Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 138 of 138 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 137 138
Results 3,426 to 3,446 of 3446

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Fun to hear of everyone's Fall doings. Well... maybe not the medical procedure but I hope all goes well there, too.

I've been cleaning house and trying to get a quilt finished today. About another hour and it should be a done deal. My daughter is coming to Jackson MS for a business meeting tomorrow, and she's bringing the baby to me! After her meeting they will stay overnight with us. That's why the cleaning and the push to get the quilt finished... I want her take it back with her.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

QNS--you always put up so much yummy stuff!! One year we got a big box of peaches from someone and they were so good my kids just ate and ate until the were gone...none for baking or canning or freezing. I personally have never been a gardener...didn't have one growing up and other than a small one at our first house, we haven't had a good place to have one. My husband tried a container on our raised deck that year and we got a few small cucumbers and tomatoes.

I went to the quilt shop yesterday and got sashing fabric for the UFO I am working on. Today I got the middle of the blocks together. Each of those will get a 1" border/sashing...this is my goal for tomorrow, then I'll do a sashing between the blocks and one border. I can't wait to see it all together...maybe by the end of next week as I don't have too many appts/mtgs to go to!! Yay for some quality sewing time coming.

I currently have no voice and a little sore throat...mostly from trying to talk when I should just be resting it I am thinking. Any good tricks?? Tried hot tea and tea w/honey. Going to gargle w/warm salt water now... Otherwise feeling fine. Heading to SD this weekend for archery, just my DS and I will go to this one. DD has school and DH will be around home. We leave early early (by 4am Saturday) and will return by 10pm Sunday so it is just a quick trip this time. One of the closest all year...just 5 1/2hrs away. Nothing like the drive to AZ we did in April (23hrs)!!

Carrie, you are a very devoted archery mom!

For laryngitis I always heard to drink ice water, cold as you can stand it. It solidifies the mucus around your vocal chords so you can cough it up more easily. It always worked for me. Hope you feel better soon.
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html

Carrie, I ask a student whose Mother was the school nurse,what she did for a sore throat and he said, : lemon juice in hot tea, as hot as you can drink it". It has worked for our family. May you have a safe journey to SD and back.

SBG, oh, my, grannie gets to baby sit athe granddaughter! Nothing better than that. Enjoy!

Well the peaches sound soooo good! I didn't buy any Fredricksburg peaches this year. Last winter was mild & I didn't take any frozen fruit outta the freezer to make jelly's & jams. I am planning on doing that this winter.
    Carrie there is a spray ya can buy called Chlorasepitic. It has a numbing & effect. It also is a bit of an antiseptic so kills a few germs. The trick is to get your mouth open wide enough & your tongue outta the way, to get the spray to the back of the throat. The throat/cough drops don't do the same job as the spray.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

In January I had laryngitis for a week, couldn't go to work (call center), and used up most of my sick time. I had a sinus infection, went to the doctor, and got a prescription. That helped with the fluid drainage problems, and I just didn't talk, giving my throat a rest. I hope you are feeling better Carrie!

Where are the pictures of the finished quilts we are talking about? The day bed one, and the one that went home with daughter? :-) I've been too tired to go to the laundromat and put it off a couple of weeks. My plan is to wash and dry my snowball/9patch quilt before I take a picture of it. Maybe today?

Canning time! Last year I canned pears from our tree, but this year we had so much hot weather there was not much production in our yard. The fruit dropped off the trees before it was ripe.

Ok Giv... here's the quilt that went home with a daughter. I let the baby play on it on the floor and it got dog hair on the backside, so I washed it before it went home with them. The pic of the baby shows the quilt before washing. After washing it crinkled so much that you can hardly make out the little clouds I quilted around the kites. Should have stitched them in blue thread!

Irish chain I Spy for my gd, Ivy Wren:

Name:  IMG_5550.JPG
Views: 83
Size:  208.5 KB

Name:  IMG_5554.JPG
Views: 77
Size:  246.5 KB

Ivy is not eating real food yet... still on milk... but as we were eating watermelon her little eyes were following it all around. So we let her try some. She didn't much care for it and preferred to just squeeze it instead of eating it. LOL.

Name:  IMG_5556.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  164.3 KB

Blog Entries
    So precious, SBG! Love the sweet quilt, too. I have been so bad at taking pictures here of late.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Now ain't she just darling? I'm here to say that there isn't anything better'n DGK's!
    Bev

Looks like you had some warm days when you took the pictures by the look of her outfits! It's been cooling off here. Starting to feel like fall will come, but we'll wait to see. Some rain predicted next. Love those kites, and the loopy tails on them. It's a clever motif for the white areas. Nice!

I didn't take a picture of the back of the quilt today where you would be able to better see the quilting-- but SBG did some great loops, meandering lines and lots of daisies. I love it! The 9patches are from the QB 9patch swap. I made 2 tops with the swap blocks. I hope to give the other top to my son, but this one I'm keeping!

It's 74" square.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Lovely, delightful quilt, givio
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Your quilt is so charming!

And yes... warm days! It's still in the 90's and over this weekend the heat index was 105-110. Killer hot! I wish it would start to cool down here.

Wow, I am so impressed by SBG and givio, too. Beautiful quilts and that is one sweet granddaughter!

Love both quilts! And the DGD is a cutie!

My sore throat has now turned into a chest infection. Started antibiotics yesterday. The cough is the worse part now... I really want to sew today, so will be heading out to my craft room after I get a little something to eat and see how long I last.

What project is everyone working on this week??

Givo! I do love your quilt! Such a scrappy beauty!
    Carrie I do hope that you feel better soon.
    Ya asked what we are working on. Well I have been trying to glue baste DFGD's quilt. It is the biggest quilt I have tried to glue baste. It is 102" X 67". I am using Minkie for the backing so I don't need any real batting but I wasnt' able to find any Minkie that has a design on it to follow for the quilting design. I did discover when doing #4DNiece's qyukt that when ya have Minkie for the back & ya quilt from the top ya get some bearding. So I decided to put a barrier of fabric in the middle. I had this flat sheet that I didn't figure I'd ever use for anything so it got elected for this project. It is 102" X 108". That thing made it very hare to deal w/while trying to get it glued onto the top of the quilt. Sigh. It took me 2 days to get it done. I have trimmed it down so am ready to glue the whole thing to the Minkie now.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 09-10-2019 at 10:41 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    Bev

I am caught up into the insurance/doctor merry go round dance; but hope to have answers next week. My wonderful cousin, Mary and her companion Bob is arranging time off from attending Country music fests to help us out with driving and chores here at home, so praying that it all can be arranged soon. They are so good to us and help us out so many different ways. I have gotten Mary started to quilting a bit, too.

Have a great week and weekend with sewing time on your calendars. I might get 6 fall placemats done.

Gluing the top & sheet to the Minkie is so much easier than it was to glue that sheet to the top. It is done! I would have been done sooner if I hadn't ran outta glue. LOL I went into town & picked up the gallon of glue that Mike ordered for me a couple of days ago. While I was there I picked up supper. After supper I sat around for a bit. Eventually I got around to finish basting it. DFGD has chosen the stitch she wants me to use now I gotta find the best thread. I'm leaning toward a prudy grey.

Sue I'm glad that ya have help w/transportation. Isn't it good to have someone who wants to learn to quilt?
    I do understand the Dr-Insurance dance! It can make ya dizzy. Here's hoping that ya get off that merry-go-round soon.
    Bev

QNS, Oh? That's what it's called, the insurance/doctor merry-go-round dance? Bah, I've been on that a couple of months...

My day got interrupted & reallocated. I got a call from DD that she had hives on her face again. I took her to the ER. She was then under the influence of Benadryl & unable to drive. So I took her & the kids to Fredricksburg for their Theater Academy. She & I then had a great time in Fredricksburg. She was walking straight by that time.
    Bev

One more time around the Mulberry Bush. First Dr. cannot accurately tell second Dr. where the dang growth is, so I have to drink that delicious drink all day Tuesday and go for another visit to operating room for another look up ? you don't want to know where! I will be fine on Thursday, laughing at it all. The tumor will be located and plans made to donate it to science, or the trash bin. Then I can get back into quilting and sew up a storm. All is well that ends well. I have high hopes of finishing several quilt tops yet this year! And those promised boxes will be send before Christmas, so email or PM me on current addresses, Please. I reserve the right to add more to each one.

dublb--it is great you are available to help DD out and that you have a good time together. Have they figured out what she is allergic to/what is causing the hives? I am looking forward to going to a local quilt show (put on by the guild) this week with my mom followed by lunch. We've been trying to get together more regularly. She isn't a quilter but enjoys seeing quilts so it will be fun.

QNS--So sorry you are having all this running around to do and can't just get the answers you need to move forward on things!! I always enjoyed your goodie boxes. I have PM'd you my address...the kids will be excited too!!

I got the blocks all done for the UFO I've been working on this week. Next is sashing. I took a break to cut fabrics for a quilt (a lady pays me to do all her cutting for her). Also this week I was hired to make a couple of wallhangings so will work on cutting that fabric this weekend. It was sooooo nice to have a little sewing time this week!!!!

Page 138 of 138 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 137 138