Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 02-28-2017, 08:38 AM

QNS - So sorry about your friend! I wish I knew someone to get together with to quilt. The local guild is held almost always on the week we have our RV Campouts, so I don't get to go. Another quilt shop in a town North of us closed, so only 2 shops South, and other than JoAnn's, one fabric/crafts store North.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:46 AM
Power Poster

QNS, a valentine card! That was so sweet.... Give her time. You never know what someone else is going through, unless they choose to share it with you. You are a good friend to her. I hope she stops by.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:01 PM

I finally found Bamboo batting at a shop very close to me. I can hardly wait until I can go see it. Love bamboo batting. Used it once and have not found it since.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:58 PM

...You can order bamboo batting online, though...
Old 03-02-2017, 08:27 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
I am waiting for some fabric from Connecting Threads to finish the final border on my Bonnie Hunter En Provence Mystery Quilt. I have several (like 9) quilts that are in flimsy stage. I really need to get them sandwiched and quilted. That is my goal for this year. I really miss not having something in the works, but I do have several (like QNS) that the blocks are completed, and need to be assembled - gads more flimsys! LOL

I decided that I want to learn ruler work. Connecting Threads had a beginner set for a good price, so I ordered it, then discovered that my Brother PQ1500S foot will not be available until next month. Oh well, the price was worth the wait. I also ordered a template for SITD that looks marvelous. The quilting foot fits into the slit in the template perfectly so you don't wander off the ditch (or side of ditch) as easily. I also decided to take a Ruler Work class on Craftsy which is also on sale. Wish me luck!

Also I ran into luck on Craig's List - a 4 foot sewing cabinet that the sewing machine fits into, with a drawer and 2 shelves for $50. It does not have a maker's name, but is very sturdily made. I ordered a Sew Steady Plastic Top that fit perfectly around my Baby Lock Machine. I also have a larger Koala Cabinet I purchased a few years ago for my PQ1500S for $300. So both machines sit into cabinets with the Sew Steady Tops surrounding them. I love it!!! I got both of these cabinets by watching Craig's List. I had the Baby Lock sitting on a folding plastic table before getting the new cabinet. I could not resist getting a photo for you all.
This looks so neat and orderly...wish I could keep my space like this! Oh and the quilt on the right looks familiar!
Old 03-02-2017, 08:31 PM
Power Poster

What do you like about the bamboo? I had a couple pairs of bamboo sox and loved them, but store doesn't carry them anymore.
Ran errands today...friend found a Border Collie puppy for us to replace our old female that we lost last year...not sure if I want a puppy dog to mess up my garden this summer, but she is so sweet looking.....
Old 03-02-2017, 10:34 PM

Thank you for the kind comments on my sewing room everyone!

Border Collies are so intelligent, I'm sure you can teach her not to "dig" in your garden! We had an Australian Shepherd which we loved, she was a smart one too. We would like a small dog, but not right now when we are traveling almost every month to our RV Rallys. It is a pain to have to walk and pick up after a dog, especially in bad weather.

I am working on a backing for one of my UFO's, as I await my last border fabric for En Provence. I really want to get these UFO's worked on. I found a great sheet set at IKEA today. It was a double size set for $19.99. It is 100% cotton, 140 count. I washed and dried it, and I think it will work great. I am going to enlarge it by putting a row of triangles down the back, and maybe put some strips from the front fabric alongside them. Just in the planning stages. Can't beat the price!
Old 03-02-2017, 10:49 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post

I am working on a backing for one of my UFO's, as I await my last border fabric for En Provence. I really want to get these UFO's worked on. I found a great sheet set at IKEA today. It was a double size set for $19.99. It is 100% cotton, 140 count. I washed and dried it, and I think it will work great. I am going to enlarge it by putting a row of triangles down the back, and maybe put some strips from the front fabric alongside them. Just in the planning stages. Can't beat the price!
I can beat it! I go and pick at the Goodwill Outlet centers, where they sell stuff by the pound. I've found some amazing, like new, top sheets to use for backings... less than $2 each. I also found a gorgeous vintage 60's sheet in like new condition. It's the back of my Grand Illusion quilt now.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:35 AM

Bamboo batting is very soft and easy to work with. I have almost found bamboo backing a couple of times. It washes like a charm and easy to care for in a quilt. Have not seen it on line, Givio, sowhere have you seen it?

Sound like JeanieG you will on the road every month. So glad you'all have found a good way to enjoy life...one day at a time. We did enjoy what we did with our family camping. Now the camper has been passed on to our DD and family. We scarely drive more than fifty miles round trip ourselves. We would rather stay at home. What used to take me a week in the sewing room now takes about 3 weeks or more. Sigh. but I still enjoy it and 'pat' the fabric.

Everyone have a good week.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:46 AM
Power Poster

Bamboo batting can be ordered from: Craftsy, JoAnn's, Walmart online, Amazon, Fabric.com, Etsy, Ebay... most places online that sell fabric.

I've gotten so I'd rather order online and order than have to drive, drive, drive to find things. Would rather stay home and sew.