Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 152 of 170 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 151 152 153 162 ... LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 4243

Thread: Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Just going to get a glass now Kathy, CHEERS

See you work to a schedule as well. Mine for the DJ is working so far, if I keep going like this it will definately get finished Hip Hip Hooray you will hear it across the pond.

wow Candi....your work is awsome hun.....I can only dream about something like this...I got the book been studying all the beautiful blocks...and hopefully after xmas I will be able to try my hand at this....I need to ask will this subject still be in force after the holidays or will you plan to start a new one?
    Thx Trish

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Ladies, From what I gather about the changes coming, our Blog won't be as bad as we thought it might be!!!!! YEA!!!! Hip Hip HOORAY!

Dreamer, Thanks for scoping out the 411 for us. I think we were all really worried a lot. It isn't even wine o'clock, & I am drinking a little glass! I just can't envision a day without all my sisters! I get up at 4:45 am just so I can log on & get my fix before I head out to the prison!

Just added the pic. No fancy crystal for me. With the carpal tunnel, I'm a plastic girl all the way!

Yes, that's the AOTH schedule behind the monitor!
    did i miss something somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Deecee
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousie
    Quote Originally Posted by Deecee
    Beautiful colours and from where I'm standing (which is somewhere near Mousie) you are not behind at all.
    tee hee hee...want some cheese? I'm always carrying :XD:
    Mousie, we can have a party at the rear of AOTH and stuff ourselves with cheese and goodies before anyone else even realises what is going on. :thumbup:
    :XD: sounds like a plan!1,2,3 go---> :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Trish88
    wow Candi....your work is awsome hun.....I can only dream about something like this...I got the book been studying all the beautiful blocks...and hopefully after xmas I will be able to try my hand at this....I need to ask will this subject still be in force after the holidays or will you plan to start a new one?
    Thx Trish
    Thanks Trish for the kind words.

We will be working on this well past the holidays. :P

Kathy, your block is perfection. I'd say this was my least favorite block to work on..so glad it is behind me.

Rox, sounds like a busy gal. Do show us your creations.

Lesley, I think these Shiva Sticks are kind of pricey, I keep searching for the best deal. I saw Fabric.com has some for decent prices, but not the pack I really want.

So....6" inches of snow north of Boston here :thumbdown: good thing we are in a countdown now to go back home.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Ladies, for those of you contemplating the possibility of doing Little Brown Bird after this quilt (gluttons for punishment) you may not have noticed this thread:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-164423-1.htm

Do take a look at the link that shows great close ups - not of the original, but beautifully done.
    Lesley, thanks for the web site. I checked it out and the LBB quilt is beautiful. I have the software for LBB but I don't think I will be doing it next. There is a DJ #2 quilt party starting in Jan. and I want to join that as I have the book, software, rulers, and my main fabric. I think I will have my plate full with AOTH and DJ. Maybe I can do LBB in 2013. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by candi
    We will be working on this well past the holidays. :P
    For me I'm thinking Christmas 2012. :shock:

Absolutely beautiful LBB pics. Would love to do this but totally realise my time limitations and the need to finish what I have already started.

I will certainly be following everyone else's progress though.

Blog Entries
    Well hello everyone. I know it has been a long time since I was here so I have alot to tell you. I have recently moved to a new place and yes I have a sewing room. Not set up yet but I do have my blocks where I can work on them when I am not unpacking. I will be getting behind if I don't get going. All your blocks look great have fun and talk to you all soon

i think we are missing some stuff, i know that we went past 9/18
    everyone is beautiful they just don't know it yet

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ibadmin View Post
    Test reply to unstick thread pages.
    What does this mean?

I am having so much trouble finding ANYTHING on this new QB! I can't even find a thread/topic that helps us figure out what is what. I am not computer illiterate, so I am very frustrated at this point. I think you all did this just so we would leave & go someplace else. The old QB was warm & friendly. This isn't even remotely friendly! Still can't find the nearly 2 months of the posts for my thread "Affairs of the Heart Cyber Sew."
    Kathy

Kathy, I agree, too many clicks to get anywhere, but I am hoping they are still working in it and it will be OK.
    As of last night, we were missing some pages, but it seems like more were added today..I think we are up to date on this one, but I am still trying to find the other threads for AOTH. Do we not have a topic area anymore?
    Candi
    "Kindness is the oil that smooths the frictions in life"
    My etsy Store:
    www.itssewyoudear.etsy.com

Ok, one thing I learned and passing on in case you hadn't seen it yet. At the bottom of the post, there is "view tag cloud." if you click on it, it takes you to topic list and you will find the AOTH tag and all the threads in that folder. One thing is that they seem to be out of order in the sense that the thread with the most recent reply is all the way on the bottom of the second page. I like most recent on top myself, lol, but it seems like they are sorted by first post date maybe.
    Candi
    My etsy Store:

Angry

so now there is a page #380 but it won't let me go to 380. keeps taking me back to 379
    everyone is beautiful they just don't know it yet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by candi View Post
    Ok, one thing I learned and passing on in case you hadn't seen it yet. At the bottom of the post, there is "view tag cloud." if you click on it, it takes you to topic list and you will find the AOTH tag and all the threads in that folder. One thing is that they seem to be out of order in the sense that the thread with the most recent reply is all the way on the bottom of the second page. I like most recent on top myself, lol, but it seems like they are sorted by first post date maybe.
    Finally found this thread - after spending hours on this 'new' board, I feel as if I have been wasting my time. I have looked at Help (when I had the chance, but it wasn't always there) and it generally spoke about all the new things available, but not HOW to use them. At last one of my questions has been answered - now I know what a tag cloud is though even that isn't helpful for this thread, because its telling me that there isn't one for here, so thank you for that. Now what about Pin backs and ref backs? One of which is on, and the other is off?

I have had a lovely time here with all of you ladies, but I am sadly disillusioned, disheartened, and I have been reduced to tears, so I might not be here much longer. I hope you all go on to complete your beautiful quilts and get as much satisfaction out of them as I have. If anyone wants to keep in touch with me, they can leave a PM, and I will send them my email addy. (I deleted all (over 3000) PMs because I couldn't find out how to delete a few until too late, when someone emailed me with an explanation.
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...7247D7C28F.png
    http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/em...ticon-0061.gif

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman does what he can't.
    http://www.quiltsinireland.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady View Post
    Finally found this thread - after spending hours on this 'new' board, I feel as if I have been wasting my time. I have looked at Help (when I had the chance, but it wasn't always there) and it generally spoke about all the new things available, but not HOW to use them. At last one of my questions has been answered - now I know what a tag cloud is though even that isn't helpful for this thread, because its telling me that there isn't one for here, so thank you for that. Now what about Pin backs and ref backs? One of which is on, and the other is off?

I have had a lovely time here with all of you ladies, but I am sadly disillusioned, disheartened, and I have been reduced to tears, so I might not be here much longer. I hope you all go on to complete your beautiful quilts and get as much satisfaction out of them as I have. If anyone wants to keep in touch with me, they can leave a PM, and I will send them my email addy. (I deleted all (over 3000) PMs because I couldn't find out how to delete a few until too late, when someone emailed me with an explanation.
    I sent an PM to you.
    I'm not happy.
    The translator does not work as before, which precludes me communicate.
    I hope everything is solved!
    Hugs to all!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady View Post

I'm so sad about this! I have tried and tried to send you a PM, but I keep getting a message that tells me I have reached my PM capacity so it won't send my PM to you. I would love to have your email address, and I was trying to send mine to you. I am getting so frustrated!! If anyone can help me, PLEASE do!!! I have deleted quite a few PMs, but it STILL won't send a PM to Lacelady! I sent one earlier to another member with no problems at all, but I can't seem to get another one to go through!

Pat, an issue with the move to the new board was for some unknown (to me) reason all of our PMs including the deleted ones transferred over! I had well over 1600 PMs in my inbox here!!! I just emptied my folders as there were no info that I still needed in any of the PMs I currently have. I have sent a PM to Lesley earlier with success. Is it telling you that you reached your maximum capacity or Lesley did? We can't have any more than 500 PMs in there, so check your inbox or sent folder and see what you have. Hope this helps.

I know change is frustrating, esepcially that many of us have been on this board for years, but lets give the new format a chance. Do you remember that first time you drive a new car? Can't find the wiper thing, can't find this or that, after a few times, you'll get used to where things are and give it time and you'll forget all about the old format.
    I am looking forward to seeing all of your blocks and quilts, so I will be watching.
    Now if I can just figure out how to get the threads to be in order when I access the AOTH tag, I'd be a happy camper.

Pat, or anyone, if I can help you with anything, let me know, I've been playing around and found some cool things here. My PM folder is empty so PM me or post here, I check this thread.
    Candi
    My etsy Store:

Pab, I tried to PM you but was unable to get through. All my old deleted PM's were brought over also and if you are over the limit, they need to be deleted before you can use this PM facility.

I am in contact with Lesley and do think she will be keeping an eye on this thread and her PDA while things settle down. I am sure she will pop in here at some stage.

Please PM me when you are able.

Blog Entries
    Finally, I found this thread. Ladies...I have been a long long long time member here and have loved the QB since the beginning. I've been very active on the board and hosted several activities...but at this point, I am so upset, frustrated and disappointed with the changes...ALL the changes, that I just don't think I will subject myself to dealing with it on a daily basis anymore. I will try to check in and if I can help any of you with anything, feel free to PM me (I also emptied everything in my box, so should be able to get a message, but who knows.) So...sadly....maybe I'll see ya' around somewhere.

Pab, I tried to send you a PM, but you will have to delete messages before you can receive any. It says you are over the 500 limit.
    Last edited by sandpat; 11-03-2011 at 06:27 AM.
    May I always be the person my pets think I am..

Patti, please don't give up yet. Launching a new forum is a very hard and lengthy experience, and no matter how prepared developers are, there's bound to be some glitches, I think as days go on, you will find it easier and easier to navigate and find your way around. You ladies have been very encouraging, and an inspiration, and I really would hate to see you go. I haven't found everything I like to yet, but if I can be of any help, please let me know.
    Hugs to all.
    Candi
    My etsy Store:

Flossy

Quote Originally Posted by candi View Post
    Patti, please don't give up yet. Launching a new forum is a very hard and lengthy experience, and no matter how prepared developers are, there's bound to be some glitches, I think as days go on, you will find it easier and easier to navigate and find your way around. You ladies have been very encouraging, and an inspiration, and I really would hate to see you go. I haven't found everything I like to yet, but if I can be of any help, please let me know.
    Hugs to all.
    Candi, unfortunatly I dont have the time to sit for days trying to navivate my way around this new Board, when the old one was so easy, I so enjoyed poping in and out and having fun. Life is too short for this frustration. Change is a good thing only when it is an improvement on the old.....Not this time.
    N/A

I just posted this in Lesley's PDA, but see that she is gone.

Did I happen to mention that I can't find the first three AOTH blocks I made????!!!!!! Let me preface this by saying that I am NOT a whiz when it comes to getting them done quickly, like so many of you can, so that was a lot of time invested. I remember putting them in a flat box to keep them "safe" for when I was excavating the sewing room and reorganizing. I, for the life of me, cannot find that blasted box. My stomach feels sick and I'm rapidly losing feathers.

I did manage to finish a block while sitting with MIL in the hospital and rehab center. I'll post pictures later.

I know that a lot of people are leaving, but I will continue to pop in here to see what's shakin'. I am also on another board, but I still love to talk to friends and see new pictures.
    Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you're just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...0584A9A506.png

Blog Entries
    I hate all of these changes. I am not going to give up now because I enjoy all of the friends I have made on the Board and I need the encouragement and inspiration that I get from all of you. Without you I would never have attempted to make AOTH. I have amazed myself that I can actually do needle-turn applique and it comes out close to the pictures in the book. My daughters are in awe -- of course, none of them quilt so that is pretty easy to do. Don't give up; at least I have located this forum.

Page 152 of 170 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 151 152 153 162 ... LastLast