Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 03-05-2011, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Congrats Kathy! I'm in too...I'm working on block 8..don't know why I started there :shock:...???
Because it's the first block in the row inside the inner border? and because Lesley JTG by making that one first, too?

Have decided that I will do 7" blocks so I have another wall hanging for the dining room or living room. I have 2 large hanging devices in those rooms - they open onto each other as can be seen in the attached photo. I need to have more quilts for these places so I can rotate them out and keep them from fading so quickly.

The quilts set the color scheme in these areas as the walls are whits and the furniture used to be white - before Dufus came to live with us. I need to see about getting someone out to steam clean the sofa & loveseat (his bed)! :-)

It's kinda quite here today - everyone must be busy creating! Or dithering!!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-132500.jpe  
Old 03-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Congrats Kathy! I'm in too...I'm working on block 8..don't know why I started there :shock:...???
I know why you did, Patti, because its exactly what I did. Kathy said that we would be doing the middle 16 first, so I took it that we would be doing them in order, so to speak, but she mixed the rows up a little bit in the schedule, which caught me out.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Power Poster

Kathy your room looks really colourful - I can understand you wanting to rotate hangings, I do the same thing myself in a smaller way.

and Jane is looking splendid too.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:38 AM

I love your room Kathy, it looks so big, I am rather envious of that. Your wall hangings are beautiful and I can see Jane sitting there waiting patiently.

Patti, I have searched on and off all day for your fabric you need and I can´t find any, I can find it in the Olive and a red and black but not your chocolate. Such a shame, however a contrast would be nice. Other than that all I can say is be very careful when you cut your fabric so you don´t waste any.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:21 PM

Elle, I thought it was the olive color that Patti is looking for.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ducky
Elle, I thought it was the olive color that Patti is looking for.
No its Chocolate again, I think, because someone said how about Chocolate Hearts for the name of her quilt. No its def brown.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Kathy your room looks really colourful - I can understand you wanting to rotate hangings, I do the same thing myself in a smaller way.

and Jane is looking splendid too.
Thanks, guys. The picture was taken back when I was basting JJ - October something. Right now, she is lumped in that recliner in the background as I'm not quilting on her - too warm. I may need to fold her up for the summer. Along with no rain, we have had unusually warm temps this winter, with the exception of that sub-zero blast a couple of weeks back. Otherwise, we've been around 70º and above the whole time. Can't wait for the monsoon season, but they way it's been, we'll probably not get any then either.

Gotta get back to AOTH so I can post the tute.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:18 PM

Well, I've caught up on all your posts. I'm not joining this time, but I do enjoying following all of your progress. Those are some beautiful fabrics you have chosen for the quilts. I must say I love the brights of the batiks. And I'm looking forward to seeing the blocks you all make. Good Luck and I will be lurking around.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for looking for the fab for me girls...sorry Elle...it IS the OLIVE this time! The chocolate was for Jane and I thought I would change it up this time...did you say that you DID find it in the OLIVE????

I guess I did pick #8 due to where it is located...but nevermind. I'm doing this section in the 7" size and finding it a bit fiddly. They won't all be this size though as my border will be larger. Hopefully I will finish this one maybe tomorrow. We'll see.

Kathy, it will look really good on that wall...love what you have there now!
Old 03-05-2011, 04:38 PM

OK, the tute is up. Here is the link. I hope I made everything clear. If not, please, please ask questions!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-105264-1.htm#2691699

What I did today. Will take a pic of #10 later.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]153284[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-153279.jpe