Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 69 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19 59 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 1807

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Pretty rug. Great job using up strips.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

Love your rug, Givio! Hoping to work in the QR today....maybe finish my first of the Bible Sampler blocks! Warned dh I am at least one week behind doing what I want to do...so don't expect too much from me this next week....or longer. LOL!

I went to Brownwood to sew w/a new DF yesterday. She has a wonderful Sewing studio. She lives on a ranch & I would never be able to find my way to her house w/o the GPS. Well it was rainy all day yesterday (Hooray!) & some of the roads to get to her house are dirt. Well I was driving along & was on a paved road. I passed a road the then the GPS told me I need to turn there. I guess the satellite thought I wasn't there yet. Anyway I stopped & backed up.....right into the bar ditch. Well my front tires were on the pavement but not the back wheels. I did try rocking the Sequoia back & forth 2 or 3 times but was just spinning my wheels (pun intended.) So I got out & looked at my situation. I saw that I was never gonna get out that way & that if I backed further into the ditch I could then turn & go out where it wasn't so steep, had more grass & less mud. Well it worked great! I went ahead, went to my DF's house & had a great time.
    I worked on my Blue & Yellow QAYG UFO. It has 12 sampler 12" finished blocks. This has been a UFO for 4 or 5 years. I thought it would be great to get it done so I can give it to my DM for Christmas. I got all 4 rows sewn together & the back seams glued down ready to hand sew. I also got 2 rows sewn to each other but the back on that one isn't ready to be hand sewn.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

dublb! What an adventure you had! I suppose I would have called a tow truck.

First block in upper right of BS finished with hour glass block on each side....called the Evening Star, number 87.

Name:  DSCN0844.JPG
Views: 98
Size:  65.2 KB

Dublb, that sounds like quite an adventure; so happy you had fun when you got there. Any chance of seeing your work in progress or is it a secret until after Christmas?

That is a beautiful block, QNS!

And Giv, I love the rug. Those are so great to have.

Bev, what an adventurous chick you are, getting yourself out of a rut! I'm sure it wasn't your first rodeo... LOL.
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 19 Album of Blocks I Made for Others https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19825.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wow QNS - that looks like a really hard block!! Great job, love it!

Bev - What an adventure for your first time to sew with a new friend!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    That's right...Bev won't forget her first trip to the "ranch"! Ah gotta love those country roads!

What a nice start QNS...a jewel of a block in my book!

Working 4 days this week...so another day gone tomorrow...later.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

QNS, your block looks like a flower. Curved seams?? The other quilts didn't have any, did they?

Yes, Givio. It wasn't that hard. Left the middle part, and did the two sides first then sewed it together and no Y seams. Gave some thought to hand stitching it, but did it all on the sewing machine. Doing the Tree of Life now, and singing Rock of Ages to myself... the tree trunk is boulders and rocks but looks like bark. Going though my stash for this look or that look. Main colors are the tan and chocolate with purple (shades) and green (shades) in the blocks. Having fun with it. Working on the Stack 'n Whack on vertical board, and putting the binding on two finished quilts in my mind. It will all be finished soon...the S&W and the binding on the two quilts.

Have we seen a picture of the S&Ws yet? My word! You are busy!

Today I finished quilting (in the ditch) a thin narrow quilt that I made to hang above the bottom step of the stairs going upstairs. The stairs are enclosed with a wall on each side of them. I used that Scrappy Trips pattern that Bonnie Hunter has a pattern of on her site. I'm thinking this quilt will help to keep the heat down on the main floor. Or, maybe it will just be annoying to move it when I want to go upstairs! lol I hope to get it bound and hung next week.

Love to read about all your (everyone's) stories of being busy and yet find time to post it here. I enjoy every story. It is so nice when you share and put a smile on my face! Yes, Givio, your idea is a good one. I hang curtains in my Bedroom and Bath in the winter time to keep cold wind out that blows in through the windows. Building defect. Lived in an old farm house that did that, but this new all steel home does it too.

I have been informed that that my #1DSis is in the hospital. She has pneumonia. She has been fighting the nurses, trying to refuse food & breathing treatments. She has also taken out her IV's a couple of times. I was talking to #2DSis about it last night. She & I agreed that the hospital needed to get #1DSis a nicotine patch. One of the things that #1Dsis was mad about was no one would let her go out & smoke. I did hear that she was on the patch late last night but have'nt heard if that helped. I might have to go to Midland to take a turn staying at the hospital.
    Bev

dublb, Oh, my! It seems like a breathing treatment would really be a benefit for her. ... She sounds like a feisty girl. When I had pneumonia it didn't seem so bad-- probably because I'd previously had whooping cough. Smokers have lungs with troubles to begin with, so maybe it's a reason for her to think the pneumonia is not that bad, but it is bad when you can't breathe and your lungs are having troubles... Sending prayers your way...

Bev - So sorry to hear of the problems with your sister's health. Smoking is such a bad addiction, and it is so hard to quit. I just lost a RV friend to lung cancer this week. She was a chain smoker for so many years. The patch did help her to quit, but it was really too late for her.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Dublb, sending prayers your way. Seems like #DS is fighting those that are trying to help her, but her smoking habit is giving her ;more trouble than the pneumonia which is not all bad. Might be her chance to quit smoking...but she might not see it that way. An old IV sore of mine has burned in skin cancer and will removed on the 28th of this month.

Repeating the Evening Star, will a close up of it wo you can see its reflection better and the Tree of Life:
    Name:  DSCN0846.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  112.8 KBName:  DSCN0848.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  111.1 KB The tree has me thinking of a couple of songs: Down in the Valley and Rock of Ages....might be just me. Just a 126 left to do this next year!

Bev, those nicotine patches do help. They use them a lot in hospitals. They deliver a lot of nicotine so your sis should be feeling more 'herself' while she's on them. And yes, it's really time to quit smoking! I hope she will cooperate for her breathing treatments. So sorry!

Great blocks, QNS. So far, they both look very hard. Your fabrics are gorgeous.
    Boom 19 Album of Blocks I Made for Others https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19825.html

Thanks, SBG. I love going through my stash for each block; wonder how many different fabrics I will use in this. Time will tell.

I am so sorry. I meant to tell ya Givo how much I love your rug. I have always wanted to make one. OH & QNS your blocks are just wonderful!!!!!

I do have good news today. #1DSis is cooperative now that she has nicotine in her system. She is taking her meds & eating. Her Dr said that she is improving wonderful. Her DR also is gonna do a test for pancreatitis even though she thinks that the pain is just sore muscles from coughing. She is just gonna make sure. I feel good about this Dr. She seems on top of things. She also told us that #1DSis might be going home in a few days. I am hoping that she will go to her DD's house.
    Bev

Glad things are sounding better, Bev.

On to block number 88, Bible sampler Quilt block, Thunder and lightning and I added the silver cloud lining. Enjoy.

Name:  DSCN0849.JPG
Views: 79
Size:  128.9 KB

QNS, There's a creative one! :-)

Perfect fabrics for it, QNS.

Now that's one purdy block! I just love your fabrics.
    Bev

I tore apart the latest block to re-do and I like the re-do better. Will post by Wednesday....tomorrow is a crazy day and next Tuesday will be a crazy day. They enrich our boring life style, but its a rush to do everything planned. Think everyone has them days in their life.

Page 69 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19 59 68 69 70 ... LastLast