Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 11-06-2016, 03:15 PM

Sorry to here of your home problems, Honchey. One day at at a time and it will work out for you. All for the better, I hope.

Dublb, good luck and continued prayers for your DM. Sounds like the best place for her right now.

The neighbor friend is learning how to do the Stack and Whack as she has the time. We stacked and whacked about a year ago. Now we are sewing the 'Good Morning' pattern together; a six sided octagon (60 degree triangles sewn on a 45 degree cuts or petal a 'flower'. Just 39 of them with no two a like, and that's the magic of the pattern. Then we have the two borders before the top is finished.. . another couple of weeks, I think. Then she wants to learn the flying geese pattern and bear claws, too. I hope it takes all winter, as she is a almost perfect person to know. I admire her and her families in the area. I have zillon more patterns to tempt her. LOL!
Old 11-06-2016, 07:25 PM
Power Poster

How nice you have a willing convert, QNS. I know you will be an awesome teacher/mentor for her. In the Spring you can introduce her to Row by Row!

Anyone going to do Bonnie Hunter's new mystery quilt, En Provence? If you are a purple person you will love the color scheme... lots of purples and lavenders. She's showing the colors now on her blog. Clues don't start for a few weeks.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:07 PM

Yes, I am doing the Bonnie Hunter Mystery again this year. So much fun! Just love them.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:38 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
Yes, I am doing the Bonnie Hunter Mystery again this year. So much fun! Just love them.
Did you pick your colors and fabrics yet? I don't have a lot of purple and don't really just LOVE purple, so I should probably substitute... but for what?
Old 11-06-2016, 09:09 PM

I've seen some people using different shades of blue (light & dark) for the purples/lavenders. They were posted on Facebook. I'm okay with the colors, need to find some more of those dark greens.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:01 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
I've seen some people using different shades of blue (light & dark) for the purples/lavenders. They were posted on Facebook. I'm okay with the colors, need to find some more of those dark greens.
Would love to see your fabrics when you get them put together.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:29 AM
Power Poster

Good morning! Hope everyone is happy this morning.... I am feeling very hopeful.

I have pulled my Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt fabrics and posted a picture of them in that thread:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltin...ml#post7695781

Anyone tempted to join JeanieG and I? You don't have to make the whole big quilt, you can do half the blocks and make a throw size, or even less for a baby quilt or wall hanging. It's just fun to play along.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:10 AM

Neighbor Patty and I are working on her Stack 'n Whack quilt to get it finished. We detoured last Monday to look at her panels of horses and worked on flying geese for borders around the panels. Then our microwave died at lunch time! So yesterday after we voted, we went on to K., and found a replacement. Yea! Works fine.

Will have my PC quilt back from the LA by next Tuesday...I am so looking forward to seeing it again.

Neighbor Patty was delayed today, so I am working on Eleanor Burns Wild Flying Geese pattern for a quilt. It takes 360 flying geese, but with the shortcut from Kits by Carla, it should move forward fairly easy. Love my choice of fabric.

Take care and have a good day today.
Old 11-09-2016, 10:52 AM

QNS - don't you wonder how we ever got along without microwave ovens? Amazing!!!
Old 11-09-2016, 01:38 PM
Power Poster

Will look forward to seeing your Wild Flying Geese, QNS...