Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 04-29-2017, 04:56 PM

Bev, Even though he didn't finish completely, it must be nice having things getting 'back to normal.'
Old 04-30-2017, 12:59 AM

For my Birthday Mike had me call the Brownwood store & order a bolt of Moda Black last week. We drove up there today to pick it up. (She sells Moda black for 6.99 a yard.)
I watched an older movie in the afternoon. (Support your Local Sheriff) Then I sewed a bit.
In the evening DH took me out to eat for supper. We had some lovely Tex-Mex! It was our first time to eat at this restaurant. It was on the square. I had chicken Fajitas w/o the tortillas & DH had the Chilli Relleno Plate.
Then we came home & watched 4 episodes of Star Trek Voyager & I sewed while watching it.
The only frustrating thing is the installer didn't come to finish up the trim. I can't put the furniture back in the house till he finishes up. Grrrrr.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:18 AM

Sorry, the floor guy did not finish yet. When he wants his pay bad enough, he will be back to finish up. Glad you had a good day, Dublb.

It is a cold, rainy day again here...drizzles all day for the last three days and today is more of the same. Good quilting weather...and crock pot meals. May the sun shine on you all.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:04 AM
Power Poster

I didn't realize you had a birthday yesterday, Bev... Happy Belated Birthday! I'm glad you enjoyed your day.
Old 04-30-2017, 08:29 AM

QNS, same weather here. You've inspired me-- I'll put something in my crock pot. Did you know, but I never had one, and wanted to try one all my life? You girls talking about easy and tasty meal from the crock pot got me looking at my local Goodwill. I bought one recently for $5 there. It works great. I should have bought one long ago! Don't the meals make a nice scent in the house, just as if you have food in the oven!

Yes, Happy birthday, Bev! It sounds like you had a cozy time, with nice things happening.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:19 PM

Givio, I use the liners in the crock pot and clean up is a breeze. Take out the food and liner, and wipe out the crock pot! Most times I use the Dutch Oven cast iron pot on low heat on the stove...does the same thing.

I am addicted to Super Brownies ...DH chewy fudge brownies...add mini chips, small pkg of chocolate pudding, chocolate syrup and top with caramel syrup streaks. Sometimes I frost it; sometimes I don't. A small piece is a great fix for my chocolate satisfaction. Happy belated Birthday, Dublb.

Rain is gone, tomorrow and all week will be sunny! Sewing S&W rows, one stitch at a time. Hope I have enough octagon pieces, I cannot find that fabric now. Everything else in it, yes., but not the main Hibiscus fabric. So much for getting organized.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:06 PM
Power Poster

NS, could you have sent that fabric to one of us? I don't think I have it, but it might help if you post a photo of it so we can all look.

I'm using some of your gift fabric in a quilt I'm making right now... a pale pink floral.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:47 PM
Power Poster

FYI...no hibiscus fabric here..I hate it when I misplace stuff...the twins' quilts are coming along...Will take a photo later tonight...supposed to be wet and cold until midweek...raining now...have some more office work to do first.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:05 AM

No, I do not think I sent any of it out. It is here somewhere. Have lots more to move out to get it under control. I am progressing on UFOs, which is great.

Weather here has cleared through a week from the coming Tuesday. It will hit 60 degrees on Tuesday and Thursday this week.

DH will clean out the hen house today. I will sew on the S&W, creating the rest of each row. I want it finished in a week. Setting deadlines for myself, so I will get things done. Also have a lovely mini quilt hanging on my wall in the QR to encourage a forward movement...made by another QB member...who does them so well.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:49 AM

DSonIL came last night. He has an interview for a job in this area. I am so hoping that they can come here & live.
We had a real nice evening as we sat outside & talked while the hummingbirds flew around us trying to get to the 2 feeders.