Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 110 of 111 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 109 110 111 LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 2754

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Blog Entries
    I know what you mean givio...I've started a couple of small mysteries...guess I have a control issue. Like SBG said...the black is going to be very striking.

We have some rainy snowy weather here today...went to work and left at 12:30. We are around freezing and never know if it's going to be rain or snow..but slippery either way. One of the perks was I got my needed sewing needles and one of my friends gave me a huge zip lock bag of waste HST from one project with reds and creams. She knows I make mini's...often one's for our local school FR...going to check the bag out and see what's all in there. The squares made will probably finish at 1". A great leader and ender project!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Thanks Givo. I did last year's mystery & loved it. It was the colors that pulled me in. I w/yardage last year by buying grunge.
    At first I wasn't too keen on this one, but then I realized that I could use gold instead of orange. When I started buying & picking out the other fabrics I went w/a bit bolder colors. Royal Blue, Candy Apple Red, & Christmas Green. Then it hit me that black would really make these colors Pop. Now I am so excited!
    I do want to tell ya how much I like your avatar. I'm glad that ya made that one.
    Last edited by dublb; 12-01-2018 at 04:49 PM.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

OH OK! I love seeing your mini's! Have a great time making this one!
    Bev

Blog Entries
    dublb...it will be a slow process...lots and lots of triangles. I was thinking of doing some heart/valentine redwork and surround it with some flying geese made with the triangles. Thought I had an appropriate pattern book, but they are more nature inspired. I don't do much embroidery work so this will be stepping out of my comfort zone for sure!

I worked on the BS blocks tonight...I'm on week 2, QNS. Now have 9P's done for 10 of the 20 blocks...just keep plugging away at it! I've been distracted by some sewing I've been doing for our guild Christmas party.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

I was on step 6 in the BS pattern when I realized I wanted to make it by each block...so I am off and running with that. 5 Christmas themed blocks done, and the sixth R,W,B block. I can make two a day of the RW&B blocks now that everything is cut out. Had to change the Christmas theme 'cause I got to the place of having 6 inches of background fabric and that was not going to stretch far enough for 20 blocks.

6" left for 20 blocks! Hahaha That's funny! Sure, you will improvise on that one QNS. Try to use what you already have at home. Sometimes that's a fun challenge. :-)

Ok, That sounds like a treat, to get some little triangles. Right up your alley, she knew what you'd like!

My printer died yesterday...HP Officejet Pro 8600 needs a printhead. No fax, no copying, no printing, does 0 now. Checked into the price of a printhead (WOW$$$). Need a Christmas miracle or two. All the figuring out I am doing is to exist each day. Lord, I learning how to be humble for sure. Together we will weather the storm. The good times and the bad times. One day at a time. Thanks for listening to my complaints.

Sunshine outside. Looks lovely...but does not carry warm temperatures outside.

Oh HUGGS Sue! We all have days like that.
    Bev

So sorry Sue! Some of the new no-frills printers are cheaper than parts to repair the old ones. I'm convinced they make these things to wear out after a year or so. Never had a printer last much longer than that.

I choose my printer by the cost of the replacement ink. Kodak seems to be fairly inexpensive compared to the other ink cartridges. I also save ink cost by not printing out patterns. I keep them on my laptop and work with my laptop open in my sewing area. Works great.
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    I had a Kodak printer once...went back to HP inkjet. The Kodak didn't last long at all--less than a year. I've had this HP with flatbed copy machine for over 2 years. For everyday things, I print in draft quality rather than normal...saves on the ink. I used to have a fax combination, but decided it wasn't worth it. If I need to send something I scan it, then save as a PDF or jpeg or just to a file on my computer.

Today taking a trip to local recycle center...have way too much here...can go only once a week and it doesn't always work with my schedule...seems no one else finds time to take the trip either...my rant for the day. Then have some sewing to do for guild "gifts". Have a good one.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

QNS, Check Goodwill, Craigslist, or other secondhand places for a printer. When people buy a new computer, often they get a new printer in the package set up. Sometimes the old printers still work and they just discard it.

It's also a lot cheaper to mail in ink cartridges to get them refilled rather than buying new ones. You can also buy refill ink, then actually refill the cartridge yourself. If you are able to take printers that are left for trash or to be recycled that are broken, they often have ink in them. You can remove the ink and use what is left to refill your working printer. Before you throw out your old printer, be sure to take the ink from it!

I have old ink cartridges from cheap Wal Mart printers. This HP jet pro 8600 is about four years old. Hoping to fix it next month, Grinch is already stolen all hopes of any Christmas and holding my breath that the remaining dollars stretch to the end of the month. That means more quilting in the sewing room so its not all bad.

Was downloading and printing off BH Mystery, but hope it saves where I can print it later. I paid $10.00 for a digital download Of Ringo Lake when I could not find the saved copy. Want her ruler, but she was out of them. Later, maybe. It is breakfast time for dh so have a good day everyone.

I did it! I got my BH Clue 2 done before Clue 3 came out.

Now I have those dreaded half chevrons. OK here I go.
    Bev

Way to go, Dublb! My eye is not working right today, fuzzy visual day and head hurts, so taking the day off. Just relaxing reading and watching TV. Tomorrow will be a better day.

I'm a 'Dizzy Blonde.' LOL Yup, I am having some vertigo. I started taking Meclizine yesterday. I wonder if my upset stomach has been my inner ear acting up for a few days.
    I wasn't able to get much cut out on the BH mystery today. (I tried different methods for clue 3 yesterday & have decided how I'm gonna make 'em.) I have most of the black squares cut out & I have the green strips cut so as to be able to cut the rectangles from 'em. That's all I have accomplished w/the vertigo. Wait, I also washed a load of cloths. I haven't got 'em outta the dryer though as that involves bending over & I was afraid that I'd tip over if I bent. That's also the reason I didn't wash my hair this morning. I was afraid that when I leaned back to rinse my hair I'd fall backwards. I did get a shower though. LOL I gotta count all my accomplishments.
    Bev

Still telling myself "I CAN" 'cause cannot never did. Counting my blessings. Printer is not working and the control of my TV is on the blink (waiting for NEMR to fix that) and wondering what else will not be working???? Bad luck seems to come in threes. As long as it can be fixed, I will smile and count my blessings. Have 12 out of 20 blocks done on BS RW&B. Loving my scrappy Christmas theme blocks. This too shall pass and sun will shine again.

Blog Entries
    Mama said there would be days like this...Like you say QNS we just move on...here on the home front MrOK had a repair to to the scale on the feed mixer...+$300 bill; a young cow slipped in the cow yard..have to lift her up to get her steady on her feet...think lifting a 1200# animal; milker pump went on the fritz yesterday...need a new one...+$3000 cost...DDIL celebrated her BD thawing out a frozen water fountain at 10:00 pm...thankful that I went to town to pick up DGD from a choir event.

Have MrOK packed and ready to go to a meeting halfway across the country for a couple of days. Fixing a big batch of meatballs for dinner and for potluck at quilt guild Christmas party tomorrow night...killing 2 birds with one stone. Playing at farmer this week while MrOK is gone. Tonight going with a friend to the annual Madrigal dinner put on by the choir..can pickup DGD afterwards. They have 3 3hour performances; one last night and 2 today. My friend hasn't been to one since her son was in choir in 1988! I haven't been since our youngest was in 2001. Always a great performance and we are looking forward to it.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

I agree that we all have days like this. W/the stock market going down DH is talking about getting a job. He hasn't worked in 4 years. I think that is a black spot on his resume'. The $ we are living on right now is in the stock market & it needs to last another 4 years. DH is worried.

I have the green rectangles & black squares all cut. Now I'm drawing the lines onto the green rectangles. That's 400 lines! At least I can sit while doing the drawing. I am tired of the world tipping out from under my feet.
    Last edited by dublb; 12-09-2018 at 12:22 PM.
    Bev

OH Wow! DD called this morning & they are gonna look at doing Foster Care. Hopefully to Adopt. It will take a year for the training but in a year I could have another DGK! I am so excited. I know there are chances that they won't get to keep it but I am excited anyway. I also know that there is a most likely it won't be a baby nor Caucasian but who cares? It'll be another child to love. It'll most probably have some issues but we are gonna be prepared for that. They went t an informational meeting last night & are now gonna take step toward this.
    Later in the day I got a phone call from my DC. My favorite Aunt has PSP. Its like Parkinsons & also a dementia side to it. Now I'm crying.
    Talk about a r
    oller coaster ride.
    Bev

Focus on the positive side, Dublb. Great news that they are going to care for a child or two that needs their love and you get to love them too! Your favorite Aunt has probably loved and lived a good life. Cherish the good memories of her.

17 out of the 20 blocks BS RW&B are done. Sunshine today. And warmer weather. Have a good one.

I am still dizzy today. Not as dizzy as I was last night. The DGK's came over last night while DD & DSonIL went to San Angelo for an informational meeting w/ CPS. They were excited when they got home.
    Bev

My head is still 'heavy' but I can tilt it in any direction & it doesn't spin. I asked DH to bring me the Musinex D early in the morning so I can take it & go back to sleep. He did & I think it helped. He's up early anyway. Anyway I am still gonna take all the meds till my head doesn't feel heavy.
    Bev

Hope you feel better soon, Bev. I only had vertigo one time. It hit suddenly and I ended up hospitalized. We were thinking I was having a stroke... It was really bad and they had a hard time getting me to stop vomiting at the hospital. They kept me overnight. I hope it never happens again!
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

OH SBG. That sounds awful. I have been nauseated but haven't vomited as of yet. I have had trouble w/vertigo several times in my life but it's not a regular thing. I do know what to do.
    Bev

I have had vertigo once...they gave me some tablets for it and I am hoarding the bottle in case it happens again...that's my insurance against it!
    LOL.

20/20 blocks done for the RW&B BS quilt. Now to QAYG them. Thought I knew where the stencil was, but its hiding from me now. Guess that means I had better clean up the quilt room! Good progress on that yesterday, a few more places to look today. Foggy outside, but the sun is going to shine for the next week. Snow jumped way down in Texas. Do you have any Dublb?

Page 110 of 111 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 109 110 111 LastLast