Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 113 of 170 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 112 113 114 123 163 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 4243

Thread: Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

the more I say I will avoid these pages because I have to sew for quilt show.... the more I keep looking [and want to work on AOTH!!!] :hunf: :roll:

ah well... some day :(

beautiful stuff on these pages :thumbup:

I know what you mean! I have been down for a couple of weeks, and no progress on AOTH.
    now that Im doing better... my iron broke! :roll:

life sure does get in the way of my quilting :lol:

Blog Entries
    Well, don't feel bad about having to stop for a bit. I had to stop and force myself to finish a wedding quilt. I got it completed -- FINALLY!!! -- and gave it to the newlyweds on Sunday. There are pics of it on my PDA if anyone cares to take a little peek at it. I'm just so-o-o-o-o-o glad it's finally outta here!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :lol: :lol: Now I can do what I want to do -- meaning AOTH of course!!! :D :D I almost have my 4th block finished. Just need to stitch on four more circles and then do the embroidery. Then it's on to the next one!! YEA!!!!! :D :D I'm lovin' these!!! :thumbup:

I was in the process of tracing block 17 onto my background piece when my Sewline pencil quit working. AH a quick trip to the LQS in the next town to get more lead and see if I was doing something wrong. Nope. I bought some more lead and another pencil, but the owner gave me a pen to replace the nonworking one. Nice of her. I also picked up a wallhanging kit and some FQs. I think I'll be able to use two of the FQs on block 16, which I haven't done. So, I should get back to my tracing, huh? But, I want to cruise the board. Catch you all later.

Anybody working on #16 right now?
    I will be cutting the applique pieces tonight.

Blog Entries
    I loose track of the block numbers Andrea. I think I'm finishing up #2 right now.

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    I loose track of the block numbers Andrea. I think I'm finishing up #2 right now.
    I finished #2 Saturday & #3 last night! I have the pieces all basted for #4 & #5, and took #6 & #7 to work to have something to do when I don't have any work to do!

Tonight I am tracing my design for the plain sashing pieces on the outside of the center unit. Lesley inspired me, but since I didn't make the Shark Tooth border wider than 1 1/2", I couldn't use her nested hearts. I decided to do a curvy line with curlyques all along it! I think it will be OK. Gotta get some embroidery on it done. If it works, I'll scan it & post it as a downloadable file. Taking a break - Warehouse 13 is on, so gotta scoot back to its ending.

not yet.
    I'm doing my center QAYG, so I am trying to do the blocks in the order they are in the book, except for the four lily pads.
    They will be in the corners of the middle border.
    ohhh, just looked at it...that's a pretty one! slurp!
    I need to shut off the phone, bar the door and stop eating, lol.
    So many blocks, so many fabs, so many choices and ideas... :XD:

Blog Entries
    OK, I did one of the sashings. I think I like it, I mean I do like it. I'm not usually so creative, so this one has really surprised me!!! :shock:

I need Dh's help to scan the drawing so I can put it here, so I'll get him working on it tomorrow. He's on the last week of a 3-week summer vacation from work. Right now, he & our neighbor are outside constructing a home-made sprinkler system so we can water the trees our neighbor planted in our yard - a surprise!
    Attached Images Attached Images

ohhh, kathy, i just love that! yummers!
    It looks really great between those blocks too! :XD:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    OK, I did one of the sashings. I think I like it, I mean I do like it. I'm not usually so creative, so this one has really surprised me!!! :shock:

I need Dh's help to scan the drawing so I can put it here, so I'll get him working on it tomorrow. He's on the last week of a 3-week summer vacation from work. Right now, he & our neighbor are outside constructing a home-made sprinkler system so we can water the trees our neighbor planted in our yard - a surprise!
    Love your curlies, Kathy, but my nested hearts are only 1 and a half wide when finished too. I cut the original fabric at 2in, then trimmed off a little bit on each side to make the right size, so now people can have a choice, which is great.

JUst love you curlie cues, I may borrow your idea. Not there yet. I am waiting until I get all the block done before I place them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Love your curlies, Kathy, but my nested hearts are only 1 and a half wide when finished too. I cut the original fabric at 2in, then trimmed off a little bit on each side to make the right size, so now people can have a choice, which is great.
    Oh, OK!!!! I thought you had made them 2" wide finshed. When I downloaded them, I set my 'puter at 2 1/2" wide. I really liked the hearts, but then went & made the border at 1 1/2" wide. I've been having a lot of "Duh!" moments lately!

I really like the idea of having some embroidery in those sashings. I think the quilt is just too pretty to have those places left bare. BTW, I love how my Block #3 turned out. I thought it looked very Egyptian. The flowers in the corners remind me of those lotus flowers in Egyptian Hieroglyphs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by firequilt
    JUst love you curlie cues, I may borrow your idea. Not there yet. I am waiting until I get all the block done before I place them.
    Sure can! We put stuff out here so others can get inspired. Copying is fine by me! If I can get DH to scan ittoday, I'll post it tonight as a downloadable file for all who want it. It sewed up pretty fast - good thing since there are 8 of them to do! :wink:

Andrea
    I think Im on 16 next. I need to go buy a new iron first before I can get started

Blog Entries
    beautiful Kathy, I have gotten so far behind, Had to hand quilt a queen size hand appliqued quilt but just need to do one side of the last border and then bind it and can get back to AOTH. Jo

Blog Entries
    Kathy, I love your design! Now darn it...I'll have a decision to make when I get to that point....curlie swirlies or nested hearts....oh lordy....decisions, decisions! Evidently I am not good at making them lately!

I'm so darn slow lately...I lack 2 sections of the embroidery on #2..then have to pick the fabric for #3 before I can start that one. Its pretty though...lots of pieces and will probably take me forever!

Kathy, that sashing is perfect. I may have to "borrow" that idea.....I love it.

Love the curlies Kathy.

Blog Entries
    Got the pattern scanned in - thank you, Bruce!!! As a reminder what the sashing looks like in real life, I've posted the photo again. The pattern is a JPG, so I don't know if it will show or just be a downloadable image that you can download by clicking on the blue "download" link.

Edit: Having a very senior moment - kept leading the sashing ove & over instead of going to where the pattern is stored. Then I get the pattern up, but forgot to check the save on the file. DUH! DUH! DUH!

Sashing
    Name:  Attachment-229003.jpe
Views: 30
Size:  41.4 KB

Pattern
    Name:  Attachment-229006.jpe
Views: 26
Size:  301.7 KB

Blog Entries
    I hope to start work on AOTH again tomorrow. I have been busy finishing up some UFOs. I made valances for my kitchen & breakfast room windows and also for my sewing room windows. My main project was a quilt for my DGGS, Logan, who will be 1 yr old on 8/14. I posted a picture of his quilt at http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-138793-1.htm
    I also have my DGS, Luke, quilt ready for the binding. I posted a picture of that at http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-138798-1.htm.
    I'm ready to get back to AOTH. I really missed it.

Blog Entries
    Kathy, I love your design! Now darn it...I'll have a decision to make when I get to that point....curlie swirlies or nested hearts....oh lordy....decisions, decisions! Evidently I am not good at making them lately!

I'm so darn slow lately...I lack 2 sections of the embroidery on #2..then have to pick the fabric for #3 before I can start that one. Its pretty though...lots of pieces and will probably take me forever!
    Why can't you do a combo of both - a heart here & a swirly there. I had considered that if I didn't like how the curlies turned out. Didn't put pencil to paper though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts

Why can't you do a combo of both - a heart here & a swirly there. I had considered that if I didn't like how the curlies turned out. Didn't put pencil to paper though.
    And just to throw another suggestion into the mix, for those that don't like doing a lot of embroidery, they could applique the hearts or scrolls!

thanks Kathy!
    it is beautiful :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
    Andrea
    I think Im on 16 next. I need to go buy a new iron first before I can get started
    Excellent! I have hearts and leaves appliqueed but dont't have solution for the flowers yet, i even considered embroider them! What are you going to do?

Page 113 of 170 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 112 113 114 123 163 ... LastLast