Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Farmere Wife Sampler WEEK4 Blocks 7&8 Discussion page

Here we go week 4 underway.
    Muriel

Blog Entries
    May I be the first to say it in this official thread...the Birds in the Air block was..."for the birds"? LOL! Thankfully, by paper piecing it, it worked...whew! This one was my first block that was really tricky!

where can we get pp direction or the papers

Ughh....I'm still working on 5 & 6!

I officially nominate myself for chairperson of the Slackers Club!

Akangel, move over!

oh no, this is my throne, I will NOT share. PUUUUSSSHHH
    Stefani AAHHHH, Queen again.
    Muriel

Toward the bottom of this page is a PDF link to different sizes of paper gridded HST. The 1 inch one is what I used to make my Birds in the Air. These files are good to save in a folder under quilt patterns as they are used in other blocks as well. They are from Block Central but I couldn't find them on that site. Unfortunately, any odd size squares have to be drafted.

http://www.bellaonline.org/articles/art10208.asp

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by donnap
    where can we get pp direction or the papers
    You have to either have a computer program to help you or you have to draft your own. You can use any paper you would normally use for paper piecing. Good luck to you! I use EQ but I know there are different programs that work equally well.

wow I guess I finally caught up! so.... I NEED to know??? how are all of you pressing you seams??? that birds in the air I just couldnt decide which way to go???

Quote Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
    wow I guess I finally caught up! so.... I NEED to know??? how are all of you pressing you seams??? that birds in the air I just couldnt decide which way to go???
    I'm pressing a lot of mine open to avoid big lumps. I always do this on anything that is angled because I know that probably both ends of the angle will be sewn into other seams; this makes for too much bulk, which is especially obvious in such small blocks. It would be so much easier if I could just press them all to one side, though, and I do that ... to the darkest side ... wherever I can do so without "bulking" up the block.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie
    Quote Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
    I'm pressing a lot of mine open to avoid big lumps. I always do this on anything that is angled because I know that probably both ends of the angle will be sewn into other seams; this makes for too much bulk, which is especially obvious in such small blocks. It would be so much easier if I could just press them all to one side, though, and I do that ... to the darkest side ... wherever I can do so without "bulking" up the block.

I agree with weezie! That's just what I'm doing as well...some of these littlbe buggers just have to be pressed open!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast