Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 01-14-2019, 08:16 AM

Great photo of your family! Wow, is that your kitchen? It looks like the same place as your avatar. It must be really big in order to have a quilt frame in it!
Old 01-14-2019, 01:26 PM

Grace quilt frame is in the great room, it looks into the kitchen. We built in 2005, and made it a more of an 'open' pass through from kitchen to dining room/living room. ( Divided by a small baking section in the middle of a partial wall.) Since we don't often have the visitors we thought we would have, the living room has became more of a 'man's cave', except for the quilt frame. I can hand quilt or tie a queen sized quilt on that frame when I complete a quilt top...which I have not done this winter. Although I have started several more, the UFO list seems to grow faster than I finish any. The cement slab is 84 x 32 foot which includes the two door garage and house, with the roof built first, then the space was divided into four bedrooms and two baths, and the great room and kitchen, then the garage. I am so glad the garage door opens up into the kitchen and stops a lot of dirt and tracking from outside into the kitchen and house. It is all one level...no steps or stairways. The house faces the South, bedrooms on the East side which means the sun wakes us up every morning. Tried to find a picture of the house, but when I changed computers the family said I needed, I lost some of the outside pictures. Will have to take some new pictures come Spring in less than 60 days now. I think most of us are ready for Spring.
Old 01-14-2019, 03:28 PM
Power Poster

Yes ready for spring! Sixty days sounds doable!!

So fun to have the kids around...isn't it?

Had an interesting day today. Two AQS certified quilt appraisers spoke at our guild meeting today. Oh so interesting. These women are extremely knowledgeable. They have to be to become certified..the training they do through let along the knowledge base they must have is incredible. If you ever have the chance to see how an appraiser does it, take the opportunity! It was certainly eye opening and a joy to help them as they appraised quilts for others. Now I'm tired...
Old 01-15-2019, 06:39 AM

Yes, the Lincoln Quilt Museum has training classes. It is or should be on everyone's to see list. I have been fortunate to have seen the quilts there on display twice. Before and after their remodeling . It was more fun and interesting before in my opinion which probably not worth two cents. (LOL) They do great tours there, signing up for email is free and it lets you know what they feature every month as in various quilts from around the world. They have an enormous storage area for quilts (temperature controlled) and show a few on tours. I don't know if they have put the 'button' quilt on display, given to them from a family in Kansas City with 1100 buttons on it or so they told us about it.
Old 01-20-2019, 06:38 AM

I haven't been doing much sewing. Friday we drove to Lake Ivy & really enjoyed ourselves.
It got cold Sat night. The wind blew like crazy. When we woke up yesterday morning it looked like it had rained. It was a dirty rain. I guess the wind had some dirt in the air & then the rain was slightly muddy. The wind continued all day yesterday. The temps got up to 60 but the wind chill was 44! The rest of the week our highs are supposed to stay in the 50's w/lows in the upper 30's. But the wind is supposed to blow. It will feel colder.
DGD spent the night w/us night before last. We played cards late into the night on Fri night. She has fallen in love w/Go Fish. She wanted to earn some $ so I let her clean the bathroom, dust & vacuumed the upstairs.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:30 AM
Power Poster

Close to 14 inches of snow here on Friday...now cold temps..winter is here! Trying to get a couple of little things done for school fundraiser this next weekend. Can't find my camera and it's frustrating me! Grrr.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:15 AM

QNS, Well, you are one of the lucky ones, to have such a large space. :-)
OK, not so much snow here, but it's lovely-- white, and sparkling under the sun today. :-)
Old 01-20-2019, 08:25 AM

Working on my Christmas Blocks of Burg.... surrounded quilt. Love the design and hate that name. LOL.

OK, I hate when I clean up for company, than cannot find things for a week or two... You will find in a different place than its home.

Temperatures are single numbers most of the week, although they say on Tuesday it will hit 40. I forgot to close my bedroom window by a half inch Friday night...did not wake up until 4:37 am...so its stuffed with a towel until Tuesday. I love a cool room to sleep in, but that's just a bit too cool at 3 degrees outside! Yep, Dublb, makes me want to go back to Texas for a month or two!
Old 01-20-2019, 10:43 PM

OH! OK, I do hope ya found your camera!
I just had to post this for everyone's enjoyment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0ge..._hsmi=69123485
Now I know that I'm getting old!
Old 01-21-2019, 08:23 AM

Wonder what they would do with an older phone where you had to ring the 'operator' to put your call through...on a party line where someone was always listening in to the call. think there was five or six on each party line. When lightning hit the phone, balls of fire bounced across the room. Now I have dated myself. Yep. I am as old as dirt!LOL.