Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 02-25-2019, 08:30 AM
Power Poster

Bev, you and your family have such giving hearts.

It's a snow day! Not sure if the kids will be here though. Seems calm out now, but the wind sure whipped the new snow around yesterday..blizzard conditions. Some dairy farmers dumped milk as the milk truck couldn't get in. FarmerSon spent the night for the first time in 20 years...he only lives a half mile away.

Hope to get the Tula Pink flimsy done and photographed and the homespun strip quilt quilted today. i quilted a donation quilt without a batting to get the feel of LA'ing as it was early Oct when I last quilted. Off I go.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:06 AM

I saw the shots of the blizzard, OK, on face book and it looked to be a mess. I would imagine you are looking forward to Spring, but Easter is not until the third Sunday of April, so I do not see an early Spring this year, but will be thank full, for one, if/when it happens. DST starts March 19th.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609219[/ATTACH]Starting another row on the Christmas Burg, an a memory from childhood in Iowa at Christmas time. I only need four more squares and its wonky as it looks in the picture. It has silver sparkling in the patterns of gray-blue colors and a small village in the center of the block. I looked the picture of the other strips and that third row center I had to change. Like it better now, but don't know what order I am going to place the rows.
Attached Thumbnails dscn1003.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-25-2019 at 01:19 PM. Reason: remove vent/rant
Old 02-28-2019, 07:35 AM

I quit getting notifications again.
Sue, I love your blue Berg Surround. As ya'll know blue is my favorite color so I love this one the best.

DFGD is back home. She seems to be a bit better.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:36 PM
Power Poster

Sue, I love that!!!!!!!! The lighter fabric looks like falling snow!!!
Old 03-02-2019, 06:14 AM

DST starts March 10th . Sorry I hit the wrong key. I don't like it. It is hard on the animals who don't read the clocks to adjust, like cows that are milked. It is hard on kids who must adjust, and hard on the working parents. Seems so silly to spring ahead and fall back an hour.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:02 AM

I agree Sue! It’s just hard! I wish they’d just keep it daylight savings time all year. I like the sun going down later. However if they’d just quit changeing it I’d be happy.
Old 03-03-2019, 02:27 PM

There are now all five of the blue Christmas Burg in a row sewn together. Reminded me of when I was about six years old, delighted that Jack Frost had decorated the window, so I could draw a picture in the frost on the inside of the window.The frost was thick and a nice drawing surface. Now I cannot imagine the inside window pane being cold enough to frost on the inside. Child view vs. adult's, I guess.

March is beginning to feel a lot like February. Snow last night, cold all day, and bitter cold tonight at five below. After Tuesday, it warms up to rain and snow toward the end of the week. Day temps do get above freezing. More rain and then snow in the forecast. Good sewing weather, but hard on the animals outside. Ducks and chickens came out, turned around and went back inside their shed. Big heating bill in February and maybe a bigger one at the end of March. All electric house is drafty and hard to heat. We have mounted a propane heater on the wall of the great room, but heating the garage this winter has drained the propane tank, down to 20% and that means I need to call and have it filled next week.

Haven't heard from Ok lately on QB, hope all is well. The cold and snow has really hit them hard lately.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:09 PM
Power Poster

OK is alive and well...yes a bruiser of a weekend last...now sub zero. No fun on the farm. Yesterday was decent as we took off for a dairy meeting...good to meet up with fellow colleagues..a meal at Culver's before the trip home with chores awaiting.

I can call this a finish for DGS#1. He likes it! Think I will make a golf themed pillow case to put it. I'm ready to put the little leftover quilt on the frame tonight and hope to call another one done soon. This one I might send out to the Mass crew as they go camping quite often with their other Gparents.

The Tale of a Simiple Strip Quilt

SewBizGirl has been finishing up things too.

Seven Finishes!

QNS you are making steady headway on the BSurrounded quilts!
Old 03-03-2019, 04:24 PM
Power Poster

Love your GS's quilt out of shirt fabric, OK. I left you a comment in that thread. And thanks for the link to my finishes.

How do you like my 90 yo friend making all those quilt tops that I finished for her? She gave me all the fabrics for the Hungry Caterpillar quilt too. She used to lead our charity quilting group until recently. She felt she should move to assisted living because she wasn't getting around as good as she used to, so she stepped down as our leader. She was fabulous and nobody can fully fill her shoes. She was a pastor's wife and when she became widowed about 12 years ago, she found quilting. She said it saved her life. Quilting for others gave her a new purpose! Now, in the assisted living apartment, she made her one bedroom into her sewing studio, and she sleeps on the daybed in her living room. She's got her priorities right!
Old 03-03-2019, 04:28 PM
Power Poster

You're welcome Bonnie..I just think your 90 yo friend is so lucky to have you as a friend. You finishing off her tops is such a special thank you gift to her. We should all be fortunate to be able to sew for as long as we can! I'm off to put the leftovers of GS's quilt on the frame. It's a nice little improv piece.