Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 10-21-2017, 01:09 PM

Falling in love with the way Laura makes her hour glass blocks. Quick and easy and makes up half of the quilt!

QR day!!!! Hooray.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:57 PM

Seems Laura's measurements aren't quite accurate. Big surprise. She says for the king to use 2 5/8 yard for the light and the same for the dark. I cut up two yards of each....7 1/4 inch strips salvage to salvage, and got 6 square blocks from one strip.and have ten strips cut from the 2 yards...making 60 of the 128 blocks needed. So did I go wrong???
Old 10-21-2017, 09:14 PM

QNS - so glad your DH emergency turned out okay! Such a miserable night for you. Hope the rest of the weekend goes well. We are on a trip and visiting our son in Phoenix right now. Still many projects at home to work on.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:04 PM

QNS, what an initiation for driving again! I dislike driving at night, and I haven't eye problems like you've had. I'm thankful that your husband is okay. I appreciate your positive outlook on life. It's often refreshing to read your posts because I am encouraged by your wonderful attitude.
Old 10-25-2017, 05:47 PM

Thanks, Givio! I try to stay positive, because I believe everything happens for a reason. And when one door closes, another will open.

Life is a challenge; you can cry and feel sorry for your poor self or you can look for the silver lining in the clouds and find humor in the situation. My DGM always found some humor in the situations and joked about it. It taught me a lot about life and its struggles...that makes us stronger to deal with the situation. We are not thru the woods yet, but we are smiling at the clouds.

Love doing the Bible Sampler; having more fun that I thought I would. The hour glass block is coming out better than I hoped and I think the two yards of each color will be enough. She does use red in the quilt, that I will not because that is the color of the Devil himself.. .exception is the block of the Devil himself.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:02 AM

Red often reminds me of tulips. I love red tulips. My mother did too. When she died in the month of January, I wanted to bring red tulips for her funeral.

I felt it was like a miracle to find potted, live, blooming tulips that time of year at a local store. I could get them at local store prices rather than florist prices! I squeezed as many as I could in my car-- the front passenger seat, the back seat, the floors, and the trunk was full with them. It was chain store, and I had to go to at least four in our area to buy all they had. At the service, her coffin was surrounded by a sea of red tulips (and, of course, other cut flower arrangements). God made all the colors in the rainbow, and all the variations of them in this world.

I didn't read all of my Bible sampler book. If there is a block with the Devil, I'm not sure I'll include that one!
Old 10-27-2017, 10:50 AM

Givio, number 27 is the Devil's puzzle, p 137. I am organizing my 'book' of templates and paper piecing according to the she has organized the blocks for the king sized quilt, instead of the 1, 2 , and 3 order. But the black ink cartridge gave out and I discovered the black I had gotten was number 952, not the 950 that I needed. Too bad I cannot trade with someone who uses that cartridge. So I am completing more hour glass blocks now; looks like I might be a little short of fabric. But it doesn't take 2 5/8 yards of light and dark...2 yds and 15 inches should do it....even with errors like I make. LOL!

Temperatures gong down this week end. Great quilting weather!
Old 10-27-2017, 05:38 PM

OH, I can feel the excitement building over the bible sampler. I am so excited that ya are doing it. I know that it will be along time till I get around to making it.
DGD spent the night last night She finished her circle skirt last night, got her li'le Stary Night quilt laid out & got the bottom 4 rows, not only sewn together, but sewn to each other. She said that she is so glad to be living here.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:48 AM

Dublb, hope you enjoy many more nights with DGD. Sounds like you enjoyed the visit, too.

Another LQS is closing; she is retiring....selling everything off at 35% discount, so will be making a trip over to her shop on Monday. Loved her 'backroom' bargains and will miss that 50% off bolts of fabric specials.

So much to do in QR, I need to spend more time there....multiple choices to choose from to finish up... beef and noodles, and a beef vegetable soup in refrigerator, maybe today I can sew.

Take care and enjoy the weekend.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:18 AM
Power Poster

Morning all...going to visit an ailing aunt today, so will be on the road soon. Finished sewing blocks to Tula Pink's City sampler book...and have them sewn in strips ready to set in a background setting, but need to buy fabric for it. I'm sewing my house blocks to HST's as leaders and enders in this project. Hope to get that top all finished by the weekend. Worked only 1 day this week, but work 4 next...
Hope Mr QNS is doing better..lucky that your sight is returning...I'd call your night trip a "baptism by fire"!
Later....