Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 02-02-2011, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by luvmortherest
i am trying to do this quilt as a stash buster. DH is helping me pick uot fabrics from my stash for this quilt.
Good man DEbbie, hes a keeper
Old 02-02-2011, 12:55 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Carsey
Originally Posted by Lacelady
On the question of whether to embroider or not, take a look at these two pics of the first block on the schedule, and then you might be able to decided for yourself.
Leslie: Did you do the embroider on the machine or by hand?? What kind of thread did you use??? Your block is beautiful!!
Thank you Carsey, I did it by hand, just stem stitch, with two strands of DMC embroidery cotton/floss, shade 742.

I have some ideas to suggest on different treatments by machine for those who don't want to hand stitch. I will be taking some pics soon.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gaigai
Originally Posted by luvmortherest
i don't know what season i am but i do know that i can not put certain colors anywhere near my face. i don't look good in reds, yellows or greens. my Mom told me to wear berrys, blues or some pinks.
I had my colors done too, and yes, it was about 30 years ago. 80% of people are Winters/Summers. I am an Autumn/Spring (There is usually some cross-over). But I am doing my AOTH in black.

My LQS owner doesn't like Kona black, she carries Maywood Studios black. It is a double-dyed, true Amish black that doesn't run or bleed, and it feels SO good! It is really beautiful, and I recommend you try it. See if your LQS will order some for you.
Sounds nice Gai, but I already have my Kona, so I will stick with that now.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:57 PM

Ladies,
did you know you can take the season test online? Check it out here: http://www.colormebeautiful.com/seasons/index.html

I am straight Autumn, which doesn't surprise me, I do love oranges, greens, browns and yellows, love fall colors, but really there isn't a color I don't like, well, except white maybe.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai

I had my colors done too, and yes, it was about 30 years ago. 80% of people are Winters/Summers. I am an Autumn/Spring (There is usually some cross-over). But I am doing my AOTH in black.
Oh my, Gai, was that 30 years ago... let's see 2011-1978=eeeks! 33 years ago. Oh dear, I had just found out I was pregnant with my 4th baby (my 2nd daughter) and now she just had her 4th in December 2010! My, how time does fly. LOL oh, and I am a winter. I bet I have that color swatch samples someplace buried around here. Or, I tossed it never thinking I could use it in quilting in 2011. LOL

:lol:
Old 02-02-2011, 02:06 PM

Thanks Candi, I am going to take my colour test now, never had oneof those.

Will come back and tell you what I am.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:07 PM

Candi, according to that test I am a Spring! I think I knew that, but hadn't thought about it for a long time, and now lots of people are talking about their colors!
Old 02-02-2011, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by candi
Ladies,
did you know you can take the season test online? Check it out here: http://www.colormebeautiful.com/seasons/index.html

I am straight Autumn, which doesn't surprise me, I do love oranges, greens, browns and yellows, love fall colors, but really there isn't a color I don't like, well, except white maybe.
Well I am Spring, torquoise, watermelon and salmon, never tried salmon colourway before, now what the heck would watermelon colour be? I am at a lose here. Help!! i do like blues all colours but not tried that salmon colour way, oh heck got to buy something just to see if it works LOL
Old 02-02-2011, 02:26 PM

ButterflySpain (not sure I have caught your first name yet, sorry!), watermelon, to me depends on which variety you are growing... LOL We grow watermelons at our farm and some are more pink or red than others. To me a watermelon is near salmon but maybe with more pink or red in it, kind of a softer color than salmon or red. Not sure that helps you. I believe Spring is my secondary season and I love the colors in that line also. :-D
Old 02-02-2011, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by candi
Ladies,

Candi, Thanks for posting the link! I love it, our color choices extend from our clothes to our homes to our quilting!!!

Elle, so you are a Spring too, no wonder I love your lemon yellow with batiks in pinks and purples, they are so pretty to me! :D