Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 06-14-2011, 06:05 PM

sewnmom sent me some finger cots, and I love them! Thank you so much for the wonderful idea.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
Originally Posted by quiltykitty
I wonder if any of you have finished a block and then decide one or more of the colors just doesn't look good? I have done that on two blocks. I'm finishing up block #11 and redoing two sets of flowers. What I had cut out looked okay until sewn down. Well, I just putter along on this AOTH.
yep kitty :roll:
I change...and change...and change at every level. almost done with 9 now - although as I said, I made it too small :?

I will post partially done today [because I got my adapter back...momentarily :thumbup:] I was gonna make upper petals a blue fabric, changed it to yellow and when I started to sew it down, found it didn't 'pop' enough for me and so went to another blue batik instead of print. Then the red flower center I picked out way at the beginning didnt quite do it but I found a Kaffe that tied it all together
I have done the same thing for the two blocks I have worked on. :x
Old 06-15-2011, 02:05 PM

Lizzy - in case you haven't found that website yet -

http://www.fingergloves.com/
Old 06-15-2011, 04:20 PM

I cut out 6 backgrounds on Sunday and traced the patterns on using my light box. I have been working on block #8 this week and I hope to finish it tomorrow. I am finally getting the hang of needle turn applique but my fingers on my left hand are a mess. We finally had some much needed rain the past 2 days; it was beginning to look like a dessert around here and the lakes are so low you can't launch a boat from the ramps. Come on Rain :) :) :)
Old 06-15-2011, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
I cut out 6 backgrounds on Sunday and traced the patterns on using my light box. I have been working on block #8 this week and I hope to finish it tomorrow. I am finally getting the hang of needle turn applique but my fingers on my left hand are a mess. We finally had some much needed rain the past 2 days; it was beginning to look like a dessert around here and the lakes are so low you can't launch a boat from the ramps. Come on Rain :) :) :)
I second that! Come on rain and go away lightening! We too finally got much needed rain a couple of days ago..accompanied with severe thunderstorms and lightening that the fires spread even more. We walk out to lots of smoke here.

Looking forward to your 8, Losie.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:17 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by candi
I second that! Come on rain and go away lightening! We too finally got much needed rain a couple of days ago..accompanied with severe thunderstorms and lightening that the fires spread even more. We walk out to lots of smoke here.

oh...that's where the smoke is coming from eh?
we got some nice rain yesterday, but we also got lots of lightening :shock:
Ever since I watched that twister 30 feet from the bed/window in April, for the first time in my life...I am flinching at storms now.
Too close for comfort. Right between us and the house next door.
Right down the center!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 06-17-2011, 12:11 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mousie
Originally Posted by candi

oh...that's where the smoke is coming from eh?
we got some nice rain yesterday, but we also got lots of lightening :shock:
Ever since I watched that twister 30 feet from the bed/window in April, for the first time in my life...I am flinching at storms now.
Too close for comfort. Right between us and the house next door.
Right down the center!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Mousie, that was too close for comfort!
Old 06-17-2011, 04:31 AM

The quilt is beautiful. If my attempt at a wall hanging comes out 10 % as pretty, I will be so happy. :thumbup:
Old 06-17-2011, 04:34 AM

I hope to be able to post my first block finished soon. I have learned many lessons about machine embroidery to how many strands of emboidry floss to use (2 not 3!) and how to sew slower :oops: However, I will post it as a real beginner. I was able to order some #8 pearle cotton and that seems to work better along with a different brand of needles.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by Deecee
Lizzy - in case you haven't found that website yet -

http://www.fingergloves.com/
Tried new needle and it seems to be better. I did find the website but am latex sensitive. Thanks for the information. :-D