Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 151 of 170 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 150 151 152 161 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 4243

Thread: Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Blog Entries
    Great job, Candi. Your painted blocks are beautiful. You are a very talented lady. I'm doing good to applique.

Quote Originally Posted by Deecee
    Beautiful colours and from where I'm standing (which is somewhere near Mousie) you are not behind at all.
    tee hee hee...want some cheese? I'm always carrying :XD:

Thanks ladies for all the kind comments.

Elle, I used Shiva paintsticks..it is a lot if fun.

And Lesley, yes, as I was painting one, I was wondering how the AOTH would look painted....but I love to applique too. :P

Quote Originally Posted by candi
    Thanks ladies for all the kind comments.

Elle, I used Shiva paintsticks..it is a lot if fun.

And Lesley, yes, as I was painting one, I was wondering how the AOTH would look painted....but I love to applique too. :P
    I looked at the site...oh, be still my "so easily tempted side"...I used to be such a frugal mousling. then...sigh...i came to QB :XD:
    that's my story and I'm sticking to it like cream cheese on crackers! :lol:

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Candi, ALL your blocks are wonderful! Did you use freezer paper as a mask for the paintsticks? It's so nifty!

Quote Originally Posted by Mousie
    Beautiful colours and from where I'm standing (which is somewhere near Mousie) you are not behind at all.
    tee hee hee...want some cheese? I'm always carrying :XD:
    Mousie, we can have a party at the rear of AOTH and stuff ourselves with cheese and goodies before anyone else even realises what is going on. :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Candi, ALL your blocks are wonderful! Did you use freezer paper as a mask for the paintsticks? It's so nifty!
    Yes, I started with some Hawaiian Applique pattern, modified it a little to my taste, traced it on a freezer paper, and cut a stencil out. Lots of fun, I was able to use the stencil for all four blocks....I see LOTS of possibilties. :P

And Candi, I love the fact that they come in gold, silver and bronze metallic. Nothing like a little bling.

And Candi, I love the fact that they come in gold, silver and bronze metallic. Nothing like a little bling.
    And not only metallic colors, but their Shiva Iridescent colors are all shiny, I think that is the box I am going to have Santa get for me :mrgreen: Yup, yup, love quilty bling. :XD:

Blog Entries
    Hi all!
    For some unknown reason, do not receive updates to this thread, so he "rowed" more than 10 pages to catch up!
    I apologize for how long it this and the next post.
    Thank you for QAYG data, I think it will be my way to get a quilt of this and other quilts!
    Khaty love your blocks! I loved # 13!
    And the block 10 minutes is great! I prepared a design staff with him, but not yet finished, but I loved it!
    crftyldy-Karen welcomed the group, hope to see your photos!
    Sandpat loved the photo of the AOTH machine quilter! She made a beautiful quilt customization!
    Khaty love your borders! Bahh ... I love ALL of your quilt! Lol! I had to say! Hahaha!
    I love the border more "robust" as well, because it goes with me! Maybe I should have to "copy! Hehehe!
    Congratulations on Block 1, crftyldy-Karen!
    Lacelady-Lesley, her quilting is gorgeous! I love the look! Congratulations!
    Fabric Galore-Lossie is fantastic! I love your paper towels! What a wonderful discovery! You are a lucky girl! I can not wait to see if you apply it!
    I loved his work Pattis74 central! And the sashing fabric is beautiful!

Blog Entries
    I'm still catching up ....
    Kathy Block 7 is gorgeous! Is much like the Block 11. It is the second I sewed and I did not like the colors ... I "stopped" this project!
    The red and black quilt is divine! I love it!
    pab58-Patty its center is beautiful! Congratulations!
    Cre8tvlwyr their Blocks 8 and 14 are beautiful! I like the colors are vibrant and full of energy! Congratulations!
    I loved the quilt of blue and white diamond! I did not know! Anyone know the name of who you are or how to get it?
    Candi ... I love your blocks chocolates! They are beautiful! It is one of my favorite colors ... and I also enjoy eating it! Hahaha! Seriously, congratulations to heart! I find beautiful blocks!
    And the painted blocks are beautiful! I love the enhancement of embroidery!
    And this way of making blocks gives many possibilities! You have much talent and imagination!
    A big hug to each one!

HI all, I am doing the happy dance right now-----I found my camera! It has been MIA for months and I found it right where I have looked at least 6 times!
    Whew, what a relief. I hated thinking that it had gotten thrown in the trash somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne
    HI all, I am doing the happy dance right now-----I found my camera! It has been MIA for months and I found it right where I have looked at least 6 times!
    Whew, what a relief. I hated thinking that it had gotten thrown in the trash somehow.
    Oh goody looking forward to some pics soon then when you geet time to take them of what you have done.

Glad you finally found that missing camera Rox.

Blog Entries
    Well done for finding the camera Rox - makes you wonder where it has been all this time, if you looked there that many times before. I have a great thing going here, I blame the Leprechauns for everything. I figured they weren't going to show me where the end of the rainbow was, so I might as well get my own back! LOL.

I have some of those paintsticks, ---- somewhere---- I haven't seen them since I moved here in 2000, so they are probably buried in my attic cupboards. I expect it would be easier to buy some more, I don't think they were that expensive.

I don't have anything new on AOTH to post as I haven't been very focused for a couple of weeks. I have a scrappy lap quilt put together hanging on my design board. The backing and batting are hanging too, waiting for the wrinkles to fall out before I baste it for quilting. I've started a New york beauty with 2 different types of circles and I can't decide where to go with it since I'm not using a pattern. And I've started making scrappy 6 1/2" blocks just to use up some scraps. To add to this mishmash, my husband brought me a painted piece of muslin and asked if I could "make" a quilt out of it. I must be nuts! (I told him I'd figure it out)

Don´´t you just love when someone says that to you. They obviously see something that you can´t and that has happened to me. I usually end up pondering for days what to do with it. Good luck

Blog Entries
    Happy Fall, Everyone! It's finally cooler here for us. Had some frost on the cars this morning, but it got all the way up to 66º this afternoon.

Tomorrow begins Week #22. Block #19 is the scheduled block. Some have been calling this the "dreaded #19! ;-) It really isn't too bad. You will get a workout on making those lovely scrolls as there are 12 of them here. This is called "practice, practice, practice!" It's how we get better at something. By the time this block is finished, you may just have mastered them.

Enjoy & Happy Sitiching!

Kathy

Block # 19
    Name:  Attachment-279131.jpe
Views: 56
Size:  68.7 KB

OMG your work is to perfection, love the colors - Beautiful Block!

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Donna!

beautiful

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Tomorrow begins Week #22. Block #19 is the scheduled block. Some have been calling this the "dreaded #19! ;-) It really isn't too bad. You will get a workout on making those lovely scrolls as there are 12 of them here. This is called "practice, practice, practice!" It's how we get better at something. By the time this block is finished, you may just have mastered them.

Enjoy & Happy Sitiching!

Kathy
    Thank God, I already have that block behind me but, believe it or not I don't dread the scrolls anymore. I guess I finally got the hang of them. Or else I've stopped seeking perfection!

Blog Entries
    Losie, I stopped asking for perfection when I realized the Lord was pointing out how imperfect we humans are. Now I just do it & am happy with the results whatever they are! However, this quest for perfection didn't have anything to do with my do-over on the AOTH blocks & made the first time. That was pure pride walking around & not liking anything about the way they looked. :x

Blog Entries
    Ladies, for those of you contemplating the possibility of doing Little Brown Bird after this quilt (gluttons for punishment) you may not have noticed this thread:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-164423-1.htm

Do take a look at the link that shows great close ups - not of the original, but beautifully done.

Blog Entries
    Ladies, From what I gather about the changes coming, our Blog won't be as bad as we thought it might be!!!!! YEA!!!! Hip Hip HOORAY!

Dreamer, Thanks for scoping out the 411 for us. I think we were all really worried a lot. It isn't even wine o'clock, & I am drinking a little glass! I just can't envision a day without all my sisters! I get up at 4:45 am just so I can log on & get my fix before I head out to the prison!

Just added the pic. No fancy crystal for me. With the carpal tunnel, I'm a plastic girl all the way!

Yes, that's the AOTH schedule behind the monitor!

It's Wine O'clock somewhere, isn't it?
    Name:  Attachment-279445.jpe
Views: 51
Size:  90.7 KB

Page 151 of 170 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 150 151 152 161 ... LastLast