Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 03-03-2019, 05:20 PM
Power Poster

Can't wait to see the improv. piece!

Also, I think I made a mistake about your quilt. I assumed it was shirts, but then read that you said it was homespun yardage. Beautiful, either way...
Old 03-03-2019, 07:14 PM

Glad to hear you folks are surviving the cold weather, Ok. Of course, DST beginning March 10th will bring adjustmnets too as I remember that stage every year. Spring forward and fall back in the fall.

Your work OK always has me amazed with all that you do and always do so well. Loved Givio pictures too and SBG's posting too. Good night to all.
Old 03-03-2019, 08:31 PM
Power Poster

We are finally getting some winter here, too. I left for church this morning without even a jacket over my blouse... it was that warm out. By the time I came out of church the temps had started dropping rapidly, and a bitter cold wind blew in. We have had so much rain... much flooding in our state. It's been just below 40 this afternoon and is colder now. Tomorrow will be in the 30's and it's supposed to drop to the 20's before the end of the week. That might not seem bad to some of you, but to us in Mississippi, it's the deep freeze.

Saw so much tornado devastation in Georgia and Alabama on TV this evening! Those poor people... We can hardly complain about our circumstances when so many are dealing with that kind of loss. And the northeast looks to be buried in snow for the foreseeable future. So we count our blessings.

Hope you all stay warm and snug! Great quilting weather...
Old 03-04-2019, 05:04 AM
Power Poster

My son couldn't get a flight out of Columbus to DC so he had to stay another night. They cancelled it at the last minute. I was happy to get some extra time with him though. We got some snow but not much.
Still, I'm tired of winter.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:46 AM

I've been procrastinating on the Birthday Candies quilt. I decided to make a new cover for the foam pad that is in my dog's crate. At home, he's never in the crate, but I'm visiting my sister's house, so when we are both out he needs to be in a crate. I couldn't decide what border to put on the BC quilt, so I've got several 6" blocks that were rejected. I think my next procrastination project will be to use them and make a little dog quilt for Maxie.

Wonderful finishes, SBG and OK. I liked your links OK, thanks for sharing them. I don't look at so many of the threads so much anymore, so the links were handy!
Attached Thumbnails p1010003.jpg  
Old 03-04-2019, 12:56 PM
Power Poster

Very pretty dog bed, Giv...!
Old 03-04-2019, 02:32 PM
Power Poster

Hey that dog bed looks fit for a prince! The camera angle and shine off the wire looks like a royal brass bed! Hey my son's dog got an old quilt of mine to put in the bottom of his!
Old 03-04-2019, 05:18 PM

Beautiful little dog bed. My cat's crate is medium to large size, that she sleeps in every night. Mega has grown, and is a very heavy cat now in her fourth year. Slightly spoiled. LOL! She owns the ironing board when she comes into the quilt room; I have to wait until she decided to go visit dh in his room.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:56 PM

It’s coooooooold here too. We went to Ft Worth today. It was a nice day trip. We closed on DH’s cousin’s house. Then we drove all around the areas DH’s DGM lived. DH spent his summers there. Most of the buildings he knew about are gone. Houses & businesses. We were happy to see what they totally redid the Montgomery Wards building. It is a real nice condo w/businesses on the bottom floor. It is set up so ya don’t have to far for most of your needs. Since it is down town what ever isn’t in that building can be found easily close by. We then drove home. I do wish we had been there when #1DSon or his wife had been home. We will see ‘em soon though.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:54 PM
Power Poster

Hey it's above zero now! Enjoy your cold..dublb...it could be worse!

This is is the remnants of the strip quilt...enjoy. Just wish I could get better pictures with my camera...oh well.

And the Tale Continues