Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Civil War Journals BOM

Blog Entries

Civil War Journals BOM

I just seen Craft town fabrics.com has the Civil war Journals bom posted for $27.50 a month that is the cheapest I have seen so far.

http://www.primitivegatherings.us/sh...roductId=10407

Blog Entries
    http://civilwarquilts.blogspot.com/ Here is a free one, for BOW. Sign up and they will send it via e-mail.

Blog Entries
    That is a beautiful quilt

that is an amazing quilt!

PegD, thanks for this link.

Nice link. I will definately check this out! JellyBelly your quilt is wonderful!

Is anyone else making this quilt?

I started the Civil War Journals quilt last week. I'm making 1 regular bed size quilt, and 5 wallhanging quilts, which will be sent to family members. I'd love to hear from you if you're making this quilt! I'm buying my BOM from https://www.quiltsrjewels.com/store/...129beb171b3336 Her price is $25/month with no registration fee!

Technically I'm making 2 quilt kits total. I'm making the 5 wallhangings using the BOM coming from quiltsrjewels. But I decided to buy the second quilt kit from http://www.lonestarmercantile.blogspot.com/ She sells the whole kit for $232 (scroll down to the Dec. 5th blog to find the Civil War Journals.)

I'm honoring my great, great grandfather James Monroe. He enlisted 6 Jul. 1861 in Company D, 4th Iowa Infantry. He fought in the battles of Chickasaw Bayou; Arkansas Post; First and Second battles of Jackson, Mississippi; Champion Hill; Siege of Vicksburg; Brandon, Mississippi; Chattanooga; Mission Ridge; In the Atlanta Campaign and in the battles of Jonesboro & Savannah. He was wounded in the head by a piece of shell at Chickasaw Bayou and was shot through the clothing at Vicksburg.

Name:  02.jpg
Views: 1344
Size:  286.8 KB Name:  03.jpg
Views: 1411
Size:  365.7 KB

These are the layouts I'll be using to make the wallhanging quilts. The white blocks will be photo transfers, I have a photo of James Monroe, and I thought I'd include photos taken from the battlegrounds back in 1865.

Please let me know if you're making the Civil War Journals quilt, I'd love to find some buddies. :~)

Civil War Journals quilt

I love this BOM it has 2 choices included with the pattern. You can make the full quilt, or directions are included to make 4 smaller quilts. Here's a photo of the bed-size quilt...

Name:  civilwarquilt-complete.jpg
Views: 1226
Size:  186.5 KB

And here are the smaller quilts, all the photos you see here are what are included in the pattern directions:

Name:  civilwarquilt1.jpg
Views: 1232
Size:  57.8 KB Name:  civilwarquilt2.jpg
Views: 1173
Size:  66.4 KB

Name:  civilwarquilt3.jpg
Views: 1113
Size:  69.6 KBName:  civilwarquilt4.jpg
Views: 1174
Size:  86.9 KB

(I rearranged these blocks to come up with quilts with photo transfers, they are the photos you see in my first post.)

This is month 3, how is everyone doing? I'll be sewing this weekend and thought I'd say 'hey!'. :~)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast