Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 98 of 100 FirstFirst ... 48 88 97 98 99 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 2486

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

OK, that sounds very nice to see and enjoy all. DGM had her family in while we were raised and it was always fun.
    The love was never with my brother's heart and mind for family, and he never allowed us around him and his family so I never really knew them and there will never be a reunion in this life time. Sad. That is life. Oldest daughter married an abusive man, and after nine years she divorced him and disowned us as parents. We were clueless on the situation. Very sad. I hope you hugged everyone repeatedly. I love them both, but prayers is all I can do about it. Brother never even informed me when his wife passed away.

Cousin Mary came for four days and Robert fixed everything that husband had in his 'to mend' box and made up a timer for him to plug breakfast appliances into...so he does not leave them on all day. Husband's cousin and wife came to play cards, neighbor jointed us and we had a ball. We laughed so much, I almost cried a couple of times.

Making progress on the Bible Sampler and Butterflies. Enjoy the day and the week. Yesterday was a good one, a another bill came in the mail from dh hospital, but it turned out to be a credit...refund in the mail. Yes!

Blog Entries
    I worked yesterday...think I'm going to crash today...but the lawn needs mowing before rain and bookwork must get done...sigh...no sewing for me today...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Ok, yes, your group sounds great! It's a blessing to have them, and a blessing to rest and have peace too. Mowing the grass means we had rain-- so that's all good too.
    I'm working on a brown, gray, and pink large block quilt. I need only nine. Today I'm sewing the last block, and hope to get the sashing done this week.
    QNS, a rare find: a refund in the mail!
    I ought to paint too...

Everyone must really be busy, and little time for posting here.

I have completed two; and; half finished 6 inch blocks. Need to photograph our new lilies that are in bloom. Shred some papers and decide on a genealogy program to re-do what was lost when my computer crashed. This time I am backing it up on a flash drive.

Disturbing news about Iowa last 14 days have lost some 40 children to human trafficking. All communities need a watch group to protect the youth there. Alarm was raised on one playground and public rest area preventing it twice. I feel very sad for those families who have lost their children. Everyone need to step up on this and be watchful; notify police on speed dial. Des Monies, Iowa is in the top 100 of the nation in this terrible crime. So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post

Disturbing news about Iowa last 14 days have lost some 40 children to human trafficking. All communities need a watch group to protect the youth there. Alarm was raised on one playground and public rest area preventing it twice. I feel very sad for those families who have lost their children. Everyone need to step up on this and be watchful; notify police on speed dial. Des Monies, Iowa is in the top 100 of the nation in this terrible crime. So sad.
    Wow! I hadn't heard about that! I hope they catch whoever is doing this. And hope they can recover these poor children. I remember how free we were as kids, no one worried about abduction, ever. Now I wouldn't let a child out of my sight! This is chilling.

I've been busy sewing. My usual quilting for charity, plus I've been sewing little dresses with a group who sends them to Haiti and Nicaragua. The little dresses are so much fun to make, I have made about a dozen so far. Sent a bunch last year too. It's a great way to put your stash to use.

And I continue to practice my fmq and try to learn to use my new sit down quilter better. I am about to post a quilt in Pictures, where I used Angela Walters' meandering paisley quilting. Not perfect, but fun!

Hope everyone is keeping cool. Our weather has not been as hot the past week or so. I'd love an early Fall!
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

What I read is that most of the reported missing children are teenagers, and that it's unclear how they became missing. Many are thought to be runaways. Not that there is any less heartache for the family when the child is 16-years-old...

Kids are getting smarter; news of several that did not get caught that escaped the 'trap' of not leaving their locked apartments. May it continue.

My lap top crashed. DH has fixed one (that he used to have) for me. I am sad as this one is just doesn't have all my stuff on it. We are gonna take it to a shop in Brownwood but right now I don't know when.
    That is worrisome about the kids being missing. Prayers for the families.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

I had not heard of the missing children either. That is awful!

When I think that when I was just a small child - 1st grade on up, I walked almost a mile to school mostly all by myself. Sometimes I walked with friends also. Everyone walked to school back then, we only had one car in our family and dad needed that one for work. My mother use to send me to the grocery at the corner of our street. I had to cross a busy street (no signals back then either). I would hand the grocer the list and he would get what my mom needed, write it in a book and I would return home. Mom paid the grocer (in cash) at the 1st of every month when dad got paid. No one worried about being molested or abducted back then (or I was unaware that such things happened).
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Awareness and Alert to surrounding area may help a child or a teen. It is wide spread across the USA. So your help to call the police may save a child. It is going to be grassroots and neighborhoods that will stop this terrible thing.

Blog Entries
    Quiet here...I got this finished after family left...now to send it off to her with the drawer!

https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictur...h-t298811.html
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

That is so cute OK, I'm sure she will enjoy see it each day!

It has been so hot here lately, I just don't have much energy (we do not have AC). Of course my arthritic knee and age does not help. I had a cortisone injection a month ago, but it did not work. I have now had 3 lubricating injections a week apart, I am hoping they work. Joe and I are taking a several month trip in our RV across the US starting on Aug. 20th. We plan to visit a lot of the National Parks starting with Glacier, then moving across the US in the Northern area, then down to Washington DC. We hope to spend a week in that area seeing the Smithsonian's, etc. From there we will move across the Southern section of the US, back to CA. I know we are going to do a lot of walking, and I am hopeful I will be able to do so. Wish me luck!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Oh what a great trip, Jeanie. Hopefully you will be able to go as fast or slow as you want! Bummer on the knee though.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

DD & I have been painting DGD's furniture. We figured taht the time to paint it is before we get ti moved into her room. She wants it all white so that is what we are doing.
    Bev

Ok, just the right fabric for that little quilt. It will be a nice touch to go by the drawer.

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    Quiet here...I got this finished after family left...now to send it off to her with the drawer!

https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictur...h-t298811.html
    Adorable little 'letter' quilt, OK! With the drawer it makes a unique letter box.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    Of course my arthritic knee and age does not help. I had a cortisone injection a month ago, but it did not work. I have now had 3 lubricating injections a week apart, I am hoping they work. Joe and I are taking a several month trip in our RV across the US starting on Aug. 20th. We plan to visit a lot of the National Parks starting with Glacier, then moving across the US in the Northern area, then down to Washington DC. We hope to spend a week in that area seeing the Smithsonian's, etc. From there we will move across the Southern section of the US, back to CA. I know we are going to do a lot of walking, and I am hopeful I will be able to do so. Wish me luck!
    Jeanie, your trip sounds wonderful. I hope your knee is not any hindrance at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    DD & I have been painting DGD's furniture. We figured taht the time to paint it is before we get ti moved into her room. She wants it all white so that is what we are doing.
    Bev, you are a professional painter by now! I need you over here at my house.
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html

Today I went to JoAnn's to get some specials in their second weekend of their 75th anniversary sale. There was a discussion on the board about how crappy their FQs were... and thin. Well, not all of them are that way. I managed to find many that were nice quality and all were just $.75 each, even batiks. I want to run back for more tomorrow!

I also shopped the "Quilter's Showcase" fabrics that were 75% off. That brought them down to $1.50 a yard! So I got several pieces, 4 yards of each, to use as quilt backs. When I got them home I washed everything and pressed them. I was trimming the last end of the last piece and... cut off the tip of my finger when the rotary cutter slipped! It's the 4th such cut I've had in about the last year or so. This time there was no fingertip to pick up and put back on. I had to just wrap it tightly. Kicking myself! I always try to be so careful, but I'm just dangerous with those circular razor blades. I can barely type with my finger all bandaged, and I doubt I can quilt. Pooh.

Blog Entries
    Ouch, Bonnie!
    I made a trip to JA, too on our way back from DD in WI. Got a big sale roll of 80/20...now have a 50% coupon on next purchase and may get another roll of batting...maybe a white one...will see.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Those coupons! I've been buying books with mine.... some good books.

Oh SBG - I feel so bad for you with your cut finger. You should probably invest in a quilting glove for such disasters. I feel for you. Hugs! Jeanie

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    Oh SBG - I feel so bad for you with your cut finger. You should probably invest in a quilting glove for such disasters. I feel for you. Hugs! Jeanie
    I know there is a "klutz glove" out there, but as often as I pick up and put down the rotary cutter, I can't see myself putting on a glove. For large cutting projects tho, maybe.... Either that or throw out the rotary and go back to using scissors only. Wouldn't that be sad!

SBG! Not again!! Your poor fingers, they "take a lickin' and keep kickin'!" $1.50/yard! That was a treat. :-)

Busy humming along with talk here.

OK Love your mini quilt.

JeanieG, love your planned trip; may you and Joe enjoy every mile. Been across Northern USA from Washington State to Dakotas down to Texas in the Heartland. Texas over to AZ and through Ak, OK, Mo. On Highway 10 from TX to Florida. How far South are you going in Texas? Hope you have a travel quilt book that shows all the shops along the way.

Neighbor is going to Scotland soon. I wish her well. No desire to leave home anymore, i am getting too old and want my own bed at night.

SewBizGirl, ouch! Rotary cutters cut and I think you keep yours very sharp and well used. Slow down and watch those fingers, they do not re-grow!

Continuing on with Bible Sampler and butterflies...on as much as I can. Allergies are slowing down progress.

Jeanie are ya coming to TX? Alright I know that TX is a big state & ya might not get close to the center but if ya so, let me know. Heck I might even drive to where ever ya are.
    Bev

Ouch SBG!!!! HUGGS my DF!
    Bev

Page 98 of 100 FirstFirst ... 48 88 97 98 99 ... LastLast