Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 153 of 170 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 152 153 154 163 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 4243

Thread: Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Blog Entries
    I am not giving up yet. I like the friends I have made here too much. I used to belong to a couple of other forums and found the infighting and complaining more than I could handle. This has been the best board I've ever belonged to and I am going to work my way through this new setup. Things are becoming easier little by little. I found my personal pages (which was a big concern) and have been able to get emails again for the threads I want to watch, so I feel it's been a productive day. Who knows what I might learn tomorrow.
    JudyG

Blog Entries
    Ducky...be positive!!!! The box WILL turn up! Those blocks just saw your new snow and went into hibernation!
    May I always be the person my pets think I am..

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ducky, Where on earth could your blocks have gone? What a shame.

I'm still here. I am not giving up on our Cyber-Sew. We all have too much invested in it to drop it now. I'll try to check in daily. I really don't like the new QB little bit! I'm not as click-happy as these younger ones are.

I am working on the applique for the third of my biggie borders. Still have the applique to do, so not near the finish line, yet. Lesley is ready to quilt the 3 border of hers, so soon she will be binding it! Can't wait to see pics!
    Kathy

Oh Ducky, surely that box has to turn up, where could it be? Hope you find it soon.

And yes y'all, I am not as disheartened by the change as many of you are, the site is still free and I can still connect with many cyber friends, life is good although still a bit tough to find my way, but day after day, it'll get easier. I tend to make lemonade though, lol. My father says it's a problem if you make it one. So let's all try to be positive here. Ooh, did you all know that we can search within a thread? How cool is that
    Candi
    "Kindness is the oil that smooths the frictions in life"
    My etsy Store:
    www.itssewyoudear.etsy.com

Blog Entries
    I'm not deserting the Cyber sew either....I will be checking in here.....

I did get back to working on block 32 last night....oh, how I hate those scrolls!!! I think this is the last block that has them. Of course, I have to come up with 4 more designs. I'm thinking that I might do something else and use them for the 4 corners though....thats a different idea from what I have thought about all along.

Blog Entries
    Didn't you already design some of the blocks you need, Patti? I remember them being really nice.
    JudyG

Patti, I can relate to hating the scrolls, I still need to a make blocks 31 to 36, I think only one with scrolls is left.
    I like your idea of four different ones for the corner..but then you can also stick to hearts and leaves, lol.
    Candi
    My etsy Store:

Blog Entries
    Working at getting my biggie borders finished. I have 2 with the aplique completed & am working on the 3rd. Some of the embroidery is done on one, but the others still need it. This is just like eating an elephant! One bite at a time.
    Kathy

Can't wait to see your quilt, Kathy. And BTW, I love elephants..I have once ridden one, and she was HUGE!
    Candi
    My etsy Store:

Blog Entries
    Yes Judy...I did design 4 blocks for the center section, but since I made the center larger....I also have to add to the block border. So....will play with that in a bit.

Candi, I know for sure that there are LOTS of the lovely scrolls on block 32....have fun! LOL!

I have been MIA for a while now... I get back and everything is upsidedown and backwards!!! enough to make a Deranged girl go CERTIFIABLE!

anyways, I will try to get back on mailings and stick to the AOTH threads this is much to much fun to quit now
    I hope I can get back to some sewing sometime soon
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Patti, I looked at 32

Candace, looking forward to seeing your blocks.
    Candi
    My etsy Store:

Blog Entries

Week 23

Hi, Everyone! What a week this one has been! Tomorrow begins Week #23. We will work on Block #25. I've even got my pic ready to show you! This block ranks in my favorite blocks. It's easy to do & there is a lovely lacy effect created with the embroidery. Should be fun to do. I want to see pictures!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kathy

Unhappy

I have a question for anyone out there tonight. I have a quilt I started 11 years ago. Finished it last month and I'm scared to wash it. I prewashed all fabric before making the quilt but I have had other projects still bleed. I have seen you talking about Dye Catchers. My question is : How many would I need to put in, to wash a queen size quilt. The colors are fall colors (yellows, orange, green, brown) on a cream field. I will try to post a picture later.

Beautiful block Kathy, I love the colors!
    Karen

Blog Entries
    I think you only need one - unless there was a lot of red or a color that typically bleeds then you might want to use more
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

Blog Entries
    Karen, I would use at least 3. The Color Catchers do work, but my DH had an entire load of pink underwear to attest to the fact that they are NOT perfect. In fact...if it was my quilt...I might even wad up some of the colors that I think might be offenders and wet them in a bowl with a color catcher in it just to see what happens.

Candace...great to see you back!

Kathy, another gorgeous block as usual from you!!!

Oh, Kathy. That block is beautiful. I love it. ***Pssssssst. If I send you all my fabric and patterns, would you just finish mine up? Pllllleeeeeaaaaassssssse?***
    Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you're just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...0584A9A506.png

Blog Entries
    Kathy, that block is absolutely stunning.
    JudyG

Kathy, another beautiful block. Love the pink.
    What I make with my hands, I give with my heart.

Blog Entries
    Ducky, it is so good to hear from you. Where have you been hiding? I'm so glad to see that most of us have stayed with the quilting board, even though all of the changes are a big pain in the you know where.

Kathy, you block is gorgeous! I liked this one.
    Crftyldy, I'd throw a couple of color catchers in there and wash in cold water of course. Did it bleed when you prewashed it? I so miss working on my AOTH, oh well 19 more days and I'll be home
    Candi
    My etsy Store:

Quote Originally Posted by Fabric Galore View Post
    Ducky, it is so good to hear from you. Where have you been hiding? I'm so glad to see that most of us have stayed with the quilting board, even though all of the changes are a big pain in the you know where.
    Thank you, F. Galore. I am spending time at two places. There was no way I could leave this place. Too many good things and great people here.
    Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you're just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...0584A9A506.png

I'm still here too miss the smilies...miss the ease with which to do everything.... don't get ANY notifications except when I have a private message which is really unnerving when you are the one who started a new thread!! Glad our new DJ doesn't start til January -hope most glitches are out by then.

I finished my block [17 or 24....oops forgot - it was my 8th block but I've been going out of order since you are all ahead] I can't find the photo card for DD's camera so the picture will wait.

Just wanted to check in - and yes Kathy!!! WOW block is beautiful

Blog Entries
    Well Girls, I am finishing up # 6 today. Only 8 more to go ,then of course the border. I dont like this new forum. I am having so much trouble with it. Hope to learn it but dont know. Every ones blocks are so lovely.
    Landscape quilts and needle turn applique favs.Antlers,Ok

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr View Post
    I'm still here too miss the smilies...miss the ease with which to do everything.... don't get ANY notifications except when I have a private message which is really unnerving when you are the one who started a new thread!! Glad our new DJ doesn't start til January -hope most glitches are out by then.
    Click on Subscriptions; Click each subscription box that you want to receive notifications and then go down to the blue Marked Items. Click on that and then in the middle you can click on how you want to be notified and how often.
    Last edited by Fabric Galore; 11-07-2011 at 09:00 AM.

Page 153 of 170 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 152 153 154 163 ... LastLast