Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

Blog Entries
    Where is that like button? Wow, some nice choices for runners. I have not gotten on this yet, but we have not had to cut so I am still on time. Will be ready for Saturday. I have nothing else planned except quilting this weekend. Yeah!!! Ah, maybe some scrapbooking in there for a change of pace.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Judy,
    What is the finished size? I don't see it here. TY, Dotty
    Dotty in NYC

Blog Entries
    Oh I love the kitties in the bright colors, cute fabric.

I am on board, but I am currently on a search mission. I need to find the edge for the last train ride... I think it was the last one... It was a scrappy one. I lost my edges to finish off my stars. So I am hunting for the amount and sizes to cut... but I got pulled in on the current train. I am going to do a summer table topper. But before that I am going to finish the last two projects I picked up on this train ride. I love them, but find I bite off more than I can handle!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    mtl, the last directions were on page 62 on my computer. http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...209515-64.html I think it's post # 634. We are going to be making some pretty table runners. There are so many wonderful fabrics. I WILL NOT rethink mine.
    Last edited by irishrose; 03-06-2013 at 04:47 PM. Reason: change #

Coopah , go to your picture on your ipad and hit edit on top left you will then have options on the bottom of screen to crop picture, select crop then either do manually or hit constrain and pick a size. I did manually although its big it was half the allowable size.

ok I found I could make like fifteen runner.. do I want this one.. or that one.. so i am making two for Christmas gifts. these are my choices and nope I did not abcd them crud will tell you in one second!
    Name:  twinrivers quilt in progress 016.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  729.3 KB
    Name:  mystery 4.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  702.9 KB
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

got it the only one limited is the green one which is a 1/4 yrd the rest are a yard and up.. so good to go no matter how i mix them.
    Linda

Anybody know what size the runner will be? A hint please........
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Mary O View Post
    Anybody know what size the runner will be? A hint please........
    Judy just posted a couple of pages ago that the size can be determined later in the mystery

Seems like many of us are experiencing snow and cold weather. So, can we take this train ride to a nice calm warm place? I'm sure this train goes through oceans too, so lets pick a nice island. I sill need to pick fabrics. Hopefully soon.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Sunlover, for the photo sizing tip. Love all the fabrics being chosen...these are going to be some good tablerunners. OK...tried the resizing, Sun, if you see this...I can't get the 3 x 5 to fit or 4 x 6...did you go to 2 x 3 or???? Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by coopah; 03-07-2013 at 05:48 AM.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Love the colour choices I'm seeing. I have two picked out, but not sure about the Christmas focus fabric -- the design might be too large--the mouse and angel are about 2-3/4" tall. On the second set, the stars, you can't see them but there are small medium blue stars throughout the fabric and the background is navy, not black as it show up here. Trying to decide between the D light blue -- patterned or not? Thoughts anyone?
    Name:  Mystery train 5a.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  145.6 KB

Name:  Mystery train 5b.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  131.2 KB
    The third one is also a possibility -- it might be a bit too wild.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Belfrybat; 03-07-2013 at 05:45 AM.

I do have do have any Christmas fabrics in my stash.
    Thanks to every one here.

I used the 3x5 but then I also did some manual cropping. I picked my size then I took the corners of the picture and made the picture smaller again by moving them in. For me it was trial and error whether it would fit, but this was my first time posting a picture. As you can see by my picture it is still overly large but it was less than maximum download size so it worked. I am going to see if there is an app like photoshop to do it better and let you know.

Blog Entries
    Way too excited for this train ride!! I've been making my DMIL table runners using ....., making them into large pot holders - lol!, but they are great for family get togethers! I had bought some "Happy Birthday" fabric for my next table runner but had pushed it aside .... so no excuses now! So excited as all fabrics are from my stash! Name:  quilts 002.JPG
Views: 424
Size:  365.5 KB

Thanks Judy! Just want to let you know how much fun I have had since joining your Mystery Train Rides and that I appreciate all the effort you have put into each of them!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    ok I found I could make like fifteen runner.. do I want this one.. or that one.. so i am making two for Christmas gifts. these are my choices and nope I did not abcd them crud will tell you in one second!
    Name:  twinrivers quilt in progress 016.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  729.3 KB
    Name:  mystery 4.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  702.9 KB
    LOVE these fabrics!! They are stunning!

Oh Boy!! Another Train Ride Mystery!! I'm getting on the train a bit late, as I "missed the start of the train" since I am out of town! We are RVing in Arizona for Spring Training.

I won't be back till the end of March, so can't go through my stash for my fabrics for this quilt till then.

I'll be up in the observation deck, watching the rest of you!!!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Good morning, all.

Ok, here is what I need to say about fabric choices:

First of all, all the fabrics posted since I was on yesterday are great. But I am still having a problem with scale -- You have to remember this is a runner, it will have smaller pieces. So, that said, think about how those huge scale fabrics will end up -- for the most part, you will not see the pattern, and if it is abusy print with lots of colors, it will end up looking like ...not sure if you could call it scrappy.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Blog Entries
    This mystery train also has mystery tracks, and it can go wherever it wants. So I'm with Sustraley, let's all imagine a railroad bridge south to a warm, sunny island. Not too sandy, don't want to mess up our fabric.

I've never had any trouble uploading pictures but now I can't. (new computer, windows 8, ) I'll keep trying an hopefully make it by Saturday.

Some of us may have to rethink our fabric choices after we get our cutting instructions. The poinsettias in my main fabric are 1 1/2 - 2" If we are cutting tiny pieces I will choose different fabric.

I'm along for the ride, but just observing. I work at a quilt store and I'm working on three samples for them right now. My fun sewing gets put on hold when I sew for them and getting paid. It gives me more money to buy fabrics. I love every ones choices of fabrics.
    gmaybee

I've watched these mysteries & they look like alot of fun. I'm heading off on Sat. for a guild sewing day, but if the cutting directions are posted early enough (which is a good bet as I'm in PST) I'll try & get some of it printed out before I leave. My kangaroo paw flower fabric is some my Sis bought me years ago from Australia, so it's time it was used in something pretty. Name:  mystery fabrics001 (Small).JPG
Views: 348
Size:  44.0 KB
    Last edited by thimblebug6000; 03-07-2013 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
    Way too excited for this train ride!! I've been making my DMIL table runners using ....., making them into large pot holders - lol!, but they are great for family get togethers! I had bought some "Happy Birthday" fabric for my next table runner but had pushed it aside .... so no excuses now! So excited as all fabrics are from my stash! Name:  quilts 002.JPG
Views: 424
Size:  365.5 KB

Thanks Judy! Just want to let you know how much fun I have had since joining your Mystery Train Rides and that I appreciate all the effort you have put into each of them!
    Gretchen--I love your fabric choices!

ok mine has a larger print however I was hoping to lose the print and end up with the color which will read at least in the first one mostly red/gold. I am not hot on the prints so much as the color (squint your eye what do you see thingy). Especially the larger the print if I wanted a cheater medallion heck even I can figure that one out. hence why I am coming here. that said will they work? I have floral options non Christmas.. I have country choices.. I have fall choices the options go on and on but know two people who like "elegant" Christmas (ie with glitz) and these fit the bill. plus I seriously am building up my holiday gifts right now. less heart attack later on.

On to good weather. we were to have the storm of the century the other day.. pitzy rain nada. no snow nothing. today supposed to be slightly cloudy. went to the market. got out snow flurries like no tomorrow wipers are not cutting it. ah hell. two wheel drive only cause IT WASNT GOING TO SNOW. I am now the official weather forcaster and will poke my head outside check out the thermometor and if its like 35 or so and cloudy I will predict SNOW. who needs meteoroligists? sheeesh again. my hands are still icy cold. what did I wear? short sleeve t and a fleece shirt, no socks just mocks.. heck its JUST CLOUDY... ash I sit under my warm down comforter soon to be warm again. I say we go to Akumal Mexico, its gorgeous few people like that song the beach boys sang down in cocomo grove? something like that.. yup thats what it is. private lagoon, monsterous iguanas.. big big fish, wonderful warm water sun rises OUT of the ocean and sets in the jungle.. oh yes. Know the place.. train stop there anyone? iguanas by the way run when they see you but look so cool sunning on the rocks. I am all about that. and grasshoppers as big as your hand.. way cool. gorgeous butterlies, birds oh come on burmuda, jamaica, come on I wanna take ya.. (your singing it I know it! I heard you!)
    Linda

Blog Entries
    at Elisabrat's Avatar.
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast