Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonnie Hunter "Easy Street" thread?

Blog Entries
    Washed, ironed and ready to go. Just waiting for the grey to arrive.

I never prewash, but found some $1 fat quarters at Joann's this weekend to add to the stash. I decided to wash everything so that they would play nice together. Joann's also has the suggested rulers on sale for 50% off. I think the prices are good through the weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

JeanieG I love your fabrics, wish I was joining you on this one but sadly I have to pass, just too too much to finish.
    Karen

Fraew-I like your grey. I'm afraid to wash those fat quarters as I worry I'll lose too much material with fraying. Anyone have some suggestions? I'll take a pic of mine soon.
    The Potomac Quilter
    Innova 26 with Lightning Stitch and Autopilot

Jeanie & Fraew...what beautiful colors. Last week I was dreaming about cutting into the bright colors to see how they would play against each other. I'm still dreaming...quite literally. Last night dreamt that the next step was to....no I better not say or someone will get mixed up and do it that way instead of the real way.
    xtgirl...if you really want to wash, you can do them by hand in the sink. That would be gentle enough to avoid most fraying. I've also heard that putting them in a pillowcase in the regular wash helps. I've never done either.

Bonnie is having a Quilt cam for those of you who watch them today at 2pm Eastern time. I will be working on my Step 1 while watching her this afternoon.
    Brooke

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtgirl View Post
    Fraew-I like your grey. I'm afraid to wash those fat quarters as I worry I'll lose too much material with fraying. Anyone have some suggestions? I'll take a pic of mine soon.
    Thanks. I had a nice sized ball of thread after washing but they were almost all fat quarters. I even washed some layer cake pieces...glad I did because they shrunk to 9.25 x 9.75!!!!

I would also like to hear some tricks to minimize fraying; delicates netted bag didn't work any better for me.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

My fabric

This is not the best picture. Here are my fabrics. I am making half the size since this is my first myster quilt. The greens didn't turn out the true colors.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 

These are my color choices. Some of my purples are quite blue..hope that ends up working. I think I'm going to start by making half to hope that I can stick with it. When will part 2 go up so I can give myself a deadline?
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    The Potomac Quilter
    Innova 26 with Lightning Stitch and Autopilot

Wow, what beautiful color choices everyone. Xtgirl - she will post the updates on Friday mornings.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Yes, gorgeous choices Xtgirl

Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast