Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 03-05-2019, 04:34 AM
Power Poster

Sewbizgirl (or anyone else) can you point me to some girl patterns for little baby clothes? I haven't bought a pattern in years and have no idea what's out there. I was at Joann's last week for something for me and their pattern drawers were practically empty!
Old 03-05-2019, 07:59 AM
Power Poster

Nice bonus quilt, OK! I like the strips going in both directions. You've given me some ideas...

Suzie Q, I've got these 3 that I really like:

New Look #DO941
New Look #DO570
Simplicity #8304

There is also a free pattern online called the "Good Deeds Dress" that is meant for charity use and is really cute! You can use it for personal use, but the author asks that you make at least one to donate to charity.
http://elysiumpatterns.blogspot.com/...-for-long.html
(I line the bodice with a light cotton, rather than put binding on the edges.)

You can probably order the New Look and Simplicity patterns from JoAnn.com if your local store is out.

Have fun... and congrats on becoming a grandma!
Old 03-05-2019, 04:48 PM
Power Poster

I like the idea of donating one to charity.
Thanks so much for the patterns! I'm so excited. The baby is a girl and since I had 3 boys I'm extra excited!!!!!!
My DIL is all about pink! I was a little surprised because it doesn't seem popular with babies these days. ( or should I say their parents). But I'll make whatever she wants! My son is all excited for me to have a baby to sew/quilt/knit/wait for
Old 03-05-2019, 07:51 PM

My notifications stopped again - I hate when that happens!!!

I had a blast at my quilt retreat! It was so much fun, I can hardly wait until next year! I'll take photos of what I accomplished.

My either partial or total knee replacement surgery is scheduled for Tues. March 19. I am going to pre-surgery Physical Therapy to strengthen the muscles in my leg. Wow - do they wear me out. They take about 15 minutes - 3 times a day, then have to ice my knee. Physical Therapy is twice a week.

QNS - that Christmas Burg is really coming along nicely. Great job and such an interesting quilt pattern!

SBG - Baby Millicent is just darling. Congratulations Grandma!

Givio - Your Birthday Candies Swap Quilt is going to be gorgeous. I love how you are putting it together!

I have completed my Pony Club Quilts! I made mine into two lap quilts. One has all Pony Fabric (that one is quilted) and the other is "other" fabrics (it is not quilted). The FWS 30's Quilt is in flimsy stage also. It is a lap size as well. I find I am not fond of 30's fabrics.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:12 AM

Welcome back again JeanieG. Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself.

Susie, I love the Kwik Sew patterns for kids.. Sew Thankful in New Mexico (Quilt Shop) carries the patterns. I used them a lot when our 2 girls and 1 boy was growing up. You can Google them on line.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:52 AM
Power Poster

Susie, I'm another fan of Kwik Sew patterns and kept all the ones I used when our kids were growing up. The multisize patterns are wonderful. I don't know how many times in how many sizes I made the Western jeans patterns from my skinny kids. It wasn't until Jr High and I could get small waisted and long inseams for our boys that I quit sewing for them. The T shirt patterns are so simple to sew as well. I would color block with scraps of knit and make use of every bit of knit fabric I had! One of the things I liked about them was the consistent sizing from pattern to pattern. Well worth the investment. Freezer paper makes a great medium to transfer the pattern onto...use a Sharpie on the dull side and trace off the pattern. Have fun sewing! Here's the KwikSew link.

https://kwiksew.mccall.com/

Jeanie I'm Sewglad you had a great time at the retreat..forging new friendships and reinforcing old ones is such fun. Good luck on the 19th...from what I hear, pre surgery strengthening attributes to a successful surgery! Bless you for keeping up with it.

Cold again here...going to try to make sense of some sewing stuff...need to get some tidying up before my sis arrives in 2 1/2 weeks.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-15-2019 at 01:13 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 03-06-2019, 07:06 AM
Power Poster

Good morning ladies! I spent the day yesterday, making the bassinet set for my daughter’s baby, Ivy. She was about to spend a small fortune on a sheet, bumper pads and bassinet skirt so I offered to make them for her instead. I made the bumper pad and skirt, and she’s buying some sheets. Glad to have that project done before the baby comes. I’m mailing it to her today.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:55 AM

susie, if you need the close knit for arm holes or neckline, I have bought out the closing quilt shop of that knit. If you need it, let me know. So many pretty things for girls or boys in the patterns.

Ok, a heat wave when it its above zero again! It is snowing here again. Spring is just around the corner, I hope.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:57 AM

https://www.sewthankful.com/ if you want to look.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:57 PM

Givio or SBG or someone ask when I revealed by Stack and Whack Hibiscus quilt what the original fabric looked like... well I found the original fabric: [ATTACH=CONFIG]609894[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]609895[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]609896[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]609897[/ATTACH]Last one is the border, of course. First one is the quilt, second and third is the fabric and you can see its repeats for the S&W design.
Attached Thumbnails dscn1015.jpg   dscn1012.jpg   dscn1013.jpg   dscn1016.jpg