Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 08-14-2016, 01:30 PM

Finally finished all my FWS 30's blocks! I am so delighted!

I pulled a UFO down and am cutting borders for it. That is all I have to do on that one, then another UFO finished. I have so many that need only a few things to make them a flimsy. It is too hot to quilt on the one that is hanging in the closet. I've got about 1/2 of it quilted.

I have put all my 30's fabric away, and was so happy to not look at them again for awhile.

I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the day/evening.
Old 08-14-2016, 04:37 PM
Power Poster

MrSewbizgirl is a lucky guy...did you do the bluework? It's hard to tell if it's hand stitched from the photo...

Since my neighbor passed and I have seen what she's left behind I am organizing my random pieces of stash into projects...planned a quilt in EQ to start after I get a couple of quilts quilted and bound...hope to do more planning like that and to only buy to finish a project...

AC went in years ago...MrOK spends 6-8 hours in the "sauna" and getting a good night's sleep gets him back in groove for the next day. Month of August due to calves list had 23 cows on it...4 in the last 24 hours...fresh cows add time to the milking routine as their milk is not put in the bulk tank for the first 3-5 days so they are milked after all the others are done..

Beautiful summer day with low humidity after a very humid week...AC is off and windows open...have a good night...
Old 08-14-2016, 04:48 PM
Power Poster

Growing up in Massachusetts we never had air conditioning. Just opened windows and suffered.... I remember sleeping out on the screened porch many a night in the summers. Here in Mississippi we think A/C is a MUST, but my relatives who lived down here since forever didn't have it until about the 70's or 80's.

We got more rain today and the temps actually dropped to 77! Amazing, since way further north it's so much hotter.

Jeanie, I know what you mean about being sick of the 1930's fabrics. To get variety I bought a bunch of them. At Quilt Week in Paducah you had to buy a minimum of 1 yard to get the bargains, so I have full yards of many. I'm going to make some aprons out of those and try to sell them at the Christmas craft fairs I do. Gotta do something with them.

I started on the wedding gown today... Got two layers hemmed and have the two sheerest top layers to do. Tiny narrow rolled hems on sheers... what fun! Just shoot me now.
Old 08-14-2016, 04:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
MrSewbizgirl is a lucky guy...did you do the bluework? It's hard to tell if it's hand stitched from the photo...
Yes, it's hand embroidery, although the pattern also comes as a machine embroidery disc. I'm a hand embroidery girl.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:58 PM

Hi Everyone, All of you have been and continue to be very busy with your sewing...I was looking thru some of the new quilting magazines in JoAnn's and saw a quilt that I could use alot of my 2.5" candies..the pattern calls for pieces that are 2.5 x 4.5 sections, so, I thought that I could sew two of the patches to make one 2.5 x 4.5 piece, sew 4 of them to make a 4.5 x 8.5 piece, sew a 2.5 x 8.5 strip to each side and you end up with a finished 8 " square.. it's easy. I have one row done already... I left it at work 'cause I'm working all day tomorrow..will take some pic's tomorrow when I get home..

I will be posting block 99 Widow on Tuesday and the thread will continue for completed quilts..I don't want to post another update thread..It will be too confusing as we already have an "update" thread..

Sewbiz, where is the photo of Mr SB's shirt? I would love to see it...

Have to turn in now ..Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work I go..in the a.m. that is. H.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:25 PM
Power Poster

Alright, I'll get you a picture of the shirt.

The wedding gown is done. Hallelujah! Now we shall see if I got the length right. I sure hope so. I don't want to mess with this dress any more.

Ann, if you need ideas for 2.5" candy, check out the birthday swap. We post ideas and have had several project sew-alongs. We did the Arkansas Crossroads as a baby quilt, some candy dresdens, and are now doing a Christmas stocking. Also, I have a Pinterest board for scrap quilting that has a lot of pins for using candies:https://www.pinterest.com/bonbonevans/scraps/ scroll about halfway down.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:45 AM

I tried to edit my message above to add the quilt I finished adding the final border to yesterday. It would not let me edit the message because more than 20 minutes has gone by! Oh well! Here is the 7th Train Ride Mystery Quilt done here on this Board. Judy does a great job designing these Mysteries!
Attached Thumbnails img_0481.jpg  
Old 08-15-2016, 05:09 PM

Must feel like a relief to get the gown done!
Wow, so nice of you, QNS, to offer scraps. I'm always game for some, but just got some from you recently, so will let someone else have a turn.
Great quilt top, Jeanie. What lovely colors together. Will you keep it, or will it be a present to someone? What is the size?
Old 08-15-2016, 05:17 PM
Power Poster

I finished my Widow block and some more of the older ones today... I have decided that I am done. I have 81 blocks made, and that's enough to do a nice size quilt. If I find I need more I will go back and make some of the ones I skipped. I'm just tired of them and ready to do something else. So... I DID finish with yinz, which was my goal from the start!

Heck yes, the wedding gown is a load off my mind. Have to wait til Friday to see if the length is perfect.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 09-15-2016 at 07:10 AM. Reason: pm
Old 08-16-2016, 06:17 AM
Power Poster

I use Pinterest, and yes it is addictive....disadvantage for me is the slow internet connections I occasionally have; when I want to go see an idea, I can't view anything....best time for me is early morning....gotta dash off to work....have a great day...