Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 88 of 139 FirstFirst ... 38 78 87 88 89 98 138 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 3459

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

SBG - those quilts are amazing - thank you so much for the links!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

You are welcome, Jeanie... Bev we need you over at my house! Everything needs painting.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

We picked up my 'sew' used four foot sewing table yesterday from the Sampler; Patty got a longer table (6') for her family to use. With eight grown married children and 28 grands in the local area and number is rising on great grands, they needed it. (Wonderful, loving family; love it) We ate and I seen my Dr. who did give me the medicine for my swollen ear. Hope I am on the mend now. And she did lower my dosage on my morning BP pill...hurrah! After I get this ear infection cured I may feel like getting some work done. But this morning I just ache all over...but I know this too shall pass...

Sun is shining bright; had a good visit yesterday, but very thankful we are home for the day today. Ducks and four chicks are doing fine. Six little ducks stand in a row, eat out ot the feeder, turn and take a drink, then repeat their 'dance' steps again and again. Very cute to watch. Have a good day, and a great weekend.

Blog Entries
    We all need to take time to smell the roses or watch the ducklings! I started cleaning off the algae on the north end of the house. Algae loves vinyl siding. It's really going quite well...just wish my arms were longer. Finally weather so i can work outdoors...you all know where I'm heading after my coffee's gone! have a good one...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Sue, hope that ear heals quick and you feel better soon.

Bev, a power washer is a quick and easy way to wash off the siding. If you don't have one, most rental places rent them. We need to do that soon too, to wash all the black mildew off our front porch lid and uprights.
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html

Blog Entries
    Many vinyl side manufactures discourage power washers. It pushes too much water under the joins and causes other moisture problems. I have been using a pump sprayer with oxygenated bleach (sodium perborate). 1 small scoop and a gallon of warm water sprayed on the surface, then take a rag and wipe it off. Hose off with clear water...goes really fast and not much scrubbing.

Oxygen bleach is a great cleaner and cheap---bought a 16 oz container at Dollar Tree for yes a $1. I also used it on the old doors that have been stored in our shed for the past 10 years. I'm planning a couple of used door projects with them.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Good to know! I can see how you'd have to be careful with a power washer. It sure does wonder on our porch wood and brick, tho.

If I get the inside of my house clean, I'd be glad. :-p

Back to more sorting. Sigh. I thought I had it all done, but looking for some new fabric that has already disappeared from my memory on its possible location. Try try again and label the tote this time! Better, but still taking pills until I may turn into one! People need to come see me, not my house, 'cause I am not a housekeeper...too many more things to do that is more fun.

Exciting news from Bonnie Hunter buying an old Southern Home for her Quilt Retreats that will be up and going by 2020. If I were younger I'd sign up for at least three sessions in the Old Field Home...classic Southern home with charm and history and comfort! So glad for her and her plans. Hope she has a house cleaning crew standing by and a cook and full garden staff. And a couple of secretaries and an accountant too.

There is always more important things to do than heavy housekeeping. Like: keeping immediate family happy. Watching the baby ducks grow. Sewing on another quilt project. List just goes on forever. And ever. Amen.

I agree QNS. House cleaning is so uninteresting! I'd always rather work with fabric, or play outside with the dog.

Today I hope to get to my new longarm and figure it out. I need practice! Just finished up the 9 patch swap I hosted, and the Boom swap blocks are in, so I have a lot of stuff that needs to be quilted. And my big quilt tops have been piling up for years! Have several Bonnie Hunter tops to quilt. And all the while, it's so beautiful outside! Hope you all are having some pretty weather too.

Blog Entries
    My home is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy. Last night swept major living area floors and couldn't believe the piles of dirt that accumulated in a few days. (No I don't get floors swept every day!) The reason I'm cleaning the outside is because the algae growth is unsightly on the gray siding and we are having a large group coming in June and have a lot to do before then, so now's the time to do it.

You will love the LA once you get started...I have a backing to piece before I take on the next one and since I'm short on time I guess it's going to wait!

Okay back to the daily grind..meat loaf for dinner today.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

OK - I am with you on dirt accumulation on the floors, and dusty furniture. We, plus the cat, seem to pick up so much of the stuff!!! Living in Southern CA - I have my windows and doors open a lot, so that does not help very much at all. We do not have an AC, as the weather is so mild. We live about 15 miles from the Pacific Ocean!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Successful day with my Juki! I got it all adjusted and quilted one quilt... a scrappy. Yaay!

Name:  IMG_3642.JPG
Views: 89
Size:  239.2 KB

Check out the amazing "saddle stool" I got with the machine. So comfortable and great for your spine!

Awesome SBG! So very happy for you! I use to have a kneel chair - do any of you remember them? I am probably really dating myself here!!! LOL

I remember them!

Me too; could not ever use one. I love your set up SBG; may you really enjoy and get a lot of tops done quickly. Front porch quilters in Spring would put on another quilt every two hours at their shop. It was amazing to watch them work and put on the next quilt. They had three different LA quilters who worked in shifts.

Sun is shining, so on with the day. May it be a good one for all.

I usually do a li'le cleaning everyday. My whole house isn't ever clean. I haven't been able to do any of the things I usually do since I have been painting DM's house so it is real bad now! I am behind on the laundry now also. Today DM & I are going to Midland again. We will start painting again on Wed.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

OH SBG & wanted to tell ya how nice your LA is! I know that you will be getting a ton of quilts done on it!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Time waits for no man or woman or animal. Ducks are a week old:Name:  DSCN0903.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  61.0 KB Doubled in size in one week.

SBG, I do love the look of your LA and chair. Thank you again for all the quilt show pictures, and sharing with us.

Dublb, good luck with all your painting; we have gotten too old to do that any more. Although dh is rebuilding the chicken tractor, I hear all his complains about being sore and how hard to move his muscles!

I am attacking my QR mess again. I will win....hope to win the battle soon before I wear out!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    Time waits for no man or woman or animal. Ducks are a week old:Name:  DSCN0903.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  61.0 KB Doubled in size in one week.
    What a beautiful little ducky! All that yellow fuzz....

Awwww, what a cute little ducky. :-) Baby animals, you gotta love 'em!

Ducks are very messy creatures, playing in water and splashing it everywhere. They eat and they drink. From our first 11, we have 5 left, yet dh found 7 eggs one day. They are suppose to be all hens of this ten, time will tell the tail...drakes tails will curl up. Love the duck eggs.

Ear is still hurting, following Dr's orders(and turning into a pill I think.) Almost have the Spring Cleaning done in my QR, have 29 empty totes of various sizes stacked on single bed in guest bed room and all the boxes to ship on the double bed in there. Everyday I think we are going to town and we don't. Neither one of us want too; so we stay home. Hot weather is here, up to 81 degrees this week. We got an inch of rain early this morning.

I like Ok's comment: clean enough to live with and dirty enough to feel comfortable or did I turn that around??? We live in our house...no carpet at all and all one story with no stairs. Handicap bathrooms...his and hers. Comfort first, and welcoming atmosphere everywhere. We love company, but children seldom visit....busy with their own lives. Smile and make people wonder what you are upto today.

Blog Entries
    Ah that little duck is so cute...MrOK loved playing with ducks when he was a kid.

And it's a duck loving day here with 3" of rain last night. got the broccoli and romaine planted before work and rain yesterday. Everything turned green overnight. With warmer temps maybe the morels will be out, but no time to go and look.

SBG...what great fun on a fun quilt. and yes remember the knee chair...had one...not sure what happened to it. It was a very comfortable office chair in a cramped space back in the day for me.

Good to hear from you all.

Farm duties call...have a good one.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Blog Entries
    I took time to take some photos late this afternoon. I have humpy grass so not everything is all neat and straight! Warning picture heavy. Crazy ponies...recognize any of the fabrics?Name:  DSCN0390 (2).JPG
Views: 37
Size:  1.23 MB
    Name:  DSCN0391 (3).JPG
Size:  756.1 KB
    Rick Rack Nines...BH. I did not put on borders as she did.Name:  DSCN0402 (2).JPG
Size:  1.19 MB
    Lots of different fabrics...2" cuts Name:  DSCN0405.JPG
Views: 38
Size:  965.3 KB

Growing up OddName:  DSCN0394 (2).JPG
Size:  1.15 MB Name:  DSCN0399.JPG
Views: 38
Size:  1,019.3 KB

Baby quilts...need to sew binding on the blue HST one yet.
    Name:  DSCN0377 (2).JPG
Size:  1.00 MB Name:  DSCN0380.JPG
Size:  1.01 MB
    Name:  DSCN0382 (2).JPG
Size:  1.49 MB Name:  DSCN0384 (2).JPG
Size:  867.1 KB
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Page 88 of 139 FirstFirst ... 38 78 87 88 89 98 138 ... LastLast