Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 104 of 170 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 103 104 105 114 154 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 4243

Thread: Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Mousie
    love your amelia's garden, cre...lovely! ;)
    Mousie, are you feeling better? Hope so :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Beautiful Cre! I just love the Amelia's garden quilt...it just looks hard to me though....so many little pieces...your center looks wonderful. Love the beading!
    those are actually french knots with variegates Sulky 12wt thread. :-D
    Oh my GOSH!! I went back to look, LOL,....they look so much like beading...great job!

Quote Originally Posted by candi
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousie
    love your amelia's garden, cre...lovely! ;)
    Mousie, are you feeling better? Hope so :thumbup:
    I'll just say I am better than I was.
    I was really ruff, ruff...like Patti's avatar, lol!
    Still can't sleep and no energy and flushing, (course that may not be the infection :shock: ), but I think I am ready to do some washing fabrics and such tomorrow.
    That's mostly sit down stuff ;-) (doc doesn't want me sprinting...no worries there!) :)

Blog Entries
    Well, Mousie...sounds like you are to SIT and work on your AOTH! Glad the Doc is getting you back on your tiny little feet again!

:XD: thank you, patti and everybody :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jolo
    Hi to all, my prayers for all that need them. I lost this thread for a while and couldnt find it. Dont know why ,this is the second time it has quit my pc. what am I doing wrong.? I am behind just starting #10 .I had to take time out to hand quilt for a committed project. The last CT of my son showed no signs of his lymphoma.Thanks for all the prayers and ,most of all thanks to the Lord..... Got to go check out all the pics I have missed. More later Jo
    that is wonderful news about your DS jo

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi, Jo!

If you ever loose track of us again, just go to the bottom of any QB page & click on TOPICS LIST. Ths category is #2 on the list. Click on it & voila, there are all the AOTH threads! This main thread is usualy near the top. To me, this is the easiest way to get to AOTH.

Blog Entries
    I've been away for a few days, but I am home and back in the saddle now - I'll try and get round the threads and see how everyone is doing.

Good to see you back Lesley - hope everything went well for you.

hiya sweets! I'm getting back in the saddle slowly too. So glad your back :thumbup:

Glad to see you on the QB again, speedy recovery is in order now...best wishes!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Here is a picture of this quilt
    Dear Kathy,
    I am cofessing to lurking - traveling through the pages,
    looking at all the different blocks, which are wonderful eye candy, because the quilt is so very very beautiful!
    I think it is very generous of you to be the hostess and inspiration and source of kindness and encouragement
    to everyone!
    Jeannie

Blog Entries
    Can you all believe that in just a couple of hours we will be starting Week 4 of our project? How is everyone coming along on Block #10. There haven't been too many photos posted, so I'm hoping you all aren't having problems with it. If you are, bring them here so someone can help sort it out with you.

Block #11 in the other corner block of the top row in the center unit. It has the extra added feature of a secondary background. How many of you are making all 4 corners using the same fabric for the 2nd background & how many are using different fabrics?

Going to post my version of Block #11 now, then going to bed. I spent the day finishing the embroidery on 2 blocks & getting a start on another block. I think DH is wondering why I'm not working on his quilt, but I want to get my AOTH blocks done before starting his in earnest. I did piece 4 small Mariner's Compass units for the centers of the 4 big parts of the quilt. You can see a "map" of the quilt in the first picture over on the wall on the right. I was taking pics of my dining room turned sewing central.

Sewing Area
    Name:  Attachment-216816.jpe
Views: 20
Size:  48.9 KB

Cutting Table, Stash Storage & Ironing area
    Name:  Attachment-216817.jpe
Views: 22
Size:  55.0 KB

Blog Entries
    I am at the stage of needing to lay mine out and make some decisions. I used different secondary backgrounds for my corners...because I was too stupid to realize that those were all corners! I needed to have been sewing with the group for you to tell me that!! LOL! Now, I'm not sure they will end up as the corner pieces...good thing I'm going on point, it won't be so noticeable.

You and me both Patti, I didn´t realize that either. Ah well, mine is on point also so I don´t think it will notice.

Welcome back Lesley. Kathy I love your sewing area.

Blog Entries
    Thank you everyone, I am not so sore today, so on the mend - Mousie, I hope you are feeling better too.

The good news is that I took my last narrow (outer) border into hosp. with me and got it done, so I just have to sew it on, then continue to wait for more DMC threads to arrive. I thought it would have been here by now, so I don't think it will be long.

Love your sewing 'nook' Kathy, I would kill for that much room, mine measures 12 ft x 10 ft. and you have no idea how much I have in there.

I noticed the four corner backgrounds as well because I was deciding between two different secondary backgrounds and couldn't decide which to use. Both are bluish batiks. I checked to see if there would be another place to put the one I didnt pick. Now I'm thinking if I pick two other fabrics with different color base - like green - I would simply place them at diagonal corners. What you dont want is two the same at one side I think. All different would be fine. I want your space Kathy!! Mine is my dining room & I am just now in process of organizing my4x5 closet - very cramped!! :roll: :? :thumbdown:

Blog Entries
    Hey, using different backgrounds doesn't make that much difference. it was Lesley that mentioned she liked how I had diff. corners on the 1st version when I posted the pic of the 16 blocks all sewn together. I hadn't notices that she had the same fabric in all 4 of hers. Soooo, it really isn't all that important, is it? I can't wait to see yours all together.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Hey, using different backgrounds doesn't make that much difference. it was Lesley that mentioned she liked how I had diff. corners on the 1st version when I posted the pic of the 16 blocks all sewn together. I hadn't notices that she had the same fabric in all 4 of hers. Soooo, it really isn't all that important, is it? I can't wait to see yours all together.
    I think I went that route because I noticed that Aie had three similar, and one odd one, which I didn't like.

I finished my #10 block!!!
    I tried to take a picture and it is just not working, that red is difficult to photograph :roll: I guess I will have to hook up the scanner, but being 10" blocks the whole thing will not fit on the scanner bed... SIGH!

I DO need to find some more fabric, I didnt realize that most of what I have has a med or lrg print, which is NOT working! I need to find some small or nearly plain prints.
    If anyone could point me in the right direction for black/white fabric please let me know ;)

Kathy
    I am SO jealous of your work space!!! my Aoth is in two bins.

I girl can dream :D :D :D

Blog Entries
    Candace, What I posted is my quilting "annex." Last October, I moved some of my quilting stuff out into the dining room for 2 reasons. 1) It's warmer out there than back in the sewing room at the far west side of the house & 2) main reason - there was going to be an NCIS marathon that Saturday & on Monday, Columbus Day, too! I stayed out there as there always seems to be an NCIS marathon [it's also cooler in the dining room now that we are trying to set an all time record for the most consecutive days with temps over 100º] & I don't have a TV set up in the sewing room. Besides, since it's right out in the open, I have to keep it clean & neat. :-) We have always managed to find a house that has an extra bedroom since i started quilting. Our last house in Milwaukee had 5 bedrooms & now, we have 4 with a "cave" off the master for DH's office. The Bowflex even has it's own room. There are just the 2 of us & our furbabies.

Blog Entries
    Candace, I am using a pretty good mix of fabs. Honestly, I like to use large prints for applique. You can usually find interesting parts to cut....*see Lisa's blocks..they are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
    I finished my #10 block!!!
    I tried to take a picture and it is just not working, that red is difficult to photograph :roll: I guess I will have to hook up the scanner, but being 10" blocks the whole thing will not fit on the scanner bed... SIGH!

I DO need to find some more fabric, I didnt realize that most of what I have has a med or lrg print, which is NOT working! I need to find some small or nearly plain prints.
    If anyone could point me in the right direction for black/white fabric please let me know ;)
    I have been useing lost of large scale prints and it's been working great i even redesigned som of the blocks to accommodate them if you ck out my posts you can see some examples.

Page 104 of 170 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 103 104 105 114 154 ... LastLast