Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 04-16-2018, 06:30 PM

SBG, I will have to look there for for lovely quilt you have finished.

Givio, I hate ice storms that are so heavy, they break down tree limbs and cause power outages.

Dublb, I hope your garden produces well this year. And I hope your Mother will enjoy her house.

Yes, I got a 'few' more things today; its the last week The Sampler will be open which is sad, but I know Carol will enjoy her retirement too. I always have sewn using the knit ribbing and she had the price of $1.00 on each bolt, so it all came home with me. as well as one book (for quilter 65) and two bolts of fabric...less than $$ I have ever spent there. She will price the four foot adjustable table to me later. I can yea or nay then.

We enjoyed our lunch at one the best tenderloin cafes in Iowa. I got an extra one take out for supper tonight. My career long friend came to visit us on Saturday and she really enjoyed the lunch as she likes tenderloin almost as much as I do. I have her starting quilts for her two grandchildren every time she comes up! Love children's quilts from DGM, so I encourage her every time she comes up. She leaves tomorrow, but we have had a productive visit and had fun too.

Dh is getting ready for the ten ducks coming in next week and the week of 12th of May, we will overload our chicken shed with 15 more chicks. 5 Black Jersey Giants , 5 White Jersey Giants and 5 Buff Orpingtons. He had remembered his Mother having Black Jersey Giants and wanted to own some, so we ordered with others 'cause they will not ship less than 15 chicks. I guess we will dress out the extras before next winter.

Snow Sunday, sunshine today; tomorrow will be in the 50s. Have a good week.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:34 PM
Power Poster

What fun to have your friend stay over, QNS! I so enjoy when mine come for an afternoon like they did on Wednesday. Chicks are soo cute! DIL has some Buff O's too. Love fresh eggs....ohhh a fresh custard sounds good...maybe a good midnight snack!

Crazy ponies is off the frame...now a trim and then binding. I have several photos to take...just haven't found the time.

going to go check the latest SBG finish....night all.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:19 AM

DM's house in Midland had closed. She has come down here & the house here in Brady closed yesterday. She has till the 25th to get outta the Midland house. I will take her back tomarrow & the movers will come on to pack up then they will leave on Tues. They have another stop so they will get here on Wed. We are gonna start painting today. We are gonna try to get the bedroom done first.
Old 04-21-2018, 01:31 PM
Power Poster

Such a good feeling for you to have those closings all said and done! And it will be so good to have Mom settled and nearby. Are you in a better situation with rain than they are in Midland? Just so much dry weather in the SW right now.

I worked today...last customer was a young 30 something that just loves to sew. She has an aunt that is her mentor as her mom passed away 10 years ago. She's just sweet gal and so nice to see a young someone excited about creating in fabric!
Old 04-21-2018, 07:50 PM
Power Poster

Bev, I know you’ll be glad to get your Mom all moved and settled in, closer to you. Hope all goes well with that.

I just returned from the Paducah show, which was amazing! Mind-blowing quilts and... (drumroll please)... I bought a long arm in a sit down table!! A Juki QVP! So excited to be able to quilt easier and better (eventually!)
Old 04-21-2018, 09:04 PM

OH! Sewbiz! That is so exciting! I know you will do wonderful things w/ that new machine!
Old 04-22-2018, 06:20 AM

SBG, Looking forward to seeing pictures of your sewing room now! :-)
Old 04-22-2018, 08:42 AM

How exciting SBG! I; hope you spent hours enjoying your new LA.Waiting for pictures, holding my breath. Judy Martin flavors the Juki sewing machine.

Progress on Spring clean up! Packing up boxes to ship after the 1st of the month. A very clean QR and guest room, with a ton of fabric out of them. Going through the light, medium and dark to balance out the boxes. So many empty totes and boxes, it looks great. Sent friend home with a ton of it, then teased her where the best fabric bargains were located. Its all downhill to the finish. This goes here, that goes there...
Old 04-22-2018, 12:45 PM
Power Poster

Thank you everyone! I’m not home yet... made it back to my daughter’s in Memphis. I go home tomorrow. Can’t wait to get the machine set up and try it out!
Old 04-23-2018, 03:27 PM

if you have not seen this quilt in the pictures...take at look at Quilter 65 latest quilt: Feathered Star Stack and Whack Style