Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 103 of 170 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 102 103 104 113 153 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 4243

Thread: Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Patty, you and your family are in my prayers.. i also went thru this process in 99" with my husband, now my brotheris in last stages of that horrible thing calledcancer. keep the faith. molly

Patty, how very sad for you and your family, especially your mum we expect our children to out live us, sadly life can be so cruel. Make the very most of every minut you have left with him. Be asured our prayers and thought are with you and your family. God bless.

Lesley, hope everything goes well. Patty, thinking of you at this time.

Good thoughts and prayers going out to all who need them.

Mousie - sympathies about the doctors visit - been having a few of them myself lately.

I am generally leaning towards the green/mauve/pink range but am trying to be a little more adventurous with my colours and throw in a mix of everything. Who knows what will happen. I had decided to use all batiks but in this first block I have only used one so obviously I can't make a decision and stick to it.

I have nearly finished sewing my applique pieces down and then need to do the embroidery on this block. I only get a couple of hours of an evening to sew and am a slow worker anyway, so I won't be breaking any speed records. But that is fine - I find it relaxing doing hand sewing.

Blog Entries
    I'm just like you Dee....I only work on them at night (well with the exception of sewing the trapunto blocks for my center today). I enjoy doing all the hand sewing at night with DH in front of the tv. I can't seem to sit without doing something with my hands.

I did get all the poly batting sewn on the trapunto blocks today. I think I am going to sew the center together before adding the extra batting to the setting tris though. I'm too afraid of working with the bias edges. So...they will be a little more difficult to do as it will be a little harder to stuff through the machine and also to trim...but I'll get it done that way. I think it will work out better, but heck...what do I know??? LOL!

Well gosh Patti - I'd say you know a whole lot more than I do just for starters. :lol:

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    I'm just like you Dee....I only work on them at night (well with the exception of sewing the trapunto blocks for my center today). I enjoy doing all the hand sewing at night with DH in front of the tv. I can't seem to sit without doing something with my hands.

I did get all the poly batting sewn on the trapunto blocks today. I think I am going to sew the center together before adding the extra batting to the setting tris though. I'm too afraid of working with the bias edges. So...they will be a little more difficult to do as it will be a little harder to stuff through the machine and also to trim...but I'll get it done that way. I think it will work out better, but heck...what do I know??? LOL!
    Dee . . . I see my twin beat me to it! I, too usually only work on AOTH in the evening, after work, while watching TV. Sometimes I get in a good sewing day on the weekends, but not always. This won't be one one of those weekends. Our local Quilt Festival is going on, so must get there. Also need to go to Post Office, so that blows the whole morning! Will take DH out to lunch, too.

I have other irons in the fire besides AOTH that I need to get going on, but I am tring to get the AOTH blocks finished. Am also making a quilt for DH's office & I have a log cabin quilt that I made as the sample for a LC workshop I taught in March that I would like to get basted & quilted for DH as he expressed a liking for "the colors" in it. It's B&W with red.

Blog Entries
    My thoughts and prayers are with Judy and Mousie. I wish you both a peaceful and a healing day. My social life revolves more and more around doctor appontments as I get older, but thank God for doctors.

Blog Entries
    I may have told you all that I sewed the trapunto blocks yesterday. I woke up in the middle of the night and thought..."how darn stupid are you anyway???" Why did I do that? I needed to sew the darn center together first! I wasn't thinking and I sewed the extra batting on my Jane prior because I had the rest of the quilt already quilted , so I had to QAYG with those....but THESE???? No! Well...at this point, I'm going to trim them, cut to size and try to sew the thing together....*hanging my head in shame and smacking myself*....new mantra....stupid, stupid, stupid....:roll:

Granted, I'm a bit "dim", but I'm not understanding what you did wrong.

Once I finally finished my last commitment, I started back in on Block #11 (my third one). Working on it was my reward for getting the last project done and mailed. I think I can have #11 finished by tomorrow night. Yay!!!!

I FINALLY picked up some spray starch! can you believe I have never used the stuff in my life? the instructions on the can are not to clear.. but I think I have it figured out now, after a few trys I still have places where it is stiff and places that are not. I guess it has to be learned right? :roll:
    maybe I can get a thing or two done now :D

best wishes to Lesley! may you have a speedy recovery.

Just thought I'll let you all know that Miss Mousie's doctor visit revealed a sinus infection. She wants to make sure you all know that she will be back soon and will work on her AOTH quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky

Once I finally finished my last commitment, I started back in on Block #11 (my third one). Working on it was my reward for getting the last project done and mailed. I think I can have #11 finished by tomorrow night. Yay!!!!
    I must be dim too, Ducky, lol.
    Looking forward to seeing your 11, Ducky.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by candi
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky

I must be dim too, Ducky, lol.
    Looking forward to seeing your 11, Ducky.
    Well, my lightbulb isn't very bright, either!!! Help us dim ones out here Patti!! Maybe show us a pic or two! I'm much more of a visual learner!! :D :D :thumbup: :thumbup:

It will be after July 4 before I can get back to any quilting. I've had a new roof put on and am now enduring having the popcorn ceilings taken off and getting pretty new ceilings. Even got two new ceiling fans installed. Also, the A/C that leaked into my bathroom walls has been fixed and the walls are being redone. The shower is also getting grout redone. The gutter guys have not gotten here yet, so that will probably be next week. And it will take many days to clean up. You know how fine that dust is and I'm sure I'll be vaccuming it up for days. I'm feeling like one of those hoarders on that TV show. Things are stashed in every available room. The cat is confined to the study with all his necessary equipment. He's not liking that one bit. Can't say I blame him. At least I have 8 blocks done on the AOTH. So I will not be that far behind.

How on earth did my previous post get centered? I did an edit and presto, centered.

Okay, now it is okay. Computers!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Wow Linda...thats a lot of work being done at the same time! Wishing that everything goes really smoothly (no pun intended for the ceilings..LOL)

Girls...when doing trapunto, you would usually wait to sew the extra layer of batting on after the entire quilt is pieced. That way you can make sure that all your blocks are square and nice. I normally piece the entire top, then mark the trapunto pattern, sew the poly batting on and trim out the areas that don't need the extra batting....then sandwich and quilt as normal. I have no idea whether my blocks will be wonky or not. I'll just have to give it a try. You all aren't "dim"....I just don't explain things very well...just ask my DH...he'll tell you that I generally only tell about half the story...assuming that you just automatically know the other half. :roll: I did nothing on it today....nor will I tomorrow...

Oh Patty - soooo sorry - and yes prayers are the one thing that keeps all of us focused. I for one have to do it more often with my daughter as sick as she has been since '06. I also lost my brother to pancreatic cancer in 2000 - he was gone within 7wks. We made a religious pilgrimage to Lourdes on Halloween of that year for a week - he had been diagnosed Oct 3 and died Nov 26. Our prayers are not always answered the way we would like - he saw no cure, but he had planned to wait til Christmas to come home to see his grown daughters as he and second wife lived in Chicago and we in L.A. area. As a result of our trip, he decided to come home early, they put their condo on the market Nov 9 and it sold within hours [things weren't selling]. He got a chance to spend 10days of incredible time with his girls and our Mom [who was never the same after that...] But altho it wasnt "our prayed for miracle" I believe God had a hand in that one.

On a lighter less serious note I have been gone from this thread for a while..... been finishing a row robin for another group [should say groups because we have one with our guild as well] The row robin 2011 is posted here
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-101878-19.htm#3546209

and I will post a few other pics down here as well...enjoy :) not all is finished [heck - most things are yet to be started!! I'm co-chairing a quilt show......]

i will put my block 9 [not finished] on the block 9 photo topic

This is our CVQ guild row robin... half of it at least. My friend's hubby is Hawaiian and she wanted a Hawaiian theme. she had Hibiscus, I added palm trees, huts, and volcano in the middle - still needs some sewing
    Name:  Attachment-215919.jpe
Views: 23
Size:  57.5 KB

Amelia's rose garden I promised you guys a while back - this is the center wreath. I stilkl have to embellish before I sew all parts together
    Name:  Attachment-215920.jpe
Views: 30
Size:  36.6 KB

A small detail embroidery section I started
    Name:  Attachment-215921.jpe
Views: 22
Size:  51.2 KB

Cre, those are gorgeous, you certainly have taken on a lot. I think Amelia´s Garden is precious

Blog Entries
    Beautiful Cre! I just love the Amelia's garden quilt...it just looks hard to me though....so many little pieces...your center looks wonderful. Love the beading!

Blog Entries
    Hi to all, my prayers for all that need them. I lost this thread for a while and couldnt find it. Dont know why ,this is the second time it has quit my pc. what am I doing wrong.? I am behind just starting #10 .I had to take time out to hand quilt for a committed project. The last CT of my son showed no signs of his lymphoma.Thanks for all the prayers and ,most of all thanks to the Lord..... Got to go check out all the pics I have missed. More later Jo

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Beautiful Cre! I just love the Amelia's garden quilt...it just looks hard to me though....so many little pieces...your center looks wonderful. Love the beading!
    those are actually french knots with variegates Sulky 12wt thread. :-D

love your amelia's garden, cre...lovely! ;)

Page 103 of 170 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 102 103 104 113 153 ... LastLast