Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 117 of 119 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 116 117 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 2961

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Blog Entries
    So sorry to hear of your loss, QNS. May you spend the time mourning, but remembering the good times you had with her.

Meanwhile it's as thick as pea soup out. 80 degree temperature swing from 40 below on Wednesday to 41 when we drove into HS omelet breakfast at noon. Bitter cold snow and warm air temps equal fog. I can't believe how much snow melted. Have all receipts for EOY corralled in files! Not much sewtime.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Very sorry, Sue. I wish they had thought to contact you. I found out about my cousinís death on Facebook! I contacted her daughter to ask what happened and give condolences, and she never answered.

Sorry you lost a loved quilting friend.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I talked to Susan's Husband last night, and he told me all the details, so the Lord took her home and she is not feeling bad any more. She was a loving sharing, giving person, always positive and I have great memories of her. O! the miles we shared on a bus tour and to Michigan and quilt shops I will remember forever. Actually, her death was like my Grandmother's experience of the bowel slipping down into the rupture and not functioning right. My DGM had good surgeons in Iowa City and survived. Susan did not after the routine of them looking into it to see with the scope what was wrong. ( Her motion sickness got her to vomiting backed up into her lungs, cutting off her air) and Mr. Susan said he was all cried out last night, and is starting to look at details he needs to do this week and is beginning to face the future knowing what ever he does, Susan is gone. Grief period is different for each of us, but he is making progress toward healing. A lady has already volunteered to make each grand and great child a teddy bear from her clothing.

Onward in my day, 7 more blocks to finish my Christmas block son the Burgoyne Surrounded quilt top. Have a good week, let your friends know how much you think of them and appreciate them.

I was in Bandera Yesterday. It is a couple hour drive. Actually I drove to Kerrville, to where my DF & her DH are camping. The the 3 of us went to Bandera. It was so fun. First we went to a museum then we ate at a BBQ restaurant. After that we went to a LQS & then shopped at the unique shops that were there. Mostly we went to antique shops. My DF & I now know what a counterpane is. There were 2 of 'em at the museum.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Can't wait to see your Christmas Burg Sur, Sue.

Bev, glad you had such a fun day. Were the counterpanes crocheted squares, joined together? That's what I think of as a counterpane.
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html

This was one of the counterpanes. It is the more intricate of the 2. I'm not sure why I didn't get a pict of the other one.
    Bev

I just love this version of a Lilly Block. (It's now on my bucket list.)

This basket block quilt looks to me like it has a version of a Baptist Fan quilting pattern.

I love this Signature quilt!

Isn't this sewing machine just darling. I wish it had a bit more care but I still love it.

I love this one also. It uses a shuttle boat bobbin. I also wish this one was in better condition but loved seeing it.

This Yo-yo quilt was at an antique shop. It was 120 X 85. The tag said that it was circa 30's or 40's. If I ever get around to making a Yo-yo quilt this a lot like I want it to look like.
    Bev

OH, the museum also had a Minnesota Treadle sewing machine. The thing is we couldn't get the cabinet opened up so that we could see it. One of the curator's tried & tried to get it opened up so we could see it. The top would only open up about 4 or 5 inches. We did use DF's phone as a flash light so that we could see what kind of sewing machine it was. It was mounted backwards. I don't know if that was why it wouldn't open or not.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the antique quilt show, Bev!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Beautiful counterpane... it and all the other quilts are in such good condition for their age.

Too bad they didn't take as much care with the machines. Looks like they pulled them out of the barn after 100 years... But you're right, it was cool just to see them.

The yoyo quilt is really pretty.

Thank you for the photos, Bev!

Those are great photos Bev! Thank you so much for sharing!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Thanks, Bev for sharing. Very interesting place.

QNS, I'm sorry for your loss. Grief is different for different people, and how we might do something, others may not. :-(

Bev, thanks for showing those pictures. It must have been a very interesting place to see! Right up our alley with quilts and sewing machines!

I have been quilting #3DNiece's Quilt.

These picts were taken earlier in the day. I now have 1/3 of the quilt done.
    Bev

Bev, that is looking wonderful! I still only do SITD, or trace something on the border to follow! Don't think I'll ever get the hang of FMQ!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Pretty quilt with great quilting, Bev. Is it a rail fence quilt?

Well the blocks were 2 rectangles sewn together to make a square. Then they were set on point. Everyone of the squares have a grey rectangle. Then there is enough of each color that when they are set on point, it zigzags down the quilt w/grey zigzaging in between each color. Clear as mud?
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Clearer than mud...sounds like a neat quilt. How do you like quilting on the minky type backing?
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

We are snow bound again. We did get out Saturday morning and get enough chicken feed to carry us at least 15 days or more. DH had a hard time getting the car back into the garage, because of so much ice on the drive. Snow came on top of the snow and more is due in today and tonight from snow storm Maya. Nadia comes in on the weekend to give us another 1-3 inches of snow.

Wonderful sew time. Working on Burg* surrounded Christmas blocks. Changed the center part to a 5 1/2 inch square and loving it. Decided not to do any strip between the blocks, which might mean one extra block across and down the quilt in each row.

Take care everyone; it is still winter here, one storm after another. Snow is fine, but ice makes it very dangerous to step out of the house.

Sue; I love the idea of your Christmas Burg Surround. I am looking forward to seeing your finished quilt. Wow that is a lotta snow. We haven't had any this year. I"m glad you are sewing & not getting out in it.

OK, the Minkie does drag a li'le bit. It took a whole row to get used to it. I surely wouldn't get it quilted w/o my quilting gloves.
    Bev

Wow Sue, that's a lot of snow and ice. Good reason to stay in the house!

Bev, I'm scared to try quilting with Minkie on the back. Yours looks wonderful, tho.

Blog Entries
    They're talking 6-10 inches of the white stuff here..Just couple in the previous one. The blowing snow will be more treacherous than the actual amounts. Guess I'll have a snow day tomorrow...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    Bev, that is looking wonderful! I still only do SITD, or trace something on the border to follow! Don't think I'll ever get the hang of FMQ!
    I'm not great at FMQ. Just so-so. I have learned that no matter how bad I am at it, when it is washed it looks great. It just takes practice. Also even going as slow as I am using the minkie, it is still faster'n SID.
    Bev

Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
    Wow Sue, that's a lot of snow and ice. Good reason to stay in the house!

Bev, I'm scared to try quilting with Minkie on the back. Yours looks wonderful, tho.
    I love it that I can glue baste the top to the Minkie & have no need for batting. When I have blue basted anything w/the wool batting I have, it moved as the wool is a mid to high loft batting. All that thickness kept shifting. (I didn't have the same trouble w/spray basting. Go figure.) Anyway since I can't spray baste at the moment, the Minkie w/the glue is a good substitute.
    Also if ya have a good edge to edge quilt pattern that has no backtracking ya can quilt it w/the Minkie on top. There is no drag that way. I am using the seam lines as a guide for my quilting this time so I have to do it w/the flimsy on top.
    Bev

Good minkie tips, Bev! I think your quilting looks great. Didn't realize you weren't using batting with the minkie, but it makes sense, as it has it's own loft.

Page 117 of 119 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 116 117 118 ... LastLast