Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 143 of 170 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 142 143 144 153 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 4243

Thread: Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Blog Entries
    Sign me up for a 55 gallon drum of the stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemjo
    I have my fabric, and the book. Now I need time!
    Is this "time" something we can buy? Do they carry it at Walmart? Wouldn't it be great if we could buy a can or jar or crate of it?

I am going to do the 7 inch blocks. needleturn and I will embellish them.Will start tonight to gather my supplies and make my templates. will stitch starting tomorrow.I am so excited.Don't think I am crazy I am also working on my Dear Jane. This gives me more then one project to keep me busy

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by retirednana
    I am going to do the 7 inch blocks. needleturn and I will embellish them.Will start tonight to gather my supplies and make my templates. will stitch starting tomorrow.I am so excited.Don't think I am crazy I am also working on my Dear Jane. This gives me more then one project to keep me busy
    Nana - I am still hand quilting my baby Jane, Jane's Journey. It was around this time last year that I finished the top & began quilting her. I started hand piecing the blocks in 1997. I hope to have her finished before her 21st birthday!!!

When you find some jars of "time" to purchase Kathy you had better label one "designated time for Jane".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deecee
    When you find some jars of "time" to purchase Kathy you had better label one "designated time for Jane".
    Deecee, IF it ever gets cold, I like to snuggle underneath her while quilting her. Last winter didn't have many of those days & they're predicting more of the same this winter. Not that I'm comlaining, but I'm more used to nasty cold snowy winters than what we have here. It's hard to feel "Holiday" spirit when it's 75°. However, the longer it stays warm, the more time I have to work on AOTH. :-)

Blog Entries
    I am up for buying some of that "time" too. As you know I have the center done with first border,I lack #1 block to have the right side next row of blocks done. Hope to start on it today. Have to go get my flu shot today. Dont forget to do this guys, especially the ones of you that have respiratory problems as I do. Still cant get enough of this "thread" lol

Kathy it's great to snuggle under a quilt whilst quilting but not much of that will happen here at the moment.

Our "Holiday spirit" here comes complete with sunshine, heat and more heat, BBQ's and swimming.

Blog Entries
    I'm back home again and it feels so good. My DD's wedding was wonderful and if I do say so myself, she was a gorgeous bride. I was able to deliver the finished T-shirt quilt to my DGS and what a relief to have 1 less project looming over my head. Welcome retirednana. Glad to have you with us. :) :) :)

Losie, congrats on your DD's wedding.

Funny about the weather and " Holiday Spirit", when I first moved from MI to HI, it was odd to not have snow for Christmas...it took me to the last minute to put the tree up as it " didn't feel like Christmas. Then many years later, we spent one Christmas in Spokane, WA with lots of snow, I disliked it so much and missed my warm Christmas, lol.

Blog Entries
    Oh, yeah, I don't think I'll be trading the warm for the snow any time too soon. If we were to move back to Wisconsin, it'd have to be a condo - on the 2nd floor or higher, with underground or inside parking. I have the exact place in mind, but not sure we could afford it! Right across from the zoo on Bluemound. HOA fees to include all snow removal, no more snowblower for us.

Blog Entries
    UGH!!! I have no idea why I don't get a notice for this thread! Pooooooh! OK, anyway, I want a big drum of that "time" too while ya'll are shopping for it!

Welcome all newbies to the project!! I know I've missed some since I didn't go read all the pages that I've missed.

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    UGH!!! I have no idea why I don't get a notice for this thread! Pooooooh! OK, anyway, I want a big drum of that "time" too while ya'll are shopping for it!

Welcome all newbies to the project!! I know I've missed some since I didn't go read all the pages that I've missed.
    you and me both!!!! I think you have to post every couple of days :( no time for that one. Maybe we should just try to pop in and say "hi" ...whoa if we all did that we would have 500pgs in no time... working on block 14 ...finally back to the AOTH!! I think this is only my 6th block??

perhaps I should consider a ten block quilt...
    gus

Quote Originally Posted by retirednana
    I would like to join in is it too late.I will do my best to catch up.I love applique have the book already but just need that push to keep me focused . should I just jump in?
    you sure should just jump in! You'll be way past me in no time.
    I've got to help a niece have a baby!!! :wink:
    welcome retirednana...from another Nana :lol:

Blog Entries
    Gus, I think you might be right!

Mouse...when is that baby due anyway???

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Gus, I think you might be right!

Mouse...when is that baby due anyway???
    baby is due in November, don't know what day, but bc she had the last one early, and has already had contractions, she is on modified bed rest at the moment.
    contractions stopped.
    Little one, 16 month old, that I'll be helping with has contracted pink eye from his cousin that lives there.
    oh joy. I've had that and it's not fun.
    I told mama, (since tomorrow is my first "official" babys. day), he is not going to want auntie taking him away and then doctoring his eyes with that bad old stuff.
    I will go and spend the day over there, so he can get to know me better.
    Someone just told me that baby shampoo would help it go away.
    My eye doc reccommends it.
    I'm hoping my brother, (papa and nana), are making arrangements to be there when the little one comes into the world.
    I'll do the best I can, bc I am all she has, but when this is over and room re-do is done, me and AOTH fabs are going to have a lock-in!!! :roll: :thumbup: (if the fibro. doesn't take me out, first!) ;-)

Blog Entries
    Hmmm...had contractions but not due until Nov?? Tell that girl to cross her legs!!!!! Hopefully the little one will stay in there long enough. Good luck with the other little one.

I'll keep my fingers crossed to keep the fibro away so you get some serious play time.

thanks patty!
    baby's head is getting in position and he's going to be big.
    Maybe I could truss her like we do turkey's??? :lol:

Mousie, good luck with the babies.

(psst a sewing lock-in sounds great. maybe i need to do that one weekend)

Mousie it sounds as though you are being a wonderful help to your niece. She must appreciate you taking the time for her. I think a sewing lock-in will be a great reward for you when this is all over.

My GB No.2 is due in two weeks so excitement is building here. GB No.1 is starting to take notice of everything around her and smile at everyone. Cute stuff!

Don't worry about how long it takes before you get back to AOTH, I'm sure I will still be in single digits so you will have company.

I started to send a PM to Leslie, but then decided maybe others would want to know this as well...

Hi Leslie,
    thought I would send a PM about this as I don't know how often you check the DJ thread and it doesn't necessarily relate to AOTH. I hear you quilt as you go on DJ? But then Losie also mentioned something about you 'quilting' blocks together and then machine quilting the top??
    I'm not getting that - I've actually been considering doing the entire AOTH quilt by hand since I haven't machined anything at this point [of course, I'm only on the sixth block...]

Is there a good tutorial or any advice on how to proceed by hand as a QAYG??
    Gus

Quote Originally Posted by Mousie

Little one, 16 month old, that I'll be helping with has contracted pink eye from his cousin that lives there.
    My eye doc recommends it....
    Mousie,
    My kids used to have problems with their eyes and we would boil water and add a little Johnson & Johnson's baby shampoo [I'm sure other no tear formula would be ok] wait til the mix cools slightly, but when still a little warm use a q-tip along the eyelashes - should start with the non-effected eye if you want to do both, toss the tip and use another for the effected eye. This works well for many eye infections, but pink-eye does require an antibiotic ointment unfortunately.

good luck!! sounds like your arms are full!!!
    Gus gus

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    I have been working on the big border this weekend. Here is a pic of what I have sewn/embroidered so far. All 4 borders are drawn out, but only this one is being worked on right now. It's one of the longer ones with the corner built in. The heart on the left is a corner. The border is 10" wide, but the heart motif is the same size as the corner heart in Aie's original design, only I fattened it up quite a bit and altered the bottom point into a lapped version, not 2 pointy points. The embroidery is the same as the curly wurlies that I used in the sashings - carried out a theme - aren't you proud of me? Sometimes I surprise myself! Struggled with getting the curly wurlies all going in the same direction, but gave up and am fixing them as I come to one that's wrong. The red violet heart is appliqued down, but the green one is only pinned. It's next to be sewn.
    WOWWWWWW!!!
    Kathy ... I love it!
    You have a great talent! Congrats!
    I love it!
    A big hug!

Blog Entries
    Welcome retirednana!
    Losie, congrats on your DD's wedding!
    Mousie, good luck with the babies!
    I'm a little loss of QB, I was traveling, taking a few courses Quilting, whose photos can be viewed on my blog.
    I went this weekend, but again another reason to travel!
    Come to my country, Argentina, to present his show Mr. Eric Clapton! The "Master" of the guitar! And tomorrow I will delight hear him play live for the first time! I am very happy and excited!
    I hope to get next week to sew really!
    I do the second block AOTH, but I dont like the colors, so I do it again.
    I hope you all spend a beautiful weekend!
    A big hug!

Quote Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousie

My eye doc recommends it....
    Mousie,
    My kids used to have problems with their eyes and we would boil water and add a little Johnson & Johnson's baby shampoo [I'm sure other no tear formula would be ok] wait til the mix cools slightly, but when still a little warm use a q-tip along the eyelashes - should start with the non-effected eye if you want to do both, toss the tip and use another for the effected eye. This works well for many eye infections, but pink-eye does require an antibiotic ointment unfortunately.

good luck!! sounds like your arms are full!!!
    Gus gus
    thanks for the info, gus-gus!
    I took some baby shampoo over today and mom said it might work for his eyes, but unfortunately it would exacerbate a skin condition that he has.
    It has just gotten to a better point, so we wouldn't want to aggravate it.
    She thinks it's a type of allergy.
    My youngest grandbaby has allergies. Is it me, or are these kinds of things more common these days?
    I stayed with mama and baby today, to get him more used to me, but tomorrow, it's just me and him and the romper room at mousehouse.
    Let's hope it goes well. He is a goodnatured baby, but when he is with mommy he wants her to pick him up.
    I also get very sleepy, sitting around. I'll be able to move around and take him out in his carriage tomorrow.
    I'm glad to hear that I won't be alone with AOTH.
    I know a bajillion things have hindered me this summer, but I am still determined. I love this quilt pattern and my fabrics are yummy and waiting patiently :thumbup:
    I'll try to drop a line when I can. Playing everything by my Big ears here ;)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
    I started to send a PM to Leslie, but then decided maybe others would want to know this as well...

Hi Leslie,
    thought I would send a PM about this as I don't know how often you check the DJ thread and it doesn't necessarily relate to AOTH. I hear you quilt as you go on DJ? But then Losie also mentioned something about you 'quilting' blocks together and then machine quilting the top??
    I'm not getting that - I've actually been considering doing the entire AOTH quilt by hand since I haven't machined anything at this point [of course, I'm only on the sixth block...]

Is there a good tutorial or any advice on how to proceed by hand as a QAYG??
    Gus
    Hi Gus, I'm not Lesley of course, but I can point you in the right (I think) direction. Here is how she, I, Elle, Jan and probably a few more have done our Jane quilts. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-28063-214.htm I seriously considered doing my AOTH this way as well...but I decided that I would like ALL the quilting to show on the back for this one and also I want the back to be 1 piece. So...I am going to quilt in sections, but the back will only be 1 piece. There was a tute on this method on the board also. That method is a machine quilted method though.

I loved how Jane turned out and the bonus was that when I was finished piecing my blocks, all the quilting was also done. Anyway, the link is to where Lesley started her quilting on Jane.

Page 143 of 170 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 142 143 144 153 ... LastLast