Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 10-20-2016, 08:12 PM

I thought that I'd show ya'll the view from DM's window at the hospital.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]560688[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails hospital-window-view.jpg  
Old 10-20-2016, 09:49 PM
Power Poster

Sixteen stitches??? Who... QNS or Mr. QNS? And why? That's a lot of stitches, like with a surgery. Hope all's ok. No wonder you were in a hurry to get in to see a dr! Pain meds ought to be in order with that many stitches.

Honchey glad you made the drive ok. Those long drives just kill me these days. Glad it's over for you. You'll have a pkg. of scraps coming up there shortly. Your package went out today.

Bev, congrats on the sale of your house. Timing was perfect. God does work all things together for our good. Great Christmas present for you!
Old 10-20-2016, 09:52 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dublb View Post
I thought that I'd show ya'll the view from DM's window at the hospital.
I've spent many a night looking at a view like that. My hubby is hospitalized fairly often. He has lots of problems that can put him in the hospital. You're right... it's a world unto itself. I lose track of time and days when we are there. Especially if it's something really serious and worrysome.

So, did you say your Mom came home?
Old 10-20-2016, 09:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
i love the rope trivets, I'd like to make a few. Have you thought of doing a tute on them. Please?
Hi Lynnie... thanks for popping in.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:17 AM

Removal of skin cancer, took a bite out of side of my face . Just an every six months to a year thing, no big deal. Yea, it hurts for a while, but heals and life goes on. Looking forward to quilting today. Gotta finish that Stack n whack this week.

Dublb, nice to sell the house in Midland, Tx. I still need your email and new address, please. That is quite a view out the sindow.

Honchey good that you arrived safe and sound. Take care everyone.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:31 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
Removal of skin cancer, took a bite out of side of my face . Just an every six months to a year thing, no big deal. Yea, it hurts for a while, but heals and life goes on.
Oh my goodness... you are so brave! Hope it doesn't hurt too long. Dad was out in the sun picking cotton as a boy/young man, and got skin cancer on his face in older age too. They used to burn the lesions off with chemicals. Not fun. It kills me to see young people turning their bodies dark, dark brown on tanning beds these days. They have no regard to how dangerous that is.

Enjoy your quilting day, NinaSue... I have a Christmas stack and whack throw that I have to get quilted. My local group is giving Christmas quilts to the hospital this year and the quilts will be collected first of November.

We've been sweltering here in the heat, but last night a big wind blew through and today it's COLD! Gloriously cold! Finally... What a long summer we had!
Old 10-21-2016, 08:34 AM

I got a minute. DM is still in the hospital. They are gonna do a drain of fluid in the abdomen today. Depending on the test results she might go to Health South today. They better hurry or it will be Next week.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:45 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dublb View Post
Mama is doing better. It has been a long 2 days. Her breathing was so labored last night. She was hot from the exertion. Around 2 last night this morning it settled down. I laid down about 2:30 but I set my timer to go off every 30 minutes so I could listen to her breath. I was surprised at how much sleep I got between those 30 minutes. We got up at about 8:30. She did get better as the day went. She does need to get up & get moving. That will get the fluid off of her. Once the fluid is off she will be better.
I came home to a steak supper.
Does your mother take lasix? I couldn't remember, but I ask because my doctor always has my husband who has congestive heart failure and takes lasix to take so much potassium per the amount of lasix. She said it was important. They didn't give my dad any in the nursing home when they put him on massive doses of lasix before he passed away. That has always bothered me, and I brought it up to his doctor. I am so glad your dear mom is doing better.
Old 10-21-2016, 12:05 PM
Power Poster

QNS I am glad that you and hubby are doing better. I hope you heal well.

Sewbizgirl your aprons, and the towels you embroidered are so pretty. I am glad to hear you did well too. That makes it so worth it, but glad you got some rest.

I love those round fabric mats or rugs. They are so pretty. I want to try one sometime. Do they take a lot of fabric strips?

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:03 PM
Power Poster

Hi Susan! Good to hear from you. I remember my mom taking Lasix most all of her adult life. I think it was because she battled high blood pressure.

Hope all's going well for you and you have been having some great days!