Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 08-11-2016, 05:04 PM

SBG, that's what happened with my peas. They turned brown, shriveled up, and gave up the ghost. I planted the seeds at the end of May.
Bev, Yes, they sprouted quickly, I was surprised, like in 3 days! Amazed me.
I watered every day, but they couldn't take the heat we had this summer.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:56 PM
Power Poster

Excited as I sewed tonight...making luggage tags for the two Dutch Grands as they are traveling to see their Oma in a few weeks...very quick and easy...
Old 08-12-2016, 04:09 AM

Good to hear from everyone enjoying their summers. I think I am back on 'track' now, feeling better with the "I can" attitude now. Quilting Room is back in operation to do the rest of the FW blocks. Promised dh to can green beans tomorrow. Yesterday worked up the white peaches he had brought in into a peach crisp. Then he had to tell me how bac it was, and how I used too much corn starch....when he had not tasted it. I did taste it, and it was white because he had brought in white peaches. LOL! Too funny. Last night he ate some and had to tell me how good it was. Men!

SBG, loved your little cartoon with the cat on the ironing board. That is where my cat sat yesterday. And spit up there so I had to wash the cover...just water, thank goodness. Something did not agree with her tummy. Seems better today.

OK, it was good hearing from ou with all the work you are doing for your 'guests' on the farm. No matter how big or litte, there is always something to do on the farm. Never ever boring. Getting the "tech farming" pictures on face book and amazed how machinery has changed from my childhood and Dh's too.

Have a good day everyone. Smile. At least once in the day.
Old 08-12-2016, 05:52 AM
Power Poster

Good morning everyone!

OK, you seem to have an endless supply of grandchildren! What a blessing. How did you end up with Dutch grands?
Are all the other kids/grandkids still there with you? Love your stories.

QNS, glad you are feeling better and feel like sewing. It's got to be overwhelming to have all the produce coming in and have to do something with it so it doesn't go to waste. I miss my days of the big veggie garden, tho.

My little doe is back eating behind the house this morning. We have seen her just about every day this past week. The other day there were a pair of them in the front of the house too. Yeah, we can forget about a garden, unless we are willing to build an 8 foot electrified fence around it! I do love watching the deer in the woods, tho.

Got two receiving blankets put together for donation last night, and finished putting hubby's wall hanging top together. His birthday is tomorrow so I will be quilting the wall hanging and finishing it up today. He is always around tho, so it's hard to be sneaky about it. After that I will tackle the wedding gown alteration.

Hope you all have a great day and weekend!
Old 08-12-2016, 06:53 AM
Power Poster

We have 11 Grands...5 a half mile and a hill away, 2 in WI, 3 in NC and 1 in MA....our SIL is from Holland; their 2 kids are very blond and light skinned...12 yo slathers on the sun screen and still gets sun burned, and she's an outdoor girl...house is quiet today...NC family sleeping in their own beds...

There are days when I wish I had more fruit trees and then glad I don't have all that canning, I'd have to do...kudos to you QNS....

At some point that bride will be on your doorstep SBG...I know that feeling of not really wanting to do something so I find other more fun things to do....

Last edited by oksewglad; 08-12-2016 at 06:55 AM.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:20 AM
Power Poster

The intimidating part about the wedding gown is that I have to 'estimate' the length of the top layer of skirt! She had 4 layers and by the time I worked from the inside layer, out to the third layer, she got swoony and had to lie down. The outer two layers are the same length so I'm praying I can match the 4th layer to where I pinned up the 3rd layer. It's tricky getting their gowns just that perfect 1/2" off the floor so they don't step on it, without getting it too short. Too long won't work either. It takes so long to get all the layers pinned perfectly and the bride is uncomfortable, shifts around a lot, and about half of them get the swoons! It's really for the birds....
Old 08-12-2016, 11:16 AM
Power Poster

Yes there is a reason I don't do alterations....
Old 08-12-2016, 01:38 PM

Love catching up on all the news, yinz are all so busy. It is sooooo hot here; they keep predicting rain but haven't had any. Yards are brown, plants withered. And preseason football starts tonight--and they expect a sell out crowd for the Steelers game. Hope they have lots of EMTs on hand for all the fans that pass out.

Finally used up the last of my 50 Fabulous PP Stars (from a year ago); made a long (95") table runner for DIL. The worst part is the binding. I didn't have enough fabric so I'm using single fold and could only cut it 1 3/4" wide so I hope I can catch it all when I stitch it down. I'm NOT doing this one by hand.

Stay cool, ladies, and keep the tales coming--I so enjoy hearing about your lives.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:29 PM
Power Poster

It's been hot and super humid here... sometimes 100% humidity. But we have had a ton of rain, too. Hope some of it blows your way, Jan.

Managed to finish hubby's wall hanging in the nick of time. He will have this and a shirt I made, and a cheesecake for his birthday goodies tomorrow. He'll be happy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555890[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555891[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc02711-small-.jpg   dsc02712-small-.jpg  
Old 08-13-2016, 04:05 AM

Happy Birthday to Mr. SewBizGirl. May it be a good day for him and for you.

Still hot and muggy here; looking for cooler weather, not cold weather. May it be a good day for all.