Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

here is the Quilt I made for my daughter,"Christine's Quilt of Dreams".

I hope this sends the picture

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Here is a picture of this quilt

Affairs of the Heart
    Name:  Attachment-160953.jpe
Views: 186
Size:  103.6 KB

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barbaraJane
    I hope this sends the picture
    Barbara, make sure your picture has the right extension (.gif, .jpg, .bmp etc). Then Browse and choose the picture from your computer. Do NOT preview, just hit send. That should do it.

my affair of the heart quilt
    Name:  Attachment-161102.jpe
Views: 248
Size:  82.3 KB

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh WOW!! It is gorgeous!! Thanks for posting it, Barb. I can see why it won so many ribbons!! I can only aspire.....

Beautiful, BarbaraJane.

Blog Entries
    Barbara Jane...your quilt is breathtaking!!! I now KNOW I am in over my head! Beautiful, beautiful work!!!

Spectacular! Thanks for sharing! Ribbons well deserved!

Quote Originally Posted by PKWard
    Barbara Jane...your quilt is breathtaking!!! I now KNOW I am in over my head! Beautiful, beautiful work!!!
    Same here!
    BTW, is everyone doing embroidery on this quilt?

Blog Entries
    Barbara - it's beautiful!!! Wanna make another one?

Blog Entries
    I'm waiting on my book to see what is involved and what I will need. Glad I have till June to pull it all together.

Quote Originally Posted by candi
    Same here!

Blog Entries
    You are NOT in over your head. Just take things slowly, one piece at a time. Some of us are just finishing up another group sew for a Dear Jane of our own. Most have learned tons about quilting & about themselves. This is a really fun way to expand on what you do know and to learn things you don't know by trying them out. We are all here for support.

Blog Entries
    Candi, I am planning on couching pink Razzle Dazzle thread instead of embroidery. Here is a pic of the thread and the foot I'm planning on using, too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Candi, I am planning on couching pink Razzle Dazzle thread instead of embroidery. Here is a pic of the thread and the foot I'm planning on using, too.
    How cool! Love the threads!
    The reason I was asking is because Ive not done any embroidery, and wondered how the blocks would look without. Hmm...it may be a good use for some of the decorative stitches, hey, this is already getting the juices flowing, lol. I can't wait to get the book, although this project has to wait for now, but surely I can start fantasizing....thanks for hosting this and nudging me into trying something like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    How cool! Love the threads!
    The reason I was asking is because Ive not done any embroidery, and wondered how the blocks would look without. Hmm...it may be a good use for some of the decorative stitches, hey, this is already getting the juices flowing, lol. I can't wait to get the book, although this project has to wait for now, but surely I can start fantasizing....thanks for hosting this and nudging me into trying something like this.
    Someone mentioned that they might try the triple stitch on their machine instead of hand embroidery.

Kathy, I must ask is your avatar a quilt from the Bella Bella quilts book? It is gorgeous, I love it.I have the book, got it a couple of months ago and practicing in other quilts to make one or two from that book.

Sorry to be off topic, had to ask, lol.

Yes, I I'll have to think about what all is involved and what needs to be done when I got the book. Thanks for the help.

I wanna play too.............. I will be checking my LQS for the book tomorrow. Can't wait. Thanks for doing this!

Wonderful quilt BarbaraJane. Thanks for showing us.

Blog Entries
    The quilt is the Costa Rican Cartwheel from "Mariner's Comapss Quilts: Setting a New Course" by Judy Mathieson. It is paper pieced and around 50 some inches square.

Don't worry about getting off course with this group. These ladies (me, too) will talk about anything even if it is off topic. Don't mind in the least.

Wow on BarbaraJane´s quilt absolutely stunning.
    Candi I will be doing some embroidery. You could always use a fancy stitch on your machine, that would work to.

Think I will be doing hand embroidery though maybe a bit of couching with a round gold material I found will get a pic to show you all, see what you think.

Just off to my sewing club see you all later Elle

Blog Entries
    Hey, I go to bed, and when I wake up, I find we have been 'stuck' to the top of the BOM section - cool.

Barbara Jane, thank you for posting your pic - your quilt is gorgeous and deserved the lovely ribbons. I've never won anything because I haven't been brave enough to enter anything, LOL.

I am doing the embroidery, because it really brightens up the blocks, and if you look at some of them, nos. 34 and 35 for instance, they would look really lost without their embroidery. When we get going, I wil take some pics of how to do the stitch, and it really isn't difficult. If I do it now, I just think it will be too soon, and get lost.

I bought the book and agree that after I look at the book I'll know what colors I'll want to use.

I'm waiting on my book to see what is involved and what I will need. Glad I have till June to pull it all together.

Same here!

Blog Entries
    Welcome to Obsessed, Sewwhat85, Candi, Lucymae, Quilts4fun, Lots2do, PKWard, tthuis, & Vanessa17. So very glad you are going to join us or are seriously thinking about joining. This would be a really good way to get better at applique and maybe embroidery.

I am really excited about getting started on this quilt, but our schedule begins in June, so we all have plenty of time to get caught up on other projects or commitments before then. I think I collected fabric for her for severall months. Hey, what am I saying, I'm always looking for new additions to my collections!

Anyway, welcome to AOTH!

Blog Entries
    Ok, maybe because it is a crazy hour of the morning (4:30am) but I am intrigued and scared at the same time. I want to try doing this but if you knew me, you would know it is out of my comfort zone, truly... LOL!

I will order my book and try a block to kinow for sure. My motto in the past (as early as yesterday) has been "I don't do needle turn applique". But, Leslie, your idea of enlarging the block sounds like it might be doable for me. Leslie, are you saying that you are doing hand embroidery? I love to do hand embroidery but also sort of a novice at that also.

Will you all really hold my hand through all of this to the very end if I take the plunge? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Page 3 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 53 103 ... LastLast