Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 10-11-2018, 06:26 AM

I started quilting a graduation quilt for one of my nieces. She graduated 2 years ago. LOL The top has been made for almost 3 years. It's time I get on the ball & quilt a few things. I am doing a Baptist Fan all over design. It is slow going.

This is the back. I backed it w/Minky. I am gonna do this for a bunch of the lap size tops that I have languishing in line waiting.

This is a section of the top. First I Aplique-quilted the edges of the butterfly. As I am doing the Baptist fan I am not quilting the butterfly. Since there is no batting to shift I am not gonna quilt the inside of the butterfly. Just stop at the edge of it.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:29 AM

I have news about my niece that is in St Judes. Her tests showed that she only has 3% of Leukemia in her body. The thing is they wanted her at 1% by now. I don't know what that means as far as her treatment goes.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:04 AM
Power Poster

Very pretty quilt, Bev. Is the minky hard to quilt?

Glad to hear of your niece's improvement. Hope they can get her down to that 1% they wanted.

I woke to a beautiful 60 degrees today! And all of our oppressive humidity is gone. It's so wonderful outside today! We finally got "Fall".

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 10-11-2018 at 07:07 AM.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:04 AM
Power Poster

Prayers for your niece, Bev...so sorry to hear. The black butterfly really makes the quilt..the Fan quilting is a nice overall design...I have yet to try it on the machine..good for you. Nice to get a UFO finished, isn't it.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:42 PM

Thanks ya'll. I do hope to get it done in the next few weeks. I am not even all the way around the first pass. It is time consuming.
SBG I am pleased w/the minky. I do have it glue basted so I don't have to worry about it stretching like I have heard LAer's complain. I am now planning on using minky on all the other lap quilt tops I have waiting to be quilted. Not having to deal w/batting is a bonus.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:57 PM
Power Poster

I haven't used minky on the back of a quilt yet, so I'm keeping mental notes of other people's experience with it. It's so soft. I know small children love it.
Old 10-13-2018, 06:57 AM

Good job on the quilt, Bev. Prayers for your niece, may she improve her health more.

Ok, thanks for the site I downloaded and its looking great. I will trim my four patch and keep the common size and hope that works. I did 'twill' the backs, so no heavy seam in the center. Learned that from Eleanor Burns books.

May everyone have a great weekend. Praying for the ones in the hurricane path and their path to recovery. Makes one a little more thankful for the homes we live in and food we have for our families and the many blessings we have been given by the Man above.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:38 AM

WE got our first snow last night...all three inches of it. Yes, it will be a cold, wet winter!
Old 10-15-2018, 06:07 AM
Power Poster

Snow! Wow, that seems really early. We are just barely getting cool evenings. It still gets up into the 80's during the afternoons. We had a quick taste of Fall, and then it got warm again.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:19 AM

We had a cold front blow through last night. Our temps were in the upper 80's yesterday. We might make it up to 53* today. It rained some last night also. It is foggy this morning. I want to say how happy I am about the lake levels. Last spring it got up to about 58% full. That was the highest it has been since we bought the house. It had dropped to 19% the first year we had the house. Anyway it started raining weekly in Sept & for a bit we still didn't see any lake levels raise but as of this week it is raising quickly. I guess all the dammed up ponds are full & now the over flow from the flood plains is running into the lake. It is up to 64%!
I quilted for several hours yesterday & then my Bernnia Nova seized up. I then spent 2 hours opening it up trying to find what the trouble is. Even DH helped me trouble shoot. We never found out what was wrong. I am so sad. I only have an area of 2' X 3' to quilt.