for those gold earrings on the little ears...can't see you, but you should see me as I am 5 9" here :mrgreen:

  9. #2534
    Power Poster Mousie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,211
    Quote Originally Posted by candi
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousie
    glad it's better for you...since there really isn't any smoke here ;-) ...maybe if I stand on my porch and look real hard, I'll see you...wave your blocks, ok? :lol:
    Waving my blocks...the sun should reflect the metallic in the bobbin work, can you see me? Jumping up and down and racing side to side...looking for those gold earrings on the little ears...can't see you, but you should see me as I am 5 9" here :mrgreen:
    I do, I do see you! wow, 5'9...you look so little from here, lol :lol:
    I do have gold earrings, but not the kind the 'cousins' wear! :wink:

  10. #2535
    Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,811
    Blog Entries
    2
    Good Morning, everyone! I didn't get this posted last night as I went to bed too early to post. Sowwy!

    Happy Father's Day to all our Dads out there.

    Can you believe that we are beginning Week 3 of our project? At the rate we are going, we should all be finished is just a couple of months. Only kidding.

    This week we are going to tackle the dreaded reverse applique Block #10. Since I am using freezer paper, I stitched a piece of light lavender batik down first, trimmed out the back then added another piece of black & trimmed. Same results, different technique. I think I like this one. Other than the little frame, there's not too mycu here, but it looks so neat & tidy. Big pieces give room for some creative uses of our fabric.

    Post your pictures of Block 10 on the Block #10 thread. My new version is up there.

    Happy stitching.

    P.S. If you find you are having any trouble, as always there are laies here who are willing to get you our of your predicament.

  11. #2536
    Power Poster Mousie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,211
    kathy, I love you for coming up with that idea!!! mwah!!!
    a teen-incey mousie kiss on top of your head...why, yes, I am on a stool ;-)

  12. #2537
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Co Leitrim. Ireland
    Posts
    142
    Just to let all Lesley's friends on the board know that she is in hospital, They could not do her surgery today-some emergency, so she is being kept in until Friday and hopefully it will be done then, so with a bit of luck she will be home by the week end. I will leave Lesley to explain the details to you then.
    Florence.

  13. #2538
    Super Member candi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NE The Sunshine State
    Posts
    4,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Flossy
    Just to let all Lesley's friends on the board know that she is in hospital, They could not do her surgery today-some emergency, so she is being kept in until Friday and hopefully it will be done then, so with a bit of luck she will be home by the week end. I will leave Lesley to explain the details to you then.
    Florence.
    Sending her healing thoughts and good wishes for speedy recovery.

  14. #2539
    Senior Member Fabric Galore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3
    I will certainly miss Lesley and I will have in her my prayers. Thanks for letting us know she is in hospital.

  15. #2540
    Super Member Deecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    3,662
    Wishing Lesley all the best and prayers for a good outcome.

  16. #2541
    Power Poster sandpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,757
    Blog Entries
    9
    Oops...lost the notices for this thread for a while.

    I got in my thread today so I can get started again on my center section...yea!!!!!

    My thoughts are with Lesley for sure...as I know all of yours are too! We'll be seeing her this weekend I hope...(that is "the cyber version of "seeing""! :)

  17. #2542
    Super Member d.rickman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    BC,Canada
    Posts
    1,159
    OMG, I certainly hope she will be ok, and hopefully doing well. We will be thinking of her and wish her a speedy recovery.

  18. #2543
    Junior Member ProLongarmARTQUILTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    out in the heat
    Posts
    162
    Been trying to catch up by reading this ,But life gets in the way of the quilting, I am finishing up DJ like the triangles quilting, I've done 4 AOTH ,14" Blocks, Thought I'd go bigger, Now that the BG has been born I am a Bit busy, Should've known, But ahh Love at first sight indeed!!! Guess I'm not to far behind on AOTH but I do wonder which blocks are we suppose to be doing and when is there a schedule??? Or Not ??? Oh well I guess just keep on keeping on Quilting,Or Try.

  19. #2544
    Power Poster Mousie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,211
    Quote Originally Posted by ProLongarmARTQUILTER
    Been trying to catch up by reading this ,But life gets in the way of the quilting, I am finishing up DJ like the triangles quilting, I've done 4 AOTH ,14" Blocks, Thought I'd go bigger, Now that the BG has been born I am a Bit busy, Should've known, But ahh Love at first sight indeed!!! Guess I'm not to far behind on AOTH but I do wonder which blocks are we suppose to be doing and when is there a schedule??? Or Not ??? Oh well I guess just keep on keeping on Quilting,Or Try.
    hi! if you've got four blocks done, your doing well.
    You can go to QuiltswithConvicts, (kathy),...and click on info in her signature or 'tag' line.
    Week 1 started June 5th and #9 was due that week.
    Week 2 - #8
    Week 3 - #11...I'm still working on all 3...having some health issues here, not quilting and haven't been able to hold my whiskers up, never mind be creative.

    Lace! gf we are all praying and thinking of you fondly.

  20. #2545
    Super Member luvmortherest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    1,569
    my thoughts and prayers and love got to LEsley as well

  21. #2546
    Super Member Deecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    3,662
    I have just started on #9 so am probably last in line - but that's O.K.

    Mousie - You can stay a couple of blocks ahead of me to pave the way.

  22. #2547
    Power Poster sandpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,757
    Blog Entries
    9
    Pro...congrats on the GB!! If you go back to pg. 1 of this thread, you will find the schedule that Kathy put together. As a group, we are spread all over the place in where we all are..but the key is to just jump in and get started. You can post any of your blocks on that particular block thread...then sit back and take your well deserved ooohhhss and aaawwwwwws...:)

    congrats on your Jane progress! have you posted a pic of it lately?

  23. #2548
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    176
    Just got word this week that my brother 2 yr. older than me has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and got phneumonia MS word yesterday he has been in hospital for a week now. He's cancer is rare but started in kidney moved to liver and lungs. They are just trying to get him home ASAP. He is a big man more than we can handle.They say he could go anytime not expected to last more than a week or two.
    He just retired and his wife retired from teaching this wear. Then they got this news my heart is braking but most of all for his wife and older boys. I'm takeing mom to see him today they are going to lower drugs so he is able to talk today.So verry verry sad. I would love your prayers. Thank's

  24. #2549
    Power Poster Mousie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Deecee
    I have just started on #9 so am probably last in line - but that's O.K.

    Mousie - You can stay a couple of blocks ahead of me to pave the way.
    never fear, deecee...you'll catch up to me. I have to go see doc today for this blasted sick headache. No can quilt or anything like this.
    I'll get fixed up at be back at it and in the happy zone again tomorrow. She'll fix the mouse right up...pleeease
    You'll have so much fun once you start playing with arranging your pieces dee!
    Then the fever will hit and you won't be able to wait to get to the next one. Love having the company back here.
    Have you decided on any colors etc? give us something to salivate over :)
    I'm doing a little bit scrappy, but trying to get it somewhat organized. I want my colors to go in a certain hue-range, if that makes sense.
    Got some real yummies to work with. Just gotta get the mojo back on track. You can't keep a good mousie down though, so no worries :XD:

  25. #2550
    Power Poster sandpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,757
    Blog Entries
    9
    Oh Patty...thats so very sad...I'm sorry for you, and all of your family. Savor the minutes you have and I'll add your family to my list.

    Hope the Dr. fixes you up Miss Mousie!

Page 102 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 101 102 103 112 152 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.