Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 154 of 170 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 153 154 155 164 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 4243

Thread: Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Blog Entries
    To receive notifications on your threads, you need to go to HOME. On the upper right of that page you need to click on Settings. On the left side of that page you will see My Subscriptions; Click on Subscriptions. A list of your subscriptions will appear; on the far right side of the page is Notification and a box next to each of your subscriptions. Click on each box you want to receive a notification. Go to the bottom of the page and click on Selected Threads. Under Update Subscription Type you have a choice of how you want to be notified and also how often. Click on your choice and then click on GO. You should begin to receive your notifications again.
    Losie

howdy ladies - I just posted this on my DJ thread and I wanted all my fellow 'confused' & frustrated newQBrs to know how to feel normal here again

after surfing this new board I have located some things that will make life easier - many of us have this and other threads saved as bookmarks and subscriptions and used to get regular notifications. Unfortunately, although we are still subscribing to these threads and still have the same bookmarks, we fail to receive notifications. When you click on "settings" - a column will appear on the left side with various links. When you click on "subscriptions" you will notice that all of your notifications column near the right will state "none" for those threads you receive no notifications. This is how to fix:

1. At the top of a thread - above the first post you will find "thread tools search thread display" - click on thread tools and click "unsubscribe" - the page will reload.
    2. Do this again - but this time click "subscribe" and a new page will appear asking you to determine your notification options - do you want to receive emails immediately, daily, weekly?? I chose daily myself because although I want to know when a post has been added, I dont want to be inundated with emails!
    3. You also decide whether you want it bookmarked or in subscriptions [I dont really understand the difference - sorry will let you know - I simply said subscription here]
    4. Click on add subscription and once again the page of the thread will reload
    5. At this point you can click on "subscriptions" in the left column again and your chosen method of notification should have replaced the "none" YAY YAY!!

Also - I prefer having more posts per page rather than more pages - so I changed my general settings - this is found several lines below the "subscription" link in your settings. Click on General Settings - this will open up a huge bit of information and you can change several things to suit you. I changed the number of posts per page to 20 - but you can have more or less or leave it as the forum default.

Hope this helps all of you!!
    Gus

Quote Originally Posted by Fabric Galore View Post
    To receive notifications on your threads, you need to go to HOME. On the upper right of that page you need to click on Settings. On the left side of that page you will see My Subscriptions; Click on Subscriptions. A list of your subscriptions will appear; on the far right side of the page is Notification and a box next to each of your subscriptions. Click on each box you want to receive a notification. Go to the bottom of the page and click on Selected Threads. Under Update Subscription Type you have a choice of how you want to be notified and also how often. Click on your choice and then click on GO. You should begin to receive your notifications again.
    Losie
    Losie!!!! YAY
    that way is much easier - just one thing - the settings link is at the top of the page we're on as well
    Gus

HOLY MOLY , ladies I finally found you! and it only took me like what? 2 weeks?
    Whew, I was really frustrated and beginning to feel like I was going to put AOTH in a closet as an UFO. I'm not getting any notifications and I'm still not sure how I got here today, but at least I know you are out there----somewhere. I'll try to come back. I'm going to try to find the blocks now.

Hiya Rox.
    See that green "view tag cloud" at the bottom of the page? Click on it, it'll take you to a list, AOTH is third one, c.ock on it and wallah, blocks threads, although they are in no particular order.
    Candi
    "Kindness is the oil that smooths the frictions in life"
    My etsy Store:
    www.itssewyoudear.etsy.com

I have been encouraged to join this group by my good friend Retired Nana. I really like the Heart applique blocks. I know you are half way through the project but we are going to work on it through October.

Welcome from Ireland. You will love it here. We are all at different stages of this quilt. The main thing is to enjoy it. Just be warned, it is addictive.
    What I make with my hands, I give with my heart.

Waving to you all ladies. I am trying to keep in touch but have limited time to find my way around. I have just found this thread and caught up but I must get ready for work now. Try to catch you later.

Blog Entries
    Hi to all ladies!
    I finished my Block # 2, realy is the Block # 11!I leave the picture of the entire block, a few details and the two together.
    I hope you enjoy the pictures and thank you very much for looking!
    Name:  Block # 11 01.JPG
Views: 88
Size:  329.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Gladys....wow, that close up, your work is amazing!
    May I always be the person my pets think I am..

Gladys, so glad I found this post to see your beautiful blocks. Your chain stitch is perfect and I love your fabric choices.

Hi again everyone! I am really frustrated.....I don't have a "view tag cloud" at the bottom of my page. Nor do I have a heading at the top of my home page . Is it possible that the new forum doesn't support the use of Mac's?

Blog Entries
    Gladys that is gorgeous !
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

Beautiful. Real clear picture.
    What I make with my hands, I give with my heart.

Beautiful Gladys.

Rox - I don't have a clue if having a Mac is the issue. Can you PM Admin for advice? (Can we still do that?)

Gladys, lovely blocks, you do great work.

Rox PMed me that she found her way.
    Candi
    "Kindness is the oil that smooths the frictions in life"
    My etsy Store:
    www.itssewyoudear.etsy.com

Gladys WOW your work is beautiful!!
    And Virginia Quilting Sistah - let me tell you - just started the 9th block and I will be leading a DJ group at this site as well. Since I MUST keep up with that one, I will more than like fall a little behind here - you will be catching up to me in no time!! Welcome

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gladys, your blocks are just beautiful! Keep up the wonderful work!
    Kathy

Blog Entries
    Hi Ladies!
    Thank you very much!
    A big hug for each one!

Blog Entries

cloud

I dont have a view cloud either. The only way I can access this thread is to enter AOTH in the search at the top right hand cornor of the page. Again I wish they had not changed to this whatever it is. lol Jo
    Landscape quilts and needle turn applique favs.Antlers,Ok

Under the quick reply box on the left I have a "View Tag Cloud" and it took me to all the grouped topic headings (AOTH being one) and that took me to all AOTH related threads. It works the same as it used to but called a different name.

On the right hand side it has "Add/Edit Tags". Do you have that? If you do, you can add AOTH and create a Tag Cloud.

I don't know if any of that is of help to you - but I just keep trying stuff and see what works.

Gladys Your work is superb- also enjoyed your picasa album.

Quote Originally Posted by Deecee View Post
    Under the quick reply box on the left I have a "View Tag Cloud" and it took me to all the grouped topic headings (AOTH being one) and that took me to all AOTH related threads. It works the same as it used to but called a different name.

On the right hand side it has "Add/Edit Tags". Do you have that? If you do, you can add AOTH and create a Tag Cloud.

I don't know if any of that is of help to you - but I just keep trying stuff and see what works.
    Deecee---I just tried to add another tag and got the message that I wasn't authorized to add a tag....Whatsup with that?
    Roxanne

You have got me there Rox. Perhaps it doesn't work the way I thought. I have not tried to add any.

Quote from FACs page

"Who adds the tags?

Tags are initially added to threads by the user who started the thread. Other users may also be able to add and remove tags."

The operative words being "other users MAY"

Blog Entries
    I went into Add/Edit Tag - it was already marked for AOTH so I clicked save and now it shows the tag - maybe try that
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

Page 154 of 170 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 153 154 155 164 ... LastLast