Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 09-20-2017, 04:52 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
Wonderful news QNS!!! So happy for you to have this much better vision!

Now that it has cooled down here, I have been quilting my En Provence Quilt. I want it finished before the next mystery starts the day after Thanksgiving. I am also putting the borders on my FW 30's quilt. And am deciding on sashings for our blocks that we all made for one another. Such fun!

I've done the past several Bonnie Hunter mysteries and I'm not sure I'm going to play this year. I didn't really love En Provence... in fact I sold mine! I like the Grand Illusion I made, and also the Allietare, but Allietare is still in blocks, not even assembled into a top yet. I have work to do.

Need to get my FW30's quilt put together too... and get back to working on my pony club quilt blocks. Whew. I have started way too many things! These I've mentioned are just the tip of the iceberg.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:25 PM

QNS------so happy for you.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I've done the past several Bonnie Hunter mysteries and I'm not sure I'm going to play this year. I didn't really love En Provence... in fact I sold mine! I like the Grand Illusion I made, and also the Allietare, but Allietare is still in blocks, not even assembled into a top yet. I have work to do.

Need to get my FW30's quilt put together too... and get back to working on my pony club quilt blocks. Whew. I have started way too many things! These I've mentioned are just the tip of the iceberg.

I know what you mean. I have completed all the BH quilts that I started, but I have several that need to be sandwiched and quilted.

Here is a link to my Grand Illusion. I did not like that quilt at all, so saw someone who changed it, and I followed suit. Here is a link to the page - Item #2177. I really like it now!

Thread: Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014

Last edited by JeanieG; 09-20-2017 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:22 PM

Oops I again wasn't getting notices for this thread. I wonder what I keep doing to make that happen. ANyway I am so relieved to hear that your surgery was a success!!

I am very excited. I bought another sewing machine. I got a 1976 Bernina Nova. I am a happy camper!
Old 09-20-2017, 10:14 PM
Power Poster

Wow Jeanie... that quilt is stunning! It's much prettier than mine, which I did as Bonnie directed. I like it but nobody in my family "gets it"...

Bev, I had a Bernina Nova way back in the 70's! I loved it but eventually sold it when I found a good used Bernina 830. Still have that one!
Old 09-21-2017, 05:19 AM

Thanks every one for nice comments about my eyes...its so wonderful I am still pinching myself to make sure I am not dreaming. Cannot believe how well I see now. Gee, now I gotta clean house better! LOL!

Going to see DD; that will be our first trip venturing out with my driving again. Cousin Mary and Robert have kindly agreed to house sit for the days we will be gone.

Thinking of a medium price range LA or something smaller to quilt on...plan several months of looking before buying anything. Plan is to complete more quilts tops first.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Wow Jeanie... that quilt is stunning! It's much prettier than mine, which I did as Bonnie directed. I like it but nobody in my family "gets it"...

Bev, I had a Bernina Nova way back in the 70's! I loved it but eventually sold it when I found a good used Bernina 830. Still have that one!
Now, ain't that kool? I am excited about the serpentine stitch as I gave #1DSis the only machine that I had w/that stitch.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:57 AM
Power Poster

So wonderful to be able to enjoy the simple pleasure of sight.

dublb..the serpentine stitch is a must as far as I'm concerned...I use it more than the zig zag stitch.

If I'm distracted, it's because of my DSis's health problems. Her heart problems have increased dramatically over the summer.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:41 AM

Bev - congrats on the new "older" machine! Those vintage machines seem to last forever.

OK - so sorry for you DSis and her health problems. It is rough for us to get old isn't it?

QNS - do you have a place to put that long/mid arm machine. My sewing room is the smallest bedroom in the house, and I don't have a place for another thing in it! I bet you could pick up a great machine from someone who is upgrading to bigger machine!

I am so excited! We finally have a fabric/quilt store in our town. It has been so long since the only quilt store in town closed. The owner got sick and just closed the store. We had another great fabric store at that time, and until just a few years ago too, but it closed too. Then a gift type store added fabric and a few notions to the back of there store, but it went out of business in June. I just found out that the fabric part of the store opened in July, in a new location that is kind of out of the way. I just noticed it the other day when Joe took that road. I went in yesterday and they had beautiful fabrics, a long arm they will be renting time on, and a nice size classroom. Yay!!! Owner was so nice and friendly too.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:37 PM
Power Poster

QNS, Babylock makes the Coronet, a 16" long arm with a 5 foot wide frame... they call it a 'small footprint'. You can still do bigger quilts by quilting half at a time. There's also the Tiara, if you want a sit down machine.