Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 104 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

Blog Entries

Another possibility

Or this maybe?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
    Oh Boy! Table runners! OOOOHH! A hunting I shall go thru my stash! Maybe make several & put aside for Christmas presents! Sulabug....don't you go shopping my stash again!! Time to break out the chocolate to nibble while hunting! Will post pictures of fabric later!
    Hi Cindy,
    What do you mean don't shop in your stash again? I live to far away from you to shop in your stash. What color's do you think you will use for this project? I just might have the same ones, we'll have to wait & see. Have fun picking out your fabric's, I can hardly wait to see what you are going to use!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lstew2212 View Post
    I am on board again, I have never made a table runner. I am going to look for train rides 1-3. I signed onto the board when train #4 left the station. Thanks Judy.
    I jumped on the train just before Stew. Haven't finished #4 but my blocks are done & actually had enough precut squares in my scrap cuts to do more than 1. Love them so far and all the finishing pieces are cut & ready to sew. Thanks Judy for such great stash busters!
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
    Hi Cindy,
    What do you mean don't shop in your stash again? I live to far away from you to shop in your stash. What color's do you think you will use for this project? I just might have the same ones, we'll have to wait & see. Have fun picking out your fabric's, I can hardly wait to see what you are going to use!!
    What I mean is that your stash & my stash are so close that I always see cloths in your projects that I have. At least I know who to go to if ever I'm short on something! I'll go explore my stash later today & post my colors.

Those are stunning colors for a runner .....love it!

I am happy to hear there are no rules about finishing one before starting the next. LOL I am still working on the one before the last one. And trying to get my "curved illusion" log cabin done up. So when I finish a round of the log cabin I go back to the mystery and on and on. Since my dog sleeps on our coffee table, she's a wee thing, I think the table runner will go to son. He has no goggies. Have to look for some more manly browns perhaps and toss in a blue. Hmmm thinking, thinking. LOL my dining room table will never be cleared enough for a runner. Guess what's on it. Rulers, gadgets and those sort of things need to be close at hand when I sew in the kitchen. I do have a dedicated room but like to be out here so I can watch two TV's. Is that bad ??? Have a great day. Retta from still way too cold Florida. Come on sun.

Blog Entries
    WhitePine, I like your idea of using Patriotic colors. I was just looking at our County Fair Floral Hall Schedule for 2013 and noticed a category for a Patriotic item; I think I will take this opportunity to get an item finished for that entry. Thanks for the idea. Definitely need to purchase a couple of fabrics.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

[QUOTE=jaba;5899412]I have 2 sets picked out that I think I am going to use. I love table runners and use them all the time in my kitchen, dining room, coffee table in the living room and in the enclosed patio on that table too. So fun. Change them for every season and every holiday I just think it adds a little something. And they make great gifts. Here's what I'm thinking for 2 runners:Attachment 399272Attachment 399273[/QUO

TE]

I love both of your fabric choices. Seeing your fabric choices has given me an idea for my fabric. Thanks
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowirish View Post
    How's this look ?
    I love the Halloween Idea, great fabric choices.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cat-on-a-mac View Post
    I also have no where to use a table runner .... but, I'm game to try this out anyway and maybe I'll have a gift to "stash" away for that unexpected housewarming or something. Off to my "cat-cave" to see what fabric combo I can come up with!

Thanks Judy for taking us all on another ride!
    Hey COAM, you could enlarge the runner a bit and have a "cat spot." You know the place where they always like to be...when they aren't interrupting your sewing!
    To those who want warm weather, you'll have to keep moving south. It is blasted cold here...the wind really bites! Mom comes home from hip replacement rehab and what a bummer to have it be so cold. Judy...I'm in for this one. Love, love, love table runners! They get finished!! Thanks for getting the train and brains working!
    Last edited by coopah; 03-03-2013 at 06:53 AM.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 7 of 104 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 57 ... LastLast