Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 128 of 139 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 127 128 129 138 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 3459

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Well I have been a slug today. LOL I had a bad night. It usually takes me along time to go to sleep after driving I finally wound down at about 1:00. Wouldn't ya know it? An Axis buck started hollering from out in my yard. Now if ya haven't heard an Axis buck holler it is a terrible sound. It sounds like they are dying. It is a horrible sound. I thought it was caught in the electric fence. I got up & went out on the deck to look down. Well the deck was wet w/dew so I got my socks wet & the fence was just fine. I guess I kinda scared it for a bit as it got quite. I changed my socks & went back to bed. About the time I started dozing it started screaming again. Alright, DH says it is it's call but gosh it's awful. If I had been sound asleep I don't think I would have heard it. DH got up & went downstairs. He turned on the motion detector light that he forgot to turn on before he went to bed. That buck left then & I was able go to sleep. DH wasn't able to go back to sleep after that. Boy were we both dragging this morning. About all I have done today is play a lotta Solitaire on the computer.
    Last edited by dublb; 05-05-2019 at 05:05 PM.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

I did a lot around the house yesterday so I could be gone most of today sewing. I was able to get 2 more FW 30s blocks completed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those blocks are beautiful, Carrie.

I am about to embark on making a bunch of pillowcases for a domestic abuse shelter. Someone donated a lot of fabric to me for charity use, so I'm going to try and use a lot of that.

I have several quilts to quilt before my group meeting on Sat., too. It will be a little while before I can jump in with y'all on finishing FW quilts. I'm getting excited about doing it tho... especially seeing Carrie's blocks.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

OH Carrie, I just looove those! They are way too cute!
    I've been working in my lots. I don't want to mow the flowers nor the purple grass but do want to knock down the other grasses so I was using my electric weed eater. Well my neighbor saw me out there yesterday & brought me his brush weed eater. It has 3 wheels & can be pushed like a lawn mower. I should be able to get finished today w/that. Well, not the east lots just the west ones.
    Bev

Lovely job on those blocks, Carrie! Love the yellow one. Both look like Spring.

One more seam to sew my Christmas Burg quilt together. Looks like it will need some border, so may have to think about that.

Dublb, my husband ordered a scythe that fits him and his swing and he uses it to cut our yard and tree burn every summer. It exercises his neck and back and helps him to feel better. Looks like he used my sewing scissors and cut each blade the exact height. LOL!

Done with Christmas quilt:Name:  DSCN1059.JPG
Views: 81
Size:  107.8 KBName:  DSCN1061.JPG
Views: 80
Size:  113.0 KB

Thank you all. I am having fun working on the FW blocks...it has been a long time since I've done any pp'ing!!

Sue--your quilt is beautiful...it has a lot of pieces!!!!!

Today I took a little break from FW blocks to work on a quilt my daughter started a while back for an older neighbor she used to visit more often before getting a job. She's already completed a quilt for the wife then a while later decided she wanted to make one for the husband, but got bored w/it. She did the first border on each block and I did the white to finish the shadow/illusion effect and assembled into rows. There are enough blocks left that I will make a 2nd one tomorrow. My plan is to donate the 2nd to a local hospice house....Oh I do still need to add the white border one the last two sides too.

The other quilt (log cabin) is what my friend Laura has been working on for her son-in-law....still needs borders.

Tomorrow is another sewing day and Thursday is errand day...specifically a trip to the quilt shop!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow Sue! I'm impressed w/your DH! I've got to have power tools.
    The burg quilt is coming along wonderfully. It looks good to me w/o borders. However add 'em if ya want 'em.
    Carrie you are producing a lotta stuff. I bet your DD is pleased that ya finished the quilt that she got bored with.
    Well the neighbor's walk behind string trimmer wouldn't run. So DH took me to Ace & bought me one that was on sale. I got twice as much done today in 4 hours.
    Last edited by dublb; 05-07-2019 at 06:13 PM.
    Bev

Beautiful quilts, Carrie! I agree that you seem to get a lot done.

Sue, your Burg Surrounded is a real showstopper! So much work and so beautiful. I really like how it turned out as a row-by-row quilt.

Today I had an appt to get my windshield replaced... nearly a 3 hour wait but the new glass is so wonderful! I can actually see with no cracks!

Tonight I sewed up pillowcases for donation. Will turn those in on Saturday, at my quilt meeting. We’ll see how many tops I can get quilted by then too. I have three small quilts ready to go so far.
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html

It rained buckets all night long last night. We got 3" of rain. The water was still going over the spillway before this rain. I am hoping that the lake doesn't go up enough to flood any houses in town.
    Bev

Missouri River flooded most of Nebraska this spring, wiping out 70 counties out of 91. Farms, businesses, and homes that had stood for over 149 years. Some are still displaced and have no where to go. People have been the key helping them, farmers helping farmers with hay donated from Texas to the Dakotas. More individuals have contacted key services and donated to the people there. OK has made several quilts to send their way to help. Yes, Iowa and Missouri had some flooding, but the most severe hits were in Nebraska. You may not have heard of it, but they are still getting my prayers daily. Those who have helped are my heroes.

Our rain started yesterday and it's supposed to get worse and 'stall' over us for several days... through the weekend, last I heard. It's raining buckets here right now. So glad I can stay home in my cozy house today and work on quilts.

My charity guild meeting is Saturday, so I've been trying to get some tops quilted and finished to bring to donate. I have 5 ready to go, so far. I'm working on a bigger one right now (twin size) but hope to have that done in time, too. These will go to the hospital, but I'm going to designate the twin quilt to a teenager in the children's home. We have a local children's home where kids in crisis can stay for 3-4 months. They always need quilts for the kids. Then they are theirs, to take with them when they leave.

Here are the 5 I have ready. I have posted these in different threads, so I hope you aren't bored if you've already seen them! All of these are lap quilts.

Name:  IMG_5159.JPG
Views: 66
Size:  229.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5157.JPG
Views: 60
Size:  307.6 KB

Name:  IMG_5132.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  257.2 KB

Name:  IMG_5135.JPG
Views: 67
Size:  235.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5128.JPG
Views: 67
Size:  146.5 KB

SBG - you are so generous in your donations to such a worthy cause. I do not know how you guys get so much done! I am in awe! The children will cherish these quilts!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Neat job, and very well done. I admire those who do so well and succeed in the finish of each one in a timely manner. (Something I seem unable to do, and I am on the computer too much!)

Three of those quilts (the samplers) are group efforts, so I didn't exactly start from scratch! Those blocks were from a swap that was several months long.

Thank you!

SBG, I too am in awe at your productivity! Those donation quilts are wonderful!
    Bev

So many lovely finishes!!

SBG--your quilts are great! I am glad you were able to get them finished up for your meeting. How did the pillowcases turn out?

No sewing for me yesterday or today...went to the LQS...she was having her anniversary sale. I got borders, backing, batting and binding to finish the sunflower D9P. Plus a white tone on tone for setting the FW1930s blocks when I get that far and fabric for the binding on and batting for the Illusions quilts...ran out of time to get backing fabric for those. Helped my friend find fabrics she needed to finish a few different quilts and picked out fabric for her to make a 4-patch poise type kaleidoscope quilt. my daughter picked out some fabrics...she is a true quilter. Sees fabric she likes then has to find fabrics to go with it even if she doesn't know what pattern she wants to use.

Had to take our puppy and MIL's cat to the vet this morning, then took Laura to get a rental car so she can go visit her mom and MIL this weekend in another part of IA and picked up my MIL to take her to an appt. After that I got her groceries and some for us too. Big sigh!! Lots of running around to get all the stops made. I am thankful to be home all weekend... Nice to have the sun shining today. Took a nap this afternoon...
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-10-2019 at 04:48 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps

The pillowcases turned out pretty. I think I ended up with 10 to give. Will make more later.

Carrie, I know what you mean about all the running around we have to do! It wears me out, too. If I could get everything at one place it would be better, but all the running here and there to get one thing done or find one thing... and I'm pooped. I'm good for about 4 stops before I need to head back to the house!

Tomorrow is my quilting group meeting. I'm really looking forward to it. We dropped back to just one meeting a month and I had to miss last month's meeting, so it feels like I haven't seen those ladies in forever. It's also why I have so many quilts ready to donate. I have two months' worth.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend! Ours will be a wet one.

Blog Entries
    So wonderful for you to make those pillowcases, SBG. It does make a difference. Your quilts are great too. Good use of the swap blocks. I like the plaid one especially.

Carrie, you are on a roll. I forgot how nice it was to see our blocks come in. This will be a very lovely quilt for you. It so interesting to see the contrast of fabric and block design compared with the 2 flimsies you shared. Would be boring if we were limited to certain and only certain fabrics!

Lovely day yesterday...I worked. Cloudy today and rain chances. Bonnie....how much rain have you been getting? I watch the radar and think those folks down south must be deluged again. (Bev, too)

My current project that must get done this morning is the second of some memory quilts for my neighbor made from her mom's clothing. I have one done made with plaids and denim (about 13 x 26) and a pieced heart about 13 " square that needs a spot of FMQ before I attached the binding. Better get going and get them done.

Happy Mother's Day!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Yes OK, we have had tons of fierce rain! The ground is saturated and lots of areas that typically flood, are. They originally said this storm would stall out over us until Sunday, but today it looks like the sun is trying to come out. I hope so!

Happy Mother's Day to all of my lovely quilty friends here, too!

Yesterday was cool. Not cold enough to light a fire but I stayed in my warm PJ's. I worked on getting the QAYG project. I quilted the last of this set of blocks then started joining 'em. This one has coping strips in the front & back. I'm doing it in groups of 4. I am doing 3 sets of 4 that are done in different stages. (I still have blocks to make for htis one so it will be a long tie till I get it all finished.) I will do the last li'le part of this one then work on the quilt that I need to get the QAYG borders on. I won't use coping strips on this one. I will be teaching QAYG for the guild on the 21st.
    Well it's raining again this morning. The lake is higher'n it was last fall. DD sent me a picture of a sign in San Angelo that said;
    "Will the person who prayed for rain, please pray for my Bank account?"
    We all were still praying for rain last summer.
    Bev

Happy Mother's Day to all of you! We are off traveling again - leaving tomorrow. We are going to Pismo Beach, CA with our RV group, then up the Oregon Coast. It is a slow and beautiful drive. When we get to Portland, we will leave our traveling friends behind as they head back home, and go across to Washington, then Idaho. We will visit our friends in Idaho for a couple of week, then head down to the many National Parks in Utah. From there we will head to Phoenix to visit with my son and granddaughter. Whew!!! It will be a slow trip though. No set timeline!

I'll check in when we have decent WIFI!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Started on Farmer's Wife 1930 assembling. Followed directions of first uneven row and got to block three before I was interrupted by my helper.Name:  DSCN1063.JPG
Views: 46
Size:  123.3 KBName:  DSCN1065.JPG
Views: 46
Size:  93.7 KB Mega as grown to bigger and larger size (bit over weight) and rules this household. Blocks two and three were paper pieced and still has the paper on each block... eleven blocks per row will take me awhile, I think....with 99 blocks to do.

Happy Mothers Day to all happy quilters.

Blog Entries
    What a great start NinaSue...guess Mega decided she needed some attention!

Enjoy the trip, Jeanie...sounds like a great one...drive safe.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Page 128 of 139 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 127 128 129 138 ... LastLast