Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 11-09-2016, 07:30 PM

Ok, SBG, remind us when the first clue is posted on the BH mystery. I'll try it this time. :-)

QNS, I'm looking forward to you getting PC quilt back too! We'd like to see a picture of it!
Old 11-09-2016, 07:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by givio View Post
Ok, SBG, remind us when the first clue is posted on the BH mystery. I'll try it this time. :-)
N'ya ah ahhhhh.... I got one to take the bait!

The first clue comes out on Nov. 25, two weeks from Friday, and the day after Thanksgiving! Then there will be a clue every Friday for probably 6 weeks. She usually does the big reveal on New Year's Day.

This is the link to the QAL on Bonnie's blog:
http://quiltville.blogspot.com/p/en-...e-mystery.html

QNS, can't wait to see your quilted Pony Club quilt....
Old 11-10-2016, 05:50 AM

Now I found a dozen ways not to do the 20 flying geese at a time. Taking a break and going back to Patty's Stack 'n Whack. It goes on the vertical board today, and we start on the border. Also working on several horse panel quilts for her grandchildren. Love the fact she has a large family to sew for, may the work on her quilts last all winter and into the spring. Love the companionship in the quilt room. . . cherish every moment. No sisters or cousins close enough to quilt with, so its so very nice that a neighbor is interested enough to come over and work with me.

Have a wonderful day. It is all sunshine here, a bit chilly, furnace is on heat.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:32 AM
Power Poster

Sounds like you have found a good quilting partner, QNS. Fun for you and her both.

Our weather had finally cooled off after we got a big rain! First rain in about two months! Everything was crispy and dying. Our fall color this year was from orange pine trees, dying from the drought. Sad. But we are supposed to get more rain again and will slowly build back the water tables. Thankful for that!
Old 11-10-2016, 10:56 AM

QNS - I wish I had someone to quilt with! I have only one other person I know that quilts, but we live some distance apart. She is part of my RV group, so we talk quilting sometimes at the campouts. That is why I enjoy the quilt-a-longs here on the board and the friendships I have made on this thread! We have only a small fabric/curio shop here in my town, the one North of us is closing at the end of the year, and I never really enjoyed her shop. The other two closest quilt shops were to the South of us and the people were not very friendly. I really miss the one we had here in town that closed about five years ago. She had great classes, and everyone was so friendly.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:24 AM
Power Poster

Oh Jeanie, I can't imagine how tough it is not to have a sewing community IRL...sewglad we are here together...I have family that love to sew, but they are miles away so like you QNS my QBuddy is there to share my passion...even if she called me crazy regarding my current project.

Went to town this morning...brought home a pantry cupboard on sale to hide, I mean store, my stash....my cup (boards) runneth over. Also brought $ home...car was filled with 5¢ cans and bottles..helped pay for my cupboard....

Good luck with the BH quilt and share progress, you gals....last night got my 4 blocks done for guild next Monday night...now back to work...cooked up a bunch of squash and need to put the excess in the freezer...a cup of squash will taste great in ham and potato soup this winter...
Old 11-10-2016, 02:13 PM

The PC quilt:[ATTACH=CONFIG]562014[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]562015[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]562016[/ATTACH]center of picture is our pony mare with a 21 inch tall colt adn 17 inches long.[ATTACH=CONFIG]562017[/ATTACH]One of my drawings in the quilt for grandson. The stack ''n whack on vertical wall:[ATTACH=CONFIG]562018[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscn0718.jpg   dscn0719.jpg   dscn0723.jpg   dscn0724.jpg   dscn0725.jpg  

Old 11-10-2016, 04:19 PM
Power Poster

WOW That Pony Club quilt!! So beautiful, and I love the horsey and western fabrics you used. Your horse drawing is great to QNS. That's one amazing quilt. Is it for your grandson for Christmas?

The stack and whack is beautiful.... they look just like snowflakes! Pretty colors. Wondering what the original fabric was.

I got some more 12" blocks made today for a children's sampler to donate. Having a lot of fun with it. Givio has helped me with a few, too. She made some great ones. I'll show you when I get them together.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:43 PM

QNS, the PC quilt is outstanding!!!! It brings back a lot of memories and seeing the fabric we traded is so special to look at.. The one block wonder is a wonder!!

I miss my down south quilting buddies..there's always something to do with them...

I've been packing up my stash and I won't ever have to buy another piece of fabric...If I keep on saying that maybe I can convince myself A lot of my stash has become Vintage..I can't believe it..

Oh well, Have a good day and remember it's Veteran's Day tomorrow. H.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:46 PM

QNS!!!! Fantastic! If ever there was a pony club quilt, that's sure it! No doubt about it. Absolutely love how you sashed it. That's the bee's knees! Are you going to bind it in red?

The blue fabric made some lovely designs. Is there any yardage left to put a piece in the border or on the back to show what it was orginally like? It's fun to see before/after designs.

Thanks for sharing!! :-)