Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 52 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2 42 51 52 53 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 4243

Thread: Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

I think that is beautiful and I love the thread you used. Can you tell me which thread it is please

Elle

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone for the compliments.

Elle, That is the Pearl Crown Rayon that I got a while back and did to practice one of the AOTH blocks on my dark blue background. It is wonderful to work with and I thought on this particular block worked well. It sort of faded into the flower fabrics on my other block and I decided that even though I will probably use the Pearl Crown Rayon I don't think for my AOTH blocks I will use the variegated but rather will probably buy gold. I think they have a pretty gold color. They have another lighter variegated if you're interested in it but this one was their Bright Pastel.

Quote Originally Posted by JudyG
    Thanks everyone for the compliments.

Elle, That is the Pearl Crown Rayon that I got a while back and did to practice one of the AOTH blocks on my dark blue background. It is wonderful to work with and I thought on this particular block worked well. It sort of faded into the flower fabrics on my other block and I decided that even though I will probably use the Pearl Crown Rayon I don't think for my AOTH blocks I will use the variegated but rather will probably buy gold. I think they have a pretty gold color. They have another lighter variegated if you're interested in it but this one was their Bright Pastel.
    Thanks Judy, it really is beautiful I love the affect

beautiful block Judy

welcome back Elle

Thanks Debra, just posted pics of my trip to the Barcelona & Sitges quilt show its on main, sorry don´t have a link but search for Trip to Barcelona & Sitges quilt Show-

Elle

found the pictures on "pictures"

they were wonderful

Lovely block Judy - I assume you have used the small zig zag stitch? I need to go back and look at Kathy's tute again.

Someone was recently asking about upsizing the blocks. I thought she might like to see Block #34 that I upsized to 12" and made for a block in the Row Robin I am doing. I have to say it was nice to work with the bigger blocks. This was the one I did to try Kathy's machine embroidery tutorial and I really liked it.
    Beautiful, Judy. I love it. Did you hand embroider or by machine?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deecee
    Lovely block Judy - I assume you have used the small zig zag stitch? I need to go back and look at Kathy's tute again.
    I did use a small zig zag, just like Kathy said to. Loved it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by candi
    Someone was recently asking about upsizing the blocks. I thought she might like to see Block #34 that I upsized to 12" and made for a block in the Row Robin I am doing. I have to say it was nice to work with the bigger blocks. This was the one I did to try Kathy's machine embroidery tutorial and I really liked it.
    I did the embroidery by hand. This is a very thick thread. In fact it sort of stands up on top of the fabric. When you look at it from the side, it almost looks like it was crocheted. I really like the thread.

Thanks Judy. It is beautiful, I am going to try this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by candi
    I did the embroidery by hand. This is a very thick thread. In fact it sort of stands up on top of the fabric. When you look at it from the side, it almost looks like it was crocheted. I really like the thread.

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Judy, that blocks is beautiful! I really like the light background and the verigated thread used for the embroidery.

So, you liked the machine applique? I love it. I have finished appliquing 12 of the blocks & 8 are ready to be assembled. They are all quilted & ready for their little sashings to join them. Will work on that as I feel like it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Judy, that blocks is beautiful! I really like the light background and the verigated thread used for the embroidery.

So, you liked the machine applique? I love it. I have finished appliquing 12 of the blocks & 8 are ready to be assembled. They are all quilted & ready for their little sashings to join them. Will work on that as I feel like it.
    Thank you, Kathy. Yes, I did like the machine embroidery. But I am bound and determined that I am going to do the AOTH by hand.

What type of quilting did you do on your blocks?

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just stitched around all thepieces and where the embroidery will go. Then I load a bobbin full of Razzle Dazzle , flip it over & sew on the quilted lines to lay down the embroidery/

Blog Entries
    It's awfully quiet round here - can it be just because Patti is minus a modem at the moment? Where is everyone else?

been busy with my daughter and grandson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmortherest
    been busy with my daughter and grandson
    Aah, lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    It's awfully quiet round here - can it be just because Patti is minus a modem at the moment? Where is everyone else?
    Present! Still procrastinating about colors and fabric here. In a way though, I am glad I don't have the fabric for the ATOH yet, as I am able to finsih all the things I wanted to finish without being distracted with teh new project ,lol, you know, no self control here :oops: :mrgreen:

Judy: Your block is gorgeous!!

Carsey

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carsey
    Judy: Your block is gorgeous!!

Carsey
    Thank you, Carsey. It almost makes me wish I had decided on a light background. But I picked dark blue for AOTH and dark blue it will be.

The light is really pretty, but I love the thought of the blue background. I'm kind of liking the denim background.

Just saw a photo of ATOH quilt in a member's post of some quilt show photos. Check it out, it is stunning! Set on point and an awesome border too. It is towards the end of the photos.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-109354-1.htm

I was thinking about possibly setting my blocks on point, and I love her sashing.

Wow - love the sashing and the on-point look.

I think Patti has mentioned doing on-point, not sure if someone else has mentioned it also.

I like the coloured sashing and her different border idea is lovely.

Its all food for thought.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deecee
    Wow - love the sashing and the on-point look.

I think Patti has mentioned doing on-point, not sure if someone else has mentioned it also.

I like the coloured sashing and her different border idea is lovely.

Its all food for thought.
    Thanks for posting the link - It was so different, I nearly went past it - as you said, it is really food for thought.

I love the look of it on-point. The sashing was sure pretty, too.

Page 52 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2 42 51 52 53 62 102 152 ... LastLast