Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 08-16-2018, 06:47 PM

We leave here on Monday, Aug. 20th. Going to Idaho to visit friends for a week before we head up to Glacier National Park (if the fires are gone).
Old 08-17-2018, 06:56 AM

JeannieG, Have a safe trip! Give us a picture now and then of what you see that is interesting, if you can!
Old 08-17-2018, 10:01 AM

Have a very safe trip JeanneG. Wow you are coming close to me. Daughter lives in Lincoln, NE and we have friends who took us on a day trip to MSQC. Loved Cameron,Mo quilt shop. Ben Wheeler managed to find all the back roads going and coming home. Also seen Jamesport, Mo., quilt shop all in the same day. When you cross into Mo, or Ia., give us a call. Love to meet you and or have you overnight here. Lots of country room here to park.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:39 AM

QNS - I will let you know if we are in your area! Would love to see you and hubby!
Old 08-17-2018, 03:07 PM
Power Poster

This is going to be quite a trip, Jeanie..safe travels!
Old 08-17-2018, 03:38 PM

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. We have wanted to take this trip for a long time, and we are not getting any younger. We figured we had to do it while we were still healthy enough. My knee, which I have had cortisone, and lubricating injections is still not what it should be - so disappointing. It is better though.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:19 AM

Glad your knee is better, JeanieG. If you get in of here we will give you your boxes of fabric and i won't have to ship them to CA. You will have bragging rights to getting the actual fabric free! Have a safe and wonderful trip; hope the fates lead you here and we can add to the boxes. We took our last big trip in 2004, and never have been sorry to have taken it then.

We are getting 'rain teasers' but not enough to save the crops in the drought areas. It is sad, very sad to see the crops dying in the fields.

I sew when I can, but my time is to make my dh happy and do the things he wants first, then try to fit some sewing in. His cousin and wife are coming in this afternoon for a card game. Dh loves to play with them. Have a great week everyone.
Old 08-23-2018, 05:29 AM

I had a great day on Tues. It was guild day. The Guild is in Brownwood. We got done early so we all met for lunch at 11:00 & then the Sew-N-Share started early. I worked on my BH mystery. I got 4 of the 7 diagonal rows sewn together. I wonder when I am gonna get back to it?
Old 08-23-2018, 06:50 AM
Power Poster

Glad you had time to Sew-N-Share, dublb. I can't seem to even get to ours...we have them once a month. Finally after a summer off, my friends and I got together and sewed last week. I worked on some tiny crumb blocks...I need 280 of them and have about 50 of them sewn.

Also on the guild program committee. Have fall programs in hand. I do a little PP'ing refresher for the September meeting! Yikes that's coming up fast!

Meanwhile I'm in the office sorting and filing...got the household books all up to date and check book balanced...only off 4.32. Because the numbers 4+3+2=9 I have probably transposed a number somewhere. Not going to worry about it because it's in my checkbook register not my computer program. Now off to the bigger task with the farm account. I have been so lax this summer on that account...get the bills paid and that's been it.

I did get the binding on the white strip quilt done with a pantograph. Then have binding made for the KT meandered quilt. Would like to get the binding put on so I can hand stitch in the evening. Have a great day.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:42 AM

Going to quilt as I go on the butterflies I am doing on the side. My first attempt although I have wanted to do for a while.

Happy trails, JeanieG. I have traveled along that Northern route and it is nice. Mitchell South Dakota has a corn palace that birds love. Black Hills has some charm, and Nebraska is lovely with Wholesale Farm Foods in Lincoln that almost makes me want to live there. And I have been on Interstate 10 across the Southern USA to Florida. You are going to have a fantastic trip together and I am very happy for the two of you. It is fun areas to travel while you are able to do so together.