Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 09-06-2017, 05:25 AM

No place like home where the heart is Dublb. Poor victims in Houston will be months before they can come back home....clean up has began big time....block by block, neighborhood by neighborhood, thanks to many volunteers and money. Has Home Depot or Lowes contributed yet?

Well, Mary Kinney of Lucas Quilt Store emailed me I had won a couple of prizes from the Shop Hop last June, but tailed to tell me what I had won. Hope it keeps until the 18th of the month when Quilter 65 and I can check with her. Like waiting for Christmas.

Take care and have a good week, I am counting down the days...
Old 09-06-2017, 10:24 AM

Woo Hoo - how fun to have won something QNS!!!

Prayers for those in Florida! I cannot believe that this may hit the US so soon after the Texas devastation. I do not remember two Hurricanes hitting so close together before. So sad!
Old 09-06-2017, 07:25 PM

DH & I got the '66 Ford F100 PU running. Well, all I did was hand DH some stuff & offer encouraging words. I also got all greasy. Not sure how that happened. Anyway the starter is in & now he can take it to a shop & get some other stuff fixed. Stuff that is over his abilities now. I then got to sew this afternoon.

QNS ,Whoo Hoo! For winning something at that LQS! I am excited for ya!
Yes lets keep those in Florida in our prayers! This is scary!
Old 09-08-2017, 06:35 AM

The temps are dropping! Our lows this morning was 53!!!! We have the windows open & the air-conditioners off!! We will only get up to the upper 80's today. This is a bit early for my temps to drop & it might mean a colder winter, but I am pleased right now. It was wonderful for walking this morning.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:57 AM

llHope all is well with everyone. I was hoping to see more blocks, but everyone must be busy with other thiings. Monday is coming soon...hurrah! I truly hope it works as well as what the doctor says. Then we will celebrate and pick up my prizes for the June all Iowa shop hop...a packet of fat quarters and a box of thread. Cousin Mary will be visiting that week and we will have so much fun.. take care everyone, Hello to all.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:08 AM
Power Poster

All the best with your surgery, QNS.

I have been overwhelmed with "other stuff" going on in my life, and haven't revisited my PC blocks. But there will be more.... I have collected a huge 'stash' of fabric for the quilt and will get those blocks made, eventually. I found pictures of my kids on their pony, Little Joe, when they were small. Going to attempt to transfer the pics onto fabric for the quilt.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:36 AM

I have been busy too. Doing the li'le things that need to be done around the house. I also started putting the wood putty on the window frames in the entrance hall. I have also made a few more blocks for my 6" sampler. Here are a few.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]580535[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]580536[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]580537[/ATTACH]
And here is a stamp block. I am making stamp blocks to go between each sampler block.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]580539[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 52-2-blaized-trail.jpg   52-2-atlantic-seas.jpg   52-2-all-those-squares.jpg   52-week%3B-1st-stamp-block.jpg  
Old 09-14-2017, 01:47 PM
Power Poster

So nice Bev! That stamp block idea is great! It will really set off the special blocks. I love that second one, with the yellow center... and your turkeys, LOL! They would look good in a pony quilt.

Speaking of ponies... there's now a Shetland in the pasture across the street from us that I can photograph if I need to. And I know where a guy who does pony rides keeps all his ponies pastured. So I'm not lacking for ponies to photograph!
Old 09-14-2017, 06:13 PM
Power Poster

Best of luck on Monday, QNS...

I don't know where the time goes...it just slips away some days. I'm organizing scraps for another big mini project and getting the design set in EQ...It will be long term for sure.

Nice blocks, Bev...SBG pony blocks of your kids is a perfect addition to your quilt.

Later..
Old 09-17-2017, 06:20 AM

Sue I am praying that your procedure tomarrow goes well. HUGGS & Prayers my DF!!!