Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 01-25-2019, 05:34 AM
Power Poster

What a lovely family, Jeanie... Don’t feel old, I just got a late start. I didn’t marry until I was nearly 30, and then when my oldest married, she wanted to wait 10 years before starting a family. (Thank goodness her younger brother and his wife didn’t wait that long.). I feel like I’ve been waiting forever to be a grandma.
Old 01-25-2019, 06:43 AM

I am having a retreat here in Brady this weekend. I have 2 DF's, then my cousin, my DD, & her DMIL. We are renting a li'le house. It starts today. One of my DF's is here already & she helped me set things up.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:37 AM

I know you will have a ball Bev! I am going to a Quilt Retreat next month at an RV Park! We have 5 rigs going up! The men will have fun, while we are taking classes. I have never been to a retreat before, anyone have a checklist they use that you could share with me??? Or suggestions on what to not forget!!!
Old 01-25-2019, 12:59 PM
Power Poster

So much fun, Bev!!! Have a blast.

Jeanie, funny you should ask. I have never been to a retreat either, but tomorrow I am going to a "sew day" out of town, to make dresses for little girls in central America. I am in the process of packing up everything I might need. So far, I have my personal work bag with scissors, seam ripper, rotary cutter and small ruler, eyeglasses, pins, clips. And I have my serger, and it's foot/cords. Also the sewing machine and pedal/cords. Extra feet, needles, several colors of thread and bobbins. Bringing my own patterns too... the dresses I like to sew. Also an extension cord, in case there aren't enough of them when I get there. Ironing stations will be provided.

Did you remember all of those things?
Old 01-25-2019, 03:12 PM

Mine isn't until next month - Feb 17. Guess I'll start collecting the things I need!! I am also taking a bending type sewing light, who knows what the lighting will be like. And a cushion for a chair - who knows how hard the seat will be. Let me know what you needed and did not have (lol), so I can take them! Undoubtedly there will be something I will not take and need!
Old 01-25-2019, 05:17 PM
Power Poster

LOL, I will tell you what I forget... last time it was the cord to the serger. That was a major bummer.

The chair/table height is the unknown factor. I am particular about that, so that's the only thing that might make sewing uncomfortable. But for 6 hours, I can tough it out!

My car is loaded for bear, and I'm ready to roll out of here at 7:30am. The weather is supposed to be good for driving.
Old 01-25-2019, 05:28 PM

Have a wonderful day SBG!!!
Old 01-25-2019, 10:17 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
Have a wonderful day SBG!!!
Thank you... it’s always fun sewing with others!
Old 01-26-2019, 02:29 AM
Power Poster

Have fun at your SewDays! My 2 QBuddies hate it when we have to postpone our monthly afternoon sessions. Not that we get all that much done...but such a great time to share together. And it makes me tidy up my area every 3 months
Old 01-27-2019, 11:31 AM
Power Poster

Dress sewing day was a success! Ten showed up to sew. I got three dresses made, so I'm happy!

So... what did I forget? A small garbage can. Didn't think I'd need one but found out I can't sew without one. Also kind of missed my stiletto. And I forgot to grab my little container of size tabs... "S", "M", "L", or just 2-4-6-8. So they will have to guess what sizes my dresses are. Thankfully I brought two pair of scissors, because another lady forgot hers. In the afternoon Liz put an old movie on the wall (somehow cast through her computer...) and we sewed to Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Fun!

Next time I might bring my high chair, because the chairs at the Fellowship Hall were too low for sewing. Way too low!