Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Civil War Journals BOM >

Civil War Journals BOM

Civil War Journals BOM

Old 03-22-2012, 05:23 PM

Nice! Wish I had the nerve to try one.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Christine- View Post
This is month 3, how is everyone doing? I'll be sewing this weekend and thought I'd say 'hey!'. :~)
Hi
I am done with Jan and Feb blocks. As you know, LOL, I ran into a glitch with Feb BOM as part of my directions were missing...once that was resolved I finished them.

March/Month 3 is just sewing together what you already made in Months 1 and 2.

I am kind of disappointed as I was planning on making the one larger quilt and, for once, keeping it for ourselves...but I don't like the way the blocks look when put together, per directions, for the large quilt. So I have changed my mind and am going to make the four smaller quilts. However, I will be enhancing each as I go along to make them larger and to make me like them more. LOL

I seldom follow directions anyway, so why start now? LOL :-)
Old 03-31-2012, 06:55 AM

I'm sewing blocks for the Civil War Journals quilt this weekend! I need to figure out how to make photo transfers so I can start incorporating photos into my quilt.

Last edited by Christine-; 03-31-2012 at 07:00 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by T-Anne View Post
Hi
I am kind of disappointed as I was planning on making the one larger quilt and, for once, keeping it for ourselves...but I don't like the way the blocks look when put together, per directions, for the large quilt.
Hi Anne, When I reconfigured my smaller quilts I enlarged and printed the photo of the large quilt. Then I cut the blocks apart and played with them until I found a combination I liked. I want to add the photos of my grandfather and some of the battles he fought in. Let me know what you decide to do when you enhance your blocks??? I love new ideas.

http://quiltdasher.blogspot.com/
Old 04-05-2012, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Christine- View Post
Hi Anne, When I reconfigured my smaller quilts I enlarged and printed the photo of the large quilt. Then I cut the blocks apart and played with them until I found a combination I liked. I want to add the photos of my grandfather and some of the battles he fought in. Let me know what you decide to do when you enhance your blocks??? I love new ideas.

http://quiltdasher.blogspot.com/
Hi Christine, I did go back and do two more blocks for both January and February. I am not do doing the March package at this time. Then, I put it all away in my fabric/project storage area and my plan now is to do the new blocks as they arrive each month. Then when I have a few more months done I will re-evaluate and decide if I am doing the one large one or the four smaller quilts. In the meantime I am working on the other projects I have started. :-) Main thing is to have fun and enjoy quilting!
Old 04-05-2012, 10:54 AM

I have completed the first three months and doing it according to the instructions. Love the colors used in the pattern and do not see that it is too busy...better than I expected at first. l will continue on, waiting to see the pictures of what others have done. Its like opening up a new gift every month, and seeing what it looks like or following the instructions to see what the finished part looks like!!

Yes, I am busy with life in general and other projects, but had to say "Hello" here.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:53 PM

Oooo, I was in fabric heaven this morning. I stopped by Lone Star Mercantile this morning http://www.lonestarmercantile.blogspot.com/ It's a shop that sells only reproduction fabrics, wool and antiques. She had a ton, and I mean a TON of fat quarters at $1.50. Have you ever wanted to lie down in fabric and just smother yourself? This fabric shop is unlike any I've ever seen. ALL the patterns, books, fabrics, wool fabrics, rug hooking and antiques focus on the 1800's. She teaches wool rug hooking, and she has a large number of clients that hook beautiful pieces. This is a wallhanging, very small, and wouldn't it be perfect leaning on a bookshelf?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]326170[/ATTACH]
... and this is a small rug. [ATTACH=CONFIG]326171[/ATTACH]
I just might have to learn rug hooking, it's lovely artwork.

They were holding 1 more Civil War Journals quilt kit for me and I picked it up today. This second kit is for the bedsize quilt. The first 'kit' I started in January, and is coming as a BOM, for the 4 smaller quilts... although I've broken up those blocks, added photo transfer blocks and they'll make 5 smaller quilts now.

Happy sewing this week!
Attached Thumbnails newpunch2.jpg   rugupdate%25u00252b002.jpg  
Old 05-22-2012, 06:34 PM

Hi Everyone,
Haven't heard a peep from anyone on their progress on this BOM so thought I would stop by and inquire!

I just got this months BOM in the mail and haven't opened it yet, but am anxious to do so. I have made all the blocks so far but have not made a decision on what I am doing with them...one quilt, several quilts, who knows! :-)
Old 05-22-2012, 07:09 PM

Guess I will have to photo what I have done and post it...rec'd fabric and new pattern for third and fourth month and have not looked at them. Do have the first blocks done and its the center of the big quilt done. Looking for photos of others (who have done this) when I stopped by here.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:50 AM

Oh yes please! Post photos! I'd love to see them.