Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 01-30-2017, 11:51 AM

QNS - There are some sugar free cake and frosting mixes on the market now, I wonder if they are any good. Anyone tried them???
Old 01-30-2017, 01:30 PM
Power Poster

How about a low sugar cheesecake with fruit on top... like strawberries? I bought a sugarfree cheesecake from a bakery for my diabetic hubby and it was delicious. Tasted just like the real thing with sugar.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:51 PM

gee, I typed in a message and it disappeared!

Thanks for all the suggestions. Dh is eating cottage cheese and fruit together; he does not like cheese cake, so that's one dessert I get for me. LOL! I don't have to share.

Going on a Southern Iowa Quilt Shop Hop tomorrow. A friend is kindly picking me up in the morning for a day of fun. We might get to go at the end of March to a Warehouse Sale of the Crazy Red Head Shop in Newton, Iowa. Its always fun and fabric is a real bargain then. Nice to think about meanwhile. Thread is my first item on my list tomorrow. Hope the weather is good.

You'all have a good week.
Old 01-31-2017, 04:34 PM
Power Poster

Sounds like fun, QNS... our group has been trekking off to Philadelphia MS to a fabric clearance at a store there. We've been twice. Fabric is about two dollars a yard! So much fun.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:00 PM
Power Poster

Nothing like a little road tripping with friends!
Old 01-31-2017, 10:31 PM

OH Sue, that sounds wonderful! A FART w/a DF! There's gotta be nothing better!
Old 02-01-2017, 02:46 PM

It was a wonderful day. Ann did an excellent job of driving, we went to four shops in the hop and stopped back by the extra in my hometown and came back home. Thought 'Cabin fever' was a really good theme name for the hop. Long cabin blocks with each store choosing the 'cabin design' , 8 stores participation in it this time. Good news, I found my spools of thread, and my blues for the S&W. Blues were in the discontinue back room, so it was good we went today and I bought all they had of that fabric.. . at an additional discount. Everyone had 20% off on all bolts in their store. We were kind enough to leave some fabric for other shopper the next 3 days. LOL! Limit for me was one fabric piece at each store except one...where the S&W fabric was, I picked up another 'bargain' room colorful pansy, yellow and purple piece and matched the bright yellow and bright purple for a new project...making the light, medium and dark triangle of colors for a quilt. Each quilt store owner had put up about $200 to be in the Shop hop and one store (in my hometown) was told she was 'too far' from the others to be in it. Not true, but maybe she can try again next time.

I did feel better today and that was a big plus; We enjoyed lunch at Chariton, Iowa, HyVee store, special today was large tenderloin sandwich for $2.99. Turns out, Ann loves Pork Loin as much as I do. We put the March days and June days on our calendar in hopes we can go again. June 7th falls on a Wednesday, so everything in the store is #7.00 a yard.. . at two out of the four stores. And add the one store with the bargain room...that makes a good trip in one day, and get back early to my home.(before four)

Hope everyone had a good day.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:18 PM
Power Poster

Sounds like a very fun day, QNS. It's great to go out with friends who share your love of fabric! Extra nice that the shop hop had a theme.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:24 PM
Power Poster

Glad someone had a great day...I went to the CPA for tax appointment! Nuff said! But bonus...stopped at LQS in the town....she always has FQ bargain...$2 each or buy 11 at $1.75....11 new FQ's followed me home...late afternoon appt and swung by auntie's house...she had supper ready, so had a chance to catch up with her and cousin before heading to a 7 p.m. meeting. A long day...
Old 02-01-2017, 10:37 PM

Your trip sounds like so much fun QNS! I wish I had a quilting friend around here. Our local guild meets when we are on our monthly camping trip, so miss that also. We have no quilt shop in our town, the one we had was great, but she has health problems and closed down around six years ago. Our only fabric shop (a really great one) closed about three years ago. The quilt shop in my home town closed in December of last year, but I did not frequent the shop as the selection of fabrics she carried were not to my taste. We do have another nice fabric shop there though. We have a JoAnn's closer, but rarely go in there unless I am desperate. In the other direction, we have two fabric shops. One moved and I don't know where it is, and the other one is about 30 miles away, and the people that run it ignore you when you go in. I do most of my shopping online.

Last edited by JeanieG; 02-01-2017 at 10:39 PM.