Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012

Blog Entries
    Sheri...LOL....I've been called a lot of things, but DJ pro is NOT one of them! LOL!! We are referring to specific blocks with the letter/number. All the blocks in the quilt are assigned a row letter....A-M (13 rows), then all columns are assigned #'s 1-13 (13 columns)....so its like reading a map. M13 is the bottom right hand corner.

Glad to see so many wanting to join and I do hope that ALL of you finish the quilt! Don't look at the entire project, just do 1 block at a time and you'll get to the end. I would start with the easier ones too...:D

G-6 is one of the blocks in Lesson 3 on the CD. Going through the lessons is a great way to get acquainted with the various techniques used in constructing the blocks and gives you some practice before the December start-up date.

that is why klue did the Christmas DJ block swap, so we could get our feet wet, and get a feel for the blocks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmortherest
    that is why klue did the Christmas DJ block swap, so we could get our feet wet, and get a feel for the blocks
    ******* ;) *************
    I checked into that one, looks like it was a great swap!

Blog Entries
    all you ladies be smart, and check out how others did the block. maybe even look it up on 'that quilt' before you start making them. by looking where the other ladies put their seams, sure helped me out. especially on the triangles. it's do-able, if you just take it one block at a time. don't think about the whole thing.

Yes, this is definitely what I need to get me started again. Can't wait :) count me in.

Blog Entries
    I am so glad you are starting a 2nd DJ Block Party. I have the book, software, rulers, main fabric and a ton of scraps. I will definitely be joining this group. 3 blocks a week sounds doable. I was thinking of doing my DJ as a trip-around-the world and starting with the center block and then doing each round in a different color; similar to the original DJ. I will still be working on my AOTH and I have 2 family quilts to make during the first of the year. I may be slow but I definitely want to participate. :) :) :)

Count me in. I need group support.
    What I make with my hands, I give with my heart.

Super Member pastimesquiltdesign's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd love to join, Bought the book a couple years ago and have done nothing with it.
    Happy quilting to all of my new friends on the quilting board http://pastimesquiltdesign.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    what a great idea! I would love to finish my JS that is if I can find this site again. what a frustrating forum. I do not like it at all.

Bettia
    God is so big He can cover the whole world with his Love, and so small He can curl up inside your heart.

Page 12 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 62 ... LastLast